Join our server on Discord

I Desperatly Need Filling In.
There is an awesome explanation by Kari in season 2 about how the digital world and realworld cross... once I find the episode I will let you know ! :D besides that I think everyone has done a good job filling you in...
Veemon's Followers
There's a huge leap in style between series one and two. Did they employ a new director or something? The drawing is the same, but the music and scene structure has changed somewhat. Where there'd be an orcheseral battle, it's been replaced with trendy themes. I do like the bits where they enter the digital world; I only wish I could see in on DVD, the quality would be increased greatly. Better frame rate, for a start.

There are other maps, but they are all in those black and white blocks, and seem to be zoomed in on certain areas. So, really, a chap could take as much licence as they needed with that. What's missing in series two, is greater reference within the Digital World to the outside world. As in, no phoneboxes, trams or anything. Just one vending machine. I am, however, ever so glad they've stopped calling the thing Digiworld. It is not a good name.

The Digimon Emperor is very cool, but also very odd in his manner. In Japan he calls himself "Kaizer", and, of course, a Kaizer rules a Reich. In the English version, he says that they can't be the Digidestined because the Digidestined are perfect people. I find it very strange.
Herr Mullen Wrote:There's a huge leap in style between series one and two. Did they employ a new director or something? The drawing is the same, but the music and scene structure has changed somewhat. Where there'd be an orcheseral battle, it's been replaced with trendy themes.

As a matter of fact, no.

Mind elaborating on your battle comment? I'mnot sure I get you tehre. Do you mean the reusing of standard footage? It's hardly unique to 02. Over half the time attacks were made in 01, it was the exact same footage with background or direction changed.
Well there were some things referenenced, but they were not so out of place. They where all places with the proper theme... except for the randomn PCs lying around of course.
circeus Wrote:
Herr Mullen Wrote:There's a huge leap in style between series one and two. Did they employ a new director or something? The drawing is the same, but the music and scene structure has changed somewhat. Where there'd be an orcheseral battle, it's been replaced with trendy themes.

As a matter of fact, no.

Mind elaborating on your battle comment? I'mnot sure I get you tehre. Do you mean the reusing of standard footage? It's hardly unique to 02. Over half the time attacks were made in 01, it was the exact same footage with background or direction changed.

There were lots of classical based themes in the battles in series one, until they started using Hey Digimon, whilst the themes in series two seem more electric guitar based. It used to be trumpets and strings.
The music throughout seasons 1 and 2 is very much the same. There is some new music, but for the most part is the same. It's of surprisingly high quality as well, both from compositional and performance stand points. It captures drama (muted trumpets with low brass), light hearted moments (bassoon, glockenspiel, upper woodwinds, and pizzicato strings), conflict and battle (low brass, strings, timpani, generally grand orchestral gestures), and just plain old incidental music that you barely notice. Music is playing almost continually throught the show. I find it quite soothing.

Anyway, the music you heard in season 2 during those battles were the same sort of fare as "Hey Digimon" you started hearing in season 1 when the kids' Digimon started reaching their Ultimate levels. It's just a change from the orchestral music that's most often.

But when it all comes down to it, the music is largely the same sort of orchestral fare throughout. Such a refreshment when you hear the crap they play in the background of north american TV.