Join our server on Discord

Japanese housing
I tend to think of Captain America as walking, talking propaganda. It's the name.
I'd say I see more superman, but Green latntern is pretty close... well I hardly see any anyways.
Quote:I tend to think of Captain America as walking, talking propaganda. It's the name.
Perhaps, but there was nothing wrong with American propaganda during WWII. All-American hero types didn't start becoming uncool until Vietnam. Then Nixon and Reagan pretty much killed it, and so, The Punisher was born. Wink
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
By nature, there is always something wrong with propaganda.
I think I'll go with Cap's shield. It's simple, a classic, and almost shouts "USA rocks!" from a kid from another country. But the shirt wont be the only thing. I think I'll give him like a few action figures, the a Spiderman videogame and be a Southpark fan.
If anything I'm keeping him a Southpark fan. Having him try to curse in engrish would be funny.

Mako: You...ASKHORE!!

Impmon: It's "ass" "hole". Get it right damn it, you're making us look bad.
[dripping irony]Yes, and have him get into trouble when he finds out that Japan will no longer support Cartman-like racial discrimination.[/dripping irony]
Seriously? That's both surprising and not so surprising at the same time.
Even Chinese and Koreans sometimes get crappy jobs, or none at all, in Japan. Why do you think we are still called "gaijin" - "strange person"(s)?

In fact, Japanese history textbooks still don't fully acknowledge their own imperial role in World War 2!

So yes, the Japanese still are somewhat slightly racist, although they tend to respect actual acheivment to a degree that it can override racism.

In fact, that would be a good character aspect for Mako; he could be an America-lover and internationalist who doesn't believe in any of the racist crap. After all, our society at least tries to make itself non-racist and egalitarian, and despite our failures that's the image that gets exported to small America-loving children in other countries. They later grow up, hear about say... the Vietnam War and become completely disillusioned with our country, but that's life. That's also probably how Wisemon would write Mako over a period of years of story-time, since it leads to the most disillusionment and misery.
Quote:That's also probably how Wisemon would write Mako over a period of years of story-time, since it leads to the most disillusionment and misery.
Disillusionment is part of my style, but don't assume that you know my loyalties. With Gore as president, I could've been one of the proudest of Americans. I was told by the receptionist at the place that replaced my windshield that I looked like "the all-American boy," and I took it as a compliment.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
However, Bush is President, Mako would find out about Vietnam and Iraq, Bush is the Anti-Christ and my original point stands.