Join our server on Discord

Jilted!??!!! How dare they!!
And I learned that I'm a little immature for an online relationship that's like a normal relationship. Mostly because I still have to live at home and am very private.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Back then when I was with Unknown I realized that my awful relationship with my father had contaminated my other relationships too. I know that unless I can have some control over that I'll never be able to have the relationship I want. So I just have to sit back for now...
Oh, and indeed too, you're so nice with her. Do you mind if she wears miniskirts? lol

I don't have a super realtionship with my mother, and for a while, that was really making my life hellish, and my relationships a whole lot harder to manage. I lashed out at people a lot and was pretty bitter for a long time. What you say is true, you have to be happy with yourslef before you can have the kind of relationship you want.

And in answer to your question, I wouldn't mind at all. She doesn't though. She wears long skirts or pants most of the time. She can dress how she likes. Who am I to tell her what she can and can't do with herself?
senjuro Wrote:
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Back then when I was with Unknown I realized that my awful relationship with my father had contaminated my other relationships too. I know that unless I can have some control over that I'll never be able to have the relationship I want. So I just have to sit back for now...
Oh, and indeed too, you're so nice with her. Do you mind if she wears miniskirts? lol

I don't have a super realtionship with my mother, and for a while, that was really making my life hellish, and my relationships a whole lot harder to manage. I lashed out at people a lot and was pretty bitter for a long time. What you say is true, you have to be happy with yourslef before you can have the kind of relationship you want.

And in answer to your question, I wouldn't mind at all. She doesn't though. She wears long skirts or pants most of the time. She can dress how she likes. Who am I to tell her what she can and can't do with herself?
Some time ago I read an article based on Jung's psychology about how women that had had bad relationships with their fathers behave toward men. Hell, it depicted me EXACTLY!!! What I thought it was a thoughtful and conscious behavior turned out to be a mere mechanism, me being just a slave of my unsolved emotions. I froze in awe when I saw that, and knew right away that I HAD to change before trying anything again. BTW, did you do some kind of psychological work to improve?

Oh, and I asked you that because a year ago or so I asked all my suitors in the net (I had a bunch back then) if they would allow me to dress up as a slut if we would go out (of course I was nicer on my question to you). And none of them gave me an answer like yours. They all said half committed answers like 'Maybe' 'Yeah, sometimes' 'It depends'. None gave me the role of an adult. But see, it could have been worse (saying 'Of course not!), but you see, I DO have some self esteem. They DID know I wouldn't accept sth that would cut my freedom like that.
But then again, you don't find guys as nice as you around easily.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Some time ago I read an article based on Jung's psychology about how women that had had bad relationships with their fathers behave toward men. Hell, it depicted me EXACTLY!!! What I thought it was a thoughtful and conscious behavior turned out to be a mere mechanism, me being just a slave of my unsolved emotions. I froze in awe when I saw that, and knew right away that I HAD to change before trying anything again. BTW, did you do some kind of psychological work to improve?

I'm always terribly paroniod about that sort of thing. I don't like the idea of machinised minds. That's one of the reasons I've set out to proove Robert Winston and the Child of Our Time chaps (BBC series, Google it) wrong by becoming a bigger success than Winston. I scored 44 on a "how successful you have the potential of becoming" test, which was "well on your way", but toward the lower half. I think you had to get 70 and you'd be "much better than I am" according to the Doctor. It was the damned Music bit. I got zero out of ten on that.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Some time ago I read an article based on Jung's psychology about how women that had had bad relationships with their fathers behave toward men. Hell, it depicted me EXACTLY!!! What I thought it was a thoughtful and conscious behavior turned out to be a mere mechanism, me being just a slave of my unsolved emotions. I froze in awe when I saw that, and knew right away that I HAD to change before trying anything again. BTW, did you do some kind of psychological work to improve?

Nope, no work to improve. I just pick my battles and bite my tongue. If it's not worth fighting about, I tend not to engage the enemy. My family is a family of fighters, though. If the other person won't fight, we'll bait them into it. Really cruel, actually, but at least it's intellectually stimulating!

Quote:Oh, and I asked you that because a year ago or so I asked all my suitors in the net (I had a bunch back then) if they would allow me to dress up as a slut if we would go out (of course I was nicer on my question to you). And none of them gave me an answer like yours. They all said half committed answers like 'Maybe' 'Yeah, sometimes' 'It depends'. None gave me the role of an adult. But see, it could have been worse (saying 'Of course not!), but you see, I DO have some self esteem. They DID know I wouldn't accept sth that would cut my freedom like that.

