Join our server on Discord

origins of the Digital World
I know it's convenient and necessary, but HOW do they learn the language when the native language of the Digital World always seems to be various dialects of Japanese?
am i the only one who has thought the digital world is real, and that humans have unwhittingly created an alternate plane of existance and even if all the computers died it would still be there....maybe i shouldnt have watched serial experiments lain. ^^;
Maybe I should watch Serial Experiments Lain. Anything with that kind of insanity-causing power must be good for me.

No, there is only one plane of existence (unfortunately) and we're sitting on it.
cool, my ass is its own plane of existance.
XD
Heh Heh Heh Remember, reality (or existance) is what you make of it.
Re: language

Mathematics is the universal language. If the Digimon and the Digidestined are co-existing in a purely digital space, then their every action and communication would simply deal with data and not the movement of actual matter or the transfer of actual energy. So really, maybe the Digital World is not really a physical space, but a state of mind, and one that allows them to freely communicate ideas through numbers, which are subconsciously translated into Japanese, English, Digimonspeak, etc. as the individual sees fit.

I don't know. Roll that around in your head for a while.

Anyway, thanks for the refresher course in Digital World history. I forget that Tamers really existed outside of the universe of the first two seasons (I have no idea how Frontier relates to either of them).

I will read that Tamers site. It looks really interesting and I've never seen it before.
Well have fun, it's really very interesting.
milleniumenjimon Wrote:
Harie Wrote:That sounds plausible. The origin is rather mysterious since some of the digimon media isn't connected to the others, and video games aren't always taken as cannon.

Actually they showed a part of the games in Adventure (02) with Ken pushing Ryou out of the spore attack, and the Tamer's director/creator had comfirmed that it is the same Ryou from the Tag Tamers game so I guess it is canon, and I had forgotten about Shimbumi's involvement.

I know, and I was speaking in general terms. It still doesn't make much sense how Ryo exists in both worlds.

As far as I'm concerned, it is all data even language. With adventure, the first chosen children where scanned, and that data was used for their digimon. Second season is a little iffy though still plossible. Third season, unkown really, for all we know they may only be able to speak the language the game was realsed for.
UnknownH Wrote:Heh Heh Heh Remember, reality (or existance) is what you make of it.

*wags tail* so i can save my best friend from dieing a horrible death due to a rare blood desiase!??!!....yeah, life kinda sucks right now. v.v