Join our server on Discord

Yes, I know my enemies; they're the teachers
My teacher just had too much of an ego and couldn't stand the fact that a child was smarter than him.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I've only had private tutors since 3rd grade.

and shes a crazed old tight bitch!
for crying out loud- back when I didnt understand fractions, all she did was lecture and lecture without telling me the basics, so I couldnt make heads or tails of what she was saying. if I interupted her, she'd yell at me.

then she gives me a pice of paper with lots of fractional problems- like I said, I didnt know anything about fractions, so you could guess what my score was.

yey, she's mad.

she yells at me and shakes me. hard.
want to hear what she usually says?

You are a stupid, foolish WORTHLESS individual, you dont deserve an educator of my caliber!! you're lazy, and you're a disgrace to your family!-

and it goes on, and on... this could really traumatize an eight-year-old, dont you think?

oh, and there were the beatings, the fun beatings.

So far, I've hated the educators I've had, especially her. I hope she's rotting in hell right now. -oh... that's very... un-gunterish of me...
double posting is a pain.
That reminds me of my 8th grade algebra teacher. All the credibility in the world (he has a Doctorate from the Uni. of Berkeley, he bragged about it all the fuckin' time), but no teaching skills. Graduated with a D+ average, and I curse him for that.
Quote:That reminds me of my 8th grade algebra teacher. All the credibility in the world (he has a Doctorate from the Uni. of Berkeley, he bragged about it all the fuckin' time), but no teaching skills. Graduated with a D+ average, and I curse him for that.
Well, this guy can teach, but he didn't know how to grade what he taught. I think that's just as bad.

Quote:I've only had private tutors since 3rd grade.

and shes a crazed old tight bitch!
for crying out loud- back when I didnt understand fractions, all she did was lecture and lecture without telling me the basics, so I couldnt make heads or tails of what she was saying. if I interupted her, she'd yell at me.

then she gives me a pice of paper with lots of fractional problems- like I said, I didnt know anything about fractions, so you could guess what my score was.

yey, she's mad.

she yells at me and shakes me. hard.
want to hear what she usually says?

You are a stupid, foolish WORTHLESS individual, you dont deserve an educator of my caliber!! you're lazy, and you're a disgrace to your family!-

and it goes on, and on... this could really traumatize an eight-year-old, dont you think?
That's just fucked up.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:Well, this guy can teach, but he didn't know how to grade what he taught. I think that's just as bad.

A little along the lines, yeah. But, more like, "going over the same concept for days, and when test time rolls around, we have a new concept we barely learned that we have to answer."

Example:

Concept - Difference of two squares - 2a-484 = (a+22)(a-22)

Test time:

Trinomial squares - 4a (squared) - 8ca + 10; Factor

It's easy now, but back then, I was: WTF?
hey- youre back!

welcome back bro- how was the trip?
Oh...lol...I'm actually still on the trip, just sitting here with my laptop.

Heh, but thanks for thinking of me.
well- it's been a while.

how is it so far?
After a long meeting, the assistant dean told me that I had to start by bringing my complaint to another professor, and then it would work its way upward. I fucking hate bureaucracies! :x
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against