Join our server on Discord

A final farewell for my best friend
This is the ultimate rant. This beats all the other pains/ angers/ hatreds we could have felt.

A few months after my grandfather died, all in my family were depressed to death, so my mother brought him home to keep her company. He was a small thing that fitted in her hand, but soon grew into a fine adult that had a strong personality. We loved him dearly and he loved us back. When I came home late at night, he always waited for me and greeted me wagging his tail. He was the only one that really LOVED me. I had more that loved me, but their love was mixed with anger, interests and domination. He was the only whose love was pure. We took care of him as best as we could. He was not my blood, but for me he was my little brother, and he was like a son to my mother, too. We lived seven happy years together.
Two weeks ago, he started to eat less and less. Sometimes he does that, so we took no bigger care. The vet said he needed some studies,but he felt rather good belatedly, so we didn't really bother. Last Saturday, he stopped eating completely. We offered him all the food he went crazy for, to no success. Rapidly he started losing weight and getting weaker. We asked 2 vets this time, that kept giving him stuff he vomitted. Belatedly, he even vomitted the water. Last night, he starting vomitting lots of blood, so we called to 2 clinics that supposedly were open during 24 hours, unsuccessfully. Early in the morning, we called that asshole vet back when he was already in a shallow coma. He applied some shock treatment to him, but didn't survive it. Soon he gasped desperately and then stopped breathing. His tongue was a light purple as he pined away in my mother's arms.
I know everything in this world has to die, and that I'm not immortal either,but why?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did he have to die now, being only 7, that's about the half of the lifespan that dogs usually have?! (my previous dogs lived about 15). We took such a good care of him, and offered him all the commodities we could (which is one reason I have pretty few regrets, cuz I tried making him as happy as I could), so why did he have to die so young?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I've seen dogs that nobody gives a damn about, and also stray dogs, that live for so much than him. I'm devastated, so my mother.
.......I will still love him, and I'll always admire his strength, his beauty, his courage, his strong personality. I'll always be grateful to have shared seven years of my existance with sb so lovable. But I'll also feel very lonely when I'll go home this night and he won't be there to greet me anymore, knowing that I'll never see him again. Never, never, never again........
.......you know, when my grandpa died, I was mad at God not only for taking him away, but also for all that he suffered