Well it just goes to show you how controlling some people can really be. Personally, I'm not a fan of exercising extreme control over other people. The more in check you try to keep something, the less control you end up having. Just look at uber-restrictive parents; their kids are usually in juvie by the time they're 16.

Again, I commend you for not "settling for less" just to have a relationship. It's sad to see how many people do that and end up being miserable.

Quote:But then again, you don't find guys as nice as you around easily.

Hee hee.... *blushes* thanks for the compliment, but I'm nothing nearly that special.

And Mullen, you fight the power, bro. Personally, I'm also a fan of proving supposed "scientific proof" utterly wrong. I'm already shattering the belief that video games turn the brain and social life to mush.
Herr Mullen Wrote:

I'm always terribly paroniod about that sort of thing. I don't like the idea of machinised minds. That's one of the reasons I've set out to proove Robert Winston and the Child of Our Time chaps (BBC series, Google it) wrong by becoming a bigger success than Winston. I scored 44 on a "how successful you have the potential of becoming" test, which was "well on your way", but toward the lower half. I think you had to get 70 and you'd be "much better than I am" according to the Doctor. It was the damned Music bit. I got zero out of ten on that.
Sorry, could you give me a direct link? Anyway, I chose my current sig because of it. I had some odd inner experience, and couldn't decide what I was actually feeling. I had this Theodore Roethke poem's fragment in one of my favorite books, Romancing the Shadow, and decided to use it as sig. Which I is I? I sometimes can't tell. I don't know which is the real me sometimes.
Quote:Nope, no work to improve. I just pick my battles and bite my tongue. If it's not worth fighting about, I tend not to engage the enemy. My family is a family of fighters, though. If the other person won't fight, we'll bait them into it. Really cruel, actually, but at least it's intellectually stimulating!
Seems awfully simple, but wise. Yeah, my family's like that too. My mother takes stuff as people dirtying the grass or noisy cars with the zeal of a boss battle. I've learned to not pay attention to all that.
Quote:Well it just goes to show you how controlling some people can really be. Personally, I'm not a fan of exercising extreme control over other people. The more in check you try to keep something, the less control you end up having. Just look at uber-restrictive parents; their kids are usually in juvie by the time they're 16.
You're right, but like I said, it's not common. Besides, I've been born and raised in a Latin culture, where people are extremely controlling, especially guys. I know it myself cuz I'm extremely jealous too.
And what's juvie?
Quote:Again, I commend you for not "settling for less" just to have a relationship. It's sad to see how many people do that and end up being miserable.
Thank you, you know I won't.
Quote:Hee hee.... *blushes* thanks for the compliment, but I'm nothing nearly that special.
I think you are. You've tried to go past the surface in your life, and gave it a deep thought too. Just that makes you special. Not like the countless masses of sheeps that never question anything in their lives. And you try to keep a good relationship and I think it's not just in the surface, like most people do. Am I right?
Quote:And Mullen, you fight the power, bro. Personally, I'm also a fan of proving supposed "scientific proof" utterly wrong. I'm already shattering the belief that video games turn the brain and social life to mush.
I know the second, but most of us are simply machines controlled by our emotions. I learned that the hard way.
Juvie is short for juvineile hall, the place where they send the really bad kids to go to school.
Right, and if you check out the backgrounds of some of the kids in there, you'll see that they often come from controlling and abusive homes.

Well Zeph, let's just say that we both think the other is a really great person, in a purely platonic way? Us complimenting each other back and forth is only going to start people talking!

Oh, I liked your comment about your mom taking stuff as seriously as boss battles...it's not every day you can make a video game analogy apply to real life as coherently as that.
Child of Our Time Quizes.

The ones toward the bottom are more helpful. The rest are about parenting.
As a rule, most supposedly scientific psychology should be taken with a shaker's worth of salt. It's all different ways of looking at the same thing without actually capturing the whole.

You'll never get science to prove such an obvious thing as free will, because science starts from the assumption that all things are mechanistic (running on rules like machines) or probabalistic (running on randomness like rolled dice). When you assume there is no free will, you eventually "discover" there is no free will.

Just live your life. So we're influenced by our parents! OF FUCKING COURSE! That doesn't mean, however, that we have no control over ourselves. We make choices, and we live with them.

Can you think of a better way to think?