Join our server on Discord

The war is far from over
5'9 and 180 pounds, it could be a lot worse!

-if you cut down of foods, make sure you still eat breakfast, or you'll binge and over-eat @ lunch time to make up for a bad intake.

-Gingivitis affects 1 in 3 americans nowadays
Quote:5'9 and 180 pounds, it could be a lot worse!

-if you cut down of foods, make sure you still eat breakfast, or you'll binge and over-eat @ lunch time to make up for a bad intake.

-Gingivitis affects 1 in 3 americans nowadays
I know personally that it could be worse. I was 5'9" and 235 at one point, but my point is that it's a constant struggle. Now I'm at 175, and I'm trying to get down to 170 before the end of my break (Sunday). No gingivitis for me. I just came from the dentist, and they said I was perfect as usual. Nice sig, by the way.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hmm... I had to go to a new dentist last thursday, and i don't know what i did to deserve the pain. the dentist said i was fine, except for this ONE spot of tartar buildup under my retainer clip. they said they were bringing in a "hygenist", but it was actually this crazy chick with a tooth scraper. She went over every single part of my gums and got under them, top & bottom, and by the time she was done; every gum was bleeding and i am now once again afraid of the dentist. :P

-and fight the struggle! it's amazing that you lost 50 pounds with no1 else's help. i'm totally rootin 4 ya, but it'd be damn hard to lose 5 pounds in 4 days, at least by my standards.
Quote:Hang on, hang on...you said your gums started to bleed? Errr...doesn't that mean you were starting to get scurvy?
Nope, not that and neither gingivitis. My gums bled when I brushed my teeth after 3 weeks of having eaten practically nothing and have been a whole week on a strict diet with zero vitamin C (as you can imagine, after a gastroenteritis lemons (the fruit), oranges and such were strictly forbidden). But just after I took a gram of vitamin C in a single dose, they didn't bleed anymore. To have a severe lack of vitamin C you need to be 20 to 30 weeks without taking any.
Quote:Not scurvy, gingivitis. Which is not as bad for you and far more common.
Not as bad? You can lose all your teeth for it.
UnknownH Wrote:Really, I thought people didn't get that as much as they used to.
It was a big pirate problem.

Well any sailor really...but yeah, people still do get it from time to time. There was a university student in Halifax (Nova Scotia) who tried to eat nothing but Kraft Dinner for a whole semester. I don't think he made a full week before he got really sick and had to be hospitalized. Aside from malnutrition and other maladies, he also had scurvy. That's why it made my campus newspaper, it was mainly about him getting scurvy and how it's ridiculous that somebody could still get it these days.

Then the next week's edition, student activists were saying that the government should give students more money so that they don't have to live on just Kraft Dinner...

Some people will read too much into just about anything -_-;;
UnknownH Wrote:Really, I thought people didn't get that as much as they used to.
It was a big pirate problem.

Well any sailor back in the day really.

But yeah, people still do get it from time to time. There was a university student in Halifax (Nova Scotia) who tried to eat nothing but Kraft Dinner for a whole semester. I don't think he made a full week before he got really sick and had to be hospitalized. Aside from malnutrition and other maladies, he also had scurvy. That's why it made my campus newspaper, it was mainly about him getting scurvy and how it's ridiculous that somebody could still get it these days.

Then the next week's edition, student activists were saying that the government should give students more money so that they don't have to live on just Kraft Dinner...

Some people will read too much into just about anything -_-;;

Anyway, on the topic of waging weight wars, I'm doing the same as well. I've never been so out of shape in my entire life. A sedentary semester really puts you behind. I have to hit the gym big time...

Wish me luck everyone!
Ganbattekure, senjuro!
Wish you the best of luck Senjuro: get farther than a scheduled-week in a gym, and you've beat my record. Beware the Hernia's!!!

I can't believe some people still get scurvy nowadays.
And i'm also really curious: why is Vitamin C so feared in diets? :?
I never knew it was FEARED...I thought "carbs" were the new enemy.
I think it's because the easiest place to get vitamin C (besides vitamins) is from juice which has alot of sugar and stuff in it, but I'm not sure so don't qoute me on it.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad