Join our server on Discord

Poll: Will humans ever evolve to have wings?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.00%
4 20.00%
No
15.00%
3 15.00%
No, but it'd be really cool if we did!
65.00%
13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wings: evolutionary future?
Oh really? Well then we've figured it out then haven't we.
My wings are powered up by my own energy, so I don't need hollow bones or anything!
Told you, that's my own mind vision.

And following Wise's logic, what would be our wings are our arms, so we'd have plenty of disadvantages (how many times could you move your arms in order to flap your wings? How could you sleep? How could you type, or sit in a chair?)

Hell*slaps Wise's shoulder for killing the mood*
It would be better that they were on our shoulders of course, but may I ask how the heck would we control them? There would have to be too many neural terminals connected to them in that way.
I really wouldn't like to have wings as arms...
But if there isn't more logic here and I turned into a wyvern it wouldn't matter.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
they wouldn't be a problem with the arms and the wings if they are on the back. I mean you can move each finger individually and they're right next to eachother so it would be possible to create the nueral stuff in order to control them independantely. Now breathing at alttitudes of maybe 10,000 feet, that would be a problem.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah, but we wouldn't evolve unprepared for that.
If the creatures which came out of the water for the first time couldn't breath outside it's because they needed to evolve further.
And anyways, couldn't we just use oxygen masks? :?:
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wisemon has a point and even with hollow bones i wouldn't go anywhere.. unless i visited Jenny Craig before i got wings.... or Bally

but it would be awesome to have wings. It would really help with the rising gas prices and car insurance. I would love to have wings it would mean serious freedom from almost any situation
Veemon's Followers
The talk about being able to control them... It would easily be capable to control them. I, myself, can more parts of my hand than anybody else that I know. And it creeps people out. Look at your hand and make a fist. Open you hand slowly, but keep the tips of your fingers bent (from the middle knuckle up). If you watch closely, you can notice small lines that almost look like vains, but I think they're like, ligaments or something. I can actually roll them back in forth in both my hands. About 4 that I can see in each hand. And you'll know if you can do it because your first knuckle will look like it's seperating. Point that I'm trying to prove... You can control every muscle in your body if you know how. Wings, you would just have to learn. Like walking.
That's always been my favorite way to creep people out.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
My own way is tangling all my fingers and show them to the people, then tangle the other fingers ith my first tangled hand.
It's stupid and useless, but somewhat funny.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Try dislocating your thumb in public. You'll send everyone within sight running to throw up
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad