Join our server on Discord

origins of the Digital World
So, do I understand this correctly?

The Digital World is a kind of cyber-space, existing within the Internet somehow, and not existing until the Internet was created.

If that's true, does it change and grow depending on how the World Wide Web changes and grows?
corsair Wrote:So, do I understand this correctly?

The Digital World is a kind of cyber-space, existing within the Internet somehow, and not existing until the Internet was created.

If that's true, does it change and grow depending on how the World Wide Web changes and grows?

... Kind of, it is really confusing but hang with me here.

In the beginning the first computer Envac(SP?) along with it shadow computer was created and so was the digital space, but as time and computers went on the creation of digital matter grew and creatures were born. How did this devolope over such a short time is unknown but could be caused by Millenimumon's time mucking but that is elreverate(SP?) now as it is stated that the Digital world is a mix of dreams and data and from this the digital monsters are formed, and from their birth come death and the Dark/evil/black ocean/world which evil digimon are sent by Anibumon (sometimes spelt anibusmon) after judgement.

And somewhere along the line the "order" was founded and Chosen Childern would be created, we just don't know how or when.

Of course this is the Adventure/Brave Tamer world, the Tamers is different.

During the 1980's the Wild Bunch were trying to create artifical life called Digimon but just as things were going the project was pulled and everything was forgotten. But the creations thrived by the data being thrown into their sub-space and grown.
Yeah I think that's how it went.
That sounds plausible. The origin is rather mysterious since some of the digimon media isn't connected to the others, and video games aren't always taken as cannon.
Actually, there's more to the Tamers world. After the project was shut down Shibumi continued to work on the project, in addition to distributing the Digimon source code in "open source" fashion around the net. After a while Shibumi invented the Blue Card code for evolution, which worked well enough to evolve Digimon to their "present day" state when combined with the open source Digimon code that had been propogating.

Shibumi is also pictured as being an uber-hacker on the grade of Linus Torvalds.
Yeah he is the uber hacker of the group. That's why he showed up in the digiworld.
Anyone ever figure out how Digimon are able to speak every human language, depending on who they're with?
Harie Wrote:That sounds plausible. The origin is rather mysterious since some of the digimon media isn't connected to the others, and video games aren't always taken as cannon.

Actually they showed a part of the games in Adventure (02) with Ken pushing Ryou out of the spore attack, and the Tamer's director/creator had comfirmed that it is the same Ryou from the Tag Tamers game so I guess it is canon, and I had forgotten about Shimbumi's involvement.
My only idea is that they are born with it. The chosen children are chosen after all. That and digimon are rather attentitive to their partners.
Well it's pretty obvious that they would have to speak the language of their choosen. How else would they work together.