Join our server on Discord

I Desperatly Need Filling In.
Is there some sort of map for the Digital World somewhere? I know Izzy brought one up when he showed the network cables outlining the continents. That's right, I've been watching series one. It's jolly fantastic.
The first season is by far my favorite, for a variety of reasons. I'll add in my understanding of a few things.

It's likely that Devimon was a minion of Myotismon, especially if you take into account that his female counterpart, LadyDevimon was also in his employ. He used the power of the Black Gears to control Digimon to fight the DigiDestined, and also to break up File Island, separating the children from each other, because he knew they drew their true strength from each other. Eventually, they all got back together, and Patamon finally digivolved to Angemon and destroyed him, as was foretold in a digital prophecy.

It is at this point that Gennai contacts the DigiDestined for the first time, telling them about the tags and crests and how they can make their Digimon Digivolve ever further. He also implores them to come to Server to fight off the enemies there and uploads a map of the DigiWorld to Izzy's laptop.

I don't know if you know about him, but there's a villain in between Devimon and Myotismon: Etemon. An elvis wannabe monkey kind of creature. He is the team's main adversary while they wander about Server in search of their crests. After a conflict with him, Tai and Koromon end up back in the real world for an hour.

When they finally return, they reunite the team, with their efforts being thwarted constantly by DemiDevimon, one of Myotismon's henchmen. I could be mistaken, but I believe that the Myotismon arc is the longest arc of the season.

The Dark Masters are a group of four Mega level Digimon, the lower three taking control of an aspect of the DigiWorld each. MegaSeadramon ruled the ocean; Puppetmon, the forests; and Machinedramon, the cities. Piedmon was the strongest of all, and as such, was the de facto leader.

After their defeat, Apocalymon makes his appearance. He is the amalgamation of the deleted data of all the Digimon ever deleted. All he feels is emptiness, because that's all he's made of. And since that's all he feels, he wants to destroy existence. He destroys the kids' tags and crests and sends them to a digital limbo, where they finally realize they didn't need the crests at all; the power was within them the whole time.

Up until the end of season 01, there's a time warp between the Digital World and the real one. Izzy says that one minute in the real world is equal to about a day in the DigiWorld. When Apocalymon is destroyed, this time disruption is removed, making the events of season 02 possible.

Nobody knows who or what Gennai is. Maybe he himself doesn't even know. He says he is neither human nor Digimon, as he doesn't have any attacks or attributes (like virus, data, or vaccine, or an elemental or animal type). Anything from that is anyone's guess.
senjuro Wrote:It's likely that Devimon was a minion of Myotismon, especially if you take into account that his female counterpart, LadyDevimon was also in his employ.
Incorrect. Ladydevimon was in Piedmon's service. There was never any hint of a connection between Myotismon, Devimon and Etemon, AFAIK.
Quote:After a conflict with him, Tai and Koromon end up back in the real world for an hour.
It is not just a conflict: it's the final battle against him, with Greymon first evolving to Metalgreymon!
Quote:When they finally return, they reunite the team, with their efforts being thwarted constantly by DemiDevimon, one of Myotismon's henchmen.
And Demidevimon's own efforts covertly countered by Sora in several occasions.
Quote:The Dark Masters are a group of four Mega level Digimon, the lower three taking control of an aspect of the DigiWorld each. MegaSeadramon ruled the ocean; Puppetmon, the forests; and Machinedramon, the cities. Piedmon was the strongest of all, and as such, was the de facto leader.
Actually, they reformatted the entire Digital World into Spiral Mountain, with consisted of three spiralling (Duh!) zones of the mentionned type.
circeus Wrote:Incorrect. Ladydevimon was in Piedmon's service. There was never any hint of a connection between Myotismon, Devimon and Etemon, AFAIK.

My bad...what was i thinking?

Quote:It is not just a conflict: it's the final battle against him, with Greymon first evolving to Metalgreymon!

You're incorrect here. It's not the final battle; Etemon comes back during the Dark Masters arc as MetalEtemon and is finally destroyed by Zudomon.

The other 2 things are less errors on my part and more like omissions of extraneous information. If you want to write a plot synopsis on Digimon season 01, it'd end up being a whole lot longer than most would think.
senjuro Wrote:
Quote:It is not just a conflict: it's the final battle against him, with Greymon first evolving to Metalgreymon!

You're incorrect here. It's not the final battle; Etemon comes back during the Dark Masters arc as MetalEtemon and is finally destroyed by Zudomon.

Good point. The first final battle then. And it's still the end of that story arc.
Thanks, chaps, but what I really want is a map. There's File Island and Server, but what else is there? There must be more than that; I'm wondering if anything's established.
As far as I know, no there hasn't. Unless the Wonderswan games are on a different island.
I don't think anyone's ever done one before. I'll keep a look out for one.
The only map you get to see is the one that you mentioned, where Izzy overlays the real world and the DigiWorlds network connections and they line up. Aside from Server and File Island, we're not really told about anything else, though we can draw several conclusions from the various areas that we see.

We know there are deserts, in fact, quite a few of them. Mountain zones, forests and rainforests, and an arctic region and some tundra too. I guess you can assume that the same topographical regions exist there as in real life, but as for their placement, that's up to anyone's imagination.
The funny part is that there are rather detailed maps for the Digital Worlds in other seasons: http://wiki.digivice.net/index.php?title=Digital_World