Join our server on Discord

The Topic of Tails
Sigmund Freud I take it? Yes, quite a man, thinks he could explain problems of the mind with simple hypnosis, I happen to think he was a crackpot. He was more worried about his own ass than that of others. Afraid of death and had severer mental disability. I will quote on this man too!
Wasn't Sigmund Freud the dream interpretor?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
shadowknight Wrote:Wasn't Sigmund Freud the dream interpretor?

Yes he was, the quack of a doctor, all he did was say how many problems people had if they told him their dreams, if it was true or not, people don't need to hear it, anyone can look at you and interupt what your problems are. I'm sure he would tell anyone here, "You have an over active imagination and will die of cancer due to your addiction" I am not telling anyone how to live or what to think mind you, just saying I did not find his work revolutionary. You can enjoy his work if you want and you think I am completely insane (not to far from the truth), it is just my opinion.
Hey Albert Einstein was thought to be insane and look at what he accomplished.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
shadowknight Wrote:Hey Albert Einstein was thought to be insane and look at what he accomplished.

Albert was a good man in my boke, so he smoked crack and could hardly write, hated stupid people, and thought his parents were complete idiots, he still accomplished something. He may have been a bit over board, but science still can not make people perfect (one day though...)
First, I'd either like wings or a tail since both would work and there's one weird thing about freud, He liked his mother and thought all kids liked the opposite parent. And I find that second part to be bull but that's not the point.
ya know... almost all furries aren't complete without tails, I havent seen one yet that doesnt have a tail...

(gasps) could it mean... that I got my dog not for a companion... but for a partner!?
If you think so. I think you make a valid point with the tails. Though do realize the poll is a bit esckewed being here. Somtimes I just wonder if it is deemed "attractive" because it is something extra. If it isn't that it is just for being more "animalistic."
GunterVanCrimson Wrote:ya know... almost all furries aren't complete without tails, I havent seen one yet that doesnt have a tail...

(gasps) could it mean... that I got my dog not for a companion... but for a partner!?
Just get a dog for a companion. And the next time you have some sick idea like that (if I'm taking this the right way), keep it off these boards, please.

Freud found out a lot of truth for his time, but not for ours. It's Baloon Psychology: you repress something and it just goes somewhere else. Freud's people repressed near all sexual feelings, so they became perverted underneath. Nowadays we don't repress as much anymore, so we're not screwed up in the same way.
Anonmon Wrote:
GunterVanCrimson Wrote:ya know... almost all furries aren't complete without tails, I havent seen one yet that doesnt have a tail...

Just get a dog for a companion. And the next time you have some sick idea like that (if I'm taking this the right way), keep it off these boards, please.

Freud found out a lot of truth for his time, but not for ours. It's Baloon Psychology: you repress something and it just goes somewhere else. Freud's people repressed near all sexual feelings, so they became perverted underneath. Nowadays we don't repress as much anymore, so we're not screwed up in the same way.

Hmm, yes I agree with you on that, we do not repress to much since the 1900's, possibly the word figured it was unhealth? I am not sure, and maybe I did bash Sigmund to early, he was good for his time, I don't know about human psychology myself, but when people have problems they have to control them, too many make outlets to take problems out on and sex is no different, maybe our problems lay in expressing too much? We do share a lot on the DaD, and some thing better kept to ourselves if you catch my drift ^ ^, but we seem... O.K in a general sense