Join our server on Discord

Poll: Will humans ever evolve to have wings?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.00%
4 20.00%
No
15.00%
3 15.00%
No, but it'd be really cool if we did!
65.00%
13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wings: evolutionary future?
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Hell, I often imagine myself with wings. It's only in my physical body that I don't have them.

Yeah, I know what you mean there...I know that I, for one, definitely see myself differently in my mind's eye than I actually am. I'm also a martial arts expert in my day dreams as well...

*visions of a beautiful and remarkable takedown of several assailants*

If only...

Still though...to have wings...wow. Now that would be some serious freedom!
Gabumonfurry Wrote:If theres some enviormenttal change, needing us to travel without walking (which is proabably impossilbe) then yah i think we would have wings... or gorw ridicously strong legs and jump from far distances o.O

Then again evlolution is iffy, like if there is a coloney of frogs or whatever and there is no male, then some how there is a male, but how do they produce a male... does one of them some how change >
Like if we have to move from the land to up in the air we might grow them, or figure out some kind of mechanical wings.
Well dinosaurs did evolve into birds (supposedly) so who knows maybe it is possible if the circumstances for necessary evolution are met, or if the scientists get bored and decide to do some genetic splicing.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I guess we'll have to settle for jetpacks or something until those wings come along...
Actually, just having wings would suck, because we wouldn't be able to fly. We would also need hollow bones.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yes but how does DC's hawkman fly then?
Trust Wise to deflate an idea entirely with his impeccable logic.

Ok well then wings + any physiology that would make it necessary to fly.
Yeah only sometimes but hey, he's good at logic. I am too sometimes.
Heh logic has no place in a hypothetical poll.
Quote:Yes but how does DC's hawkman fly then?
Simple, DC doesn't put as much thought into their characters as Marvel. Marvel's Angel (the man who later became Archangel, Warren Worthington III), was given hollow bones to allow for flight.

Quote:Trust Wise to deflate an idea entirely with his impeccable logic.
On a related note, I told an English teacher that an epitaph in Gray's poem about a sheep herder had to have been fictional, because the sheep herder's family couldn't afford to put that many lines of poetry onto a stone.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against