Join our server on Discord

A final farewell for my best friend
Well, it finally got me. Right now I'm waiting for the result of my exams. I either got hepatitis or gastroenteritis. Seems my defenses were so destroyed that whatever got close to me sickened me. *sigh* Tried to be better, to keep a good mood, but this got me. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday's afternoon, I have fever, vomits, diarrhea and I feel totally weak....
Poor you, you're having such a rough go of it...

Make sure you drink lots of water and get lots of bedrest. Both of those illnesses are totally treatable, so don't get too worked up over being sick. Yeah ok, it's a set back, but think of it as time that you can spend relaxing, doing things that you love and taking some personal time for yourself. It's a shame that people are so busy that the only time they get for themselves is when they're sick, but the world is a crazy place...

Anyway Zephyr, I really hope you feel better soon. Let your family and friends take care of you and just convalesce for a while. You really need it.

With concern and hugs,
-senjuro
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Well, it finally got me. Right now I'm waiting for the result of my exams. I either got hepatitis or gastroenteritis. Seems my defenses were so destroyed that whatever got close to me sickened me. *sigh* Tried to be better, to keep a good mood, but this got me. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday's afternoon, I have fever, vomits, diarrhea and I feel totally weak....

Get better soon! Senjuro's right, you should drink a lot and get lots of bedrest. Also, listen to your doctor (duh!). Most of all, though, try to relax and get over your dog. It sounds like the stress really weakened your immune system and if you don't do something about it then you'll probably still have psychosomatic pain or something after you get over this. I know it's hard to let go of something (I'm tempted to write someone.) you loved so much, but that pain is hurting you in more ways than one it would seem.
I told you I thought it was gastroenteritis because that sound most beliveable but you know I want you to get better. And don't worry, things should get better after you do.
Thank you guys! Well, the echography showed everything normal, and the fever and the other sympthoms have gone. The doctor said it was a gastro-entero-colitis and gave me a sick person diet (can't practically eat anything). The only thing that bothers me is a persistent pain in the right side of my stomach that makes me yell if I touch it...and that I'm extremely weak (I've lost 5 1/2 kgs even since this started--almost 10% of my weight--and I was in my right weight. I'm looking more like a corpse than a living being....). Now I'm back from having blood extracted (I was ordered so many exams that the extractionist asked me if I was going to a surgery).
But very unfortunately, I can't rest. I have an exam next Friday and some stupid monography to do with my stupid classmates (that I mailed last Monday and didn't mail me back).
And senjuro...you know what they say. You can rest when you're dead.
But then again....thank you for your concern. I'm glad to have friends like you.
WTF!?! You're expected to keep going through school after all that? You're made of tougher stuff that I. I don't stay home every time I have a sniffly nose, but I don't head out into the world when I feel they way you've described. For your own good, talk to one of your teachers about making up the work elsewhere. You need to rest!
You see, I knew you didn't have hepititus. Now I really do hope you get better Zeph.
Well, the one nice thing about working around sick people all the time, though you might pick up a lot of diseases at first, eventually, you'll build an incredible immunity. My dad's a doctor, and he hardly ever gets sick. When he does, it's just a weak little cold with no fever. The same is true for me, two years since my last fever, but I attribute that to eating lots of vegetables. :)
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yeah, I just came back from it. And failed. Again. This was my last chance so I'll have to take the course again next year. The professor offered to give me a summer work in another hospital to see if I can learn as a free student and then do the final exam as a free student as well. *sigh* I think that's better than having to do another year, at least....
Yeah, I AM made out of strong stuff...If I start to count all the disgraces I've been through the last 10 years, sums up to more than many people have during all their lives....

Oh yeah, the Univ I go to is the best by far in my country, so it's basically merciless. No matter what you have, you have only 2 or 3 exam dates, depending of the subject. And once you surpass the 20% of classes you don't go, you automatically lose the subject too.

*sits back and sighs* But this has taught me something....We thought so many great things about my dog.....we at least thought he was going to live so long cuz of the way we treated him....and damn fate made such a cruel joke on us.....Really, I really should stop worrying so much about things........after all, fate does whatever it wants with us....You're going wherever you're going, and can't do anything about it......

Quote:Well, the one nice thing about working around sick people all the time, though you might pick up a lot of diseases at first, eventually, you'll build an incredible immunity.
<.<
*screws up a paper and throws it at Wise*
What does that have to do with anything?!
While this may not make any difference I'll say it anyway,
"In everyone's life a little rain must fall."