Join our server on Discord

Poll: What is your reaction to oddly-gendered digimon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I see most digimon automatically with their "canon" gender
4.35%
1 4.35%
I can deal with any digimon having any gender
30.43%
7 30.43%
Some digimon I see as automatically male or female, but the other can be any gender.
65.22%
15 65.22%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you feel about digimon of different genders?
arent they just created by data?
we're assuming digimon can also reproduce normally,
I guess so.
how else could they have any fun...
Well, sex is the only fun thing in the world, but there is some validity to that point. They really don't reproduce that way. It hasn't been in any game or show, so even if they can it is rather rare. The only reason would be like for humans or something.
Wait but can't you mix 2 digimon in Digimon world 2 to create a 'diffrent' but same digimon? So thats essentially reproducing except that the parents die o.O

Then again gender really doesn't take account in the combining digimon part so male digimon can reproduce with each other yay xD
wow! this is really starting to get me confused!
That's called Jogressing, aka Permanent DNA Digivolving.

I suppose whether they reproduce or not depends which 'verse you're in. In Tamerverse they probably do because there's no Primary Village there, so otherwise the species would die out. In Adventure and Frontier, however, the Village just seems to produce new Digimon occasionally.
Isn't everything in the DigiWorld somehow a manifestation of the data coming from the real world? So as new data is added, the DigiWorld would probably change or be expanded in some way, either by getting bigger or by spawning new Digimon.

Errrr, maybe? I dunno.
Senjuro, that's how I always figured it. Tamers may just be on a smaller scale possibly.
I figured it was that way as well, I read it in a lemon somewhere too...