Join our server on Discord

Something worth looking at everyday
Not a poem really, jsut something i found, it made me think
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:Seems a bit big, though. Couldnt you just place it in text instead of having a jpg?
I saw that coming.

Look, just forget what I said, okay? Jeezus...
Quote:Look, just forget what I said, okay? Jeezus...
You're right; it should be plain text. I'm just saying; I knew you'd say that.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
The one about being young, I've heard that one before, but it's still pretty good. But yea... The other one. I'm still not very old, still made some mistakes I wish I could change though. But most other things would stay the same. Like, type of friends, what I do in my free time, what I smoke... All that good stuff that matters a lot.
If you went back and fixed your mistakes would you still be as good a person today?
Quote:If you went back and fixed your mistakes would you still be as good a person today?
Good point, except the subjective definition of a mistake is something that you regret having done or not done. If you regret them, you would be better off without them, and you've already taken into account how your future would be affected, or at least, you think you have.
I know that you saw me.
Though it has not much to do with the one I posted, that's pretty too, Gabumon.
Quote:That whole "innocence" them bugs the hell out of me, perhaps because I've gotten a lot of benefits and have become happier from "eating the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge" so to speak.
That's kinda relative. Back when I watched the TV with the murderings, the politicians and the economic measures, and looked down at my doggie bringing me a toy wanting to play with me or looking at whatever I had in my hands, I would told him 'You're so lucky you don't understand any of this'.
Quote:Zephyr, I hope there's nothing you'd want to go back and fix.
*sigh* Thank you, but I have plenty to regret already. I am kinda the counterpart of this poem, The Unforgiven:

New blood joins this earth
And quikly he
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:If you went back and fixed your mistakes would you still be as good a person today?
Good point, except the subjective definition of a mistake is something that you regret having done or not done. If you regret them, you would be better off without them, and you've already taken into account how your future would be affected, or at least, you think you have.
You think you have. Life shows that the happy person is often the fool, so you have to decide what kind of trade you want to make.

I suppose Zephyr would choose to be happy but somewhat more ignorant due to not knowing about murders, politics, and the death of loved ones. Wisemon seems to choose to minimize his pain but accepts it when it comes. I fight until I can be happy, and from the pain of that I learn.

I wouldn't be as happy as I am if I hadn't taken my crappy life and changed it. There is no point in getting depressed if it impedes possible action! You might not have a dog or a grandpa anymore (I'm down to one grandma, God bless her), but you have your own life and if happiness is your goal your goal is still attainable.
Quote:*sigh* Thank you, but I have plenty to regret already. I am kinda the counterpart of this poem, The Unforgiven:
I know that "poem." It's one of my favorites.

Quote:Ah sure, the only one that has the right to have a whole screen sig is you, right Wise? *rests against the wall in a dark corner sharpening her sickle while glaring at Wise* I would have put it in text, but takes more than the 255 characters allowed.
Sorry, I was just trying to agree with Reo on something after he sent me a PM telling me to be less argumentative.
Quote:I wouldn't be as happy as I am if I hadn't taken my crappy life and changed it. There is no point in getting depressed if it impedes possible action! You might not have a dog or a grandpa anymore (I'm down to one grandma, God bless her), but you have your own life and if happiness is your goal your goal is still attainable.
I'm also stronger for having to get through a lot of crap, but I wouldn't say that I'm happier. In fact, I'm sure that I would've been happier if I'd had friends, a girlfriend, the intelligence of a genius, and if I'd been without my social awkwardness. I probably wouldn't be a writer though.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:I suppose Zephyr would choose to be happy but somewhat more ignorant due to not knowing about murders, politics, and the death of loved ones.
Hmmm, I don't know that. Of course I'd be happier, but I don't know if that's what I really want for myself.......What I would like is to go far, far away, away from all these crap, and forget I've ever been surrounded by it....but I guess that won't happen.

Quote:I wouldn't be as happy as I am if I hadn't taken my crappy life and changed it. There is no point in getting depressed if it impedes possible action! You might not have a dog or a grandpa anymore (I'm down to one grandma, God bless her), but you have your own life and if happiness is your goal your goal is still attainable.
*sigh* It's not a dog or a grandpa, it's a brother and a father in my values scale. And it's very hard to be happy if you can't share the happiness with your loved ones. And when you feel like you're inside a quicksand, that the harder you fight, the more you sink......that's how I feel right now...I've lost all these years studying this shit, and still can't graduate...Well, I should stop ranting here....

Quote:I know that "poem." It's one of my favorites.
Heh heh. I'm pretty sure it is :D
Quote:Sorry, I was just trying to agree with Reo on something after he sent me a PM telling me to be less argumentative.
....said the one that was telling Unknown he was being smarmy.....And the way you find to agree is ganging up on me? *gives sickle a test swing* Anyway, I accept your apologies. *places sickle over the shoulder Lynx style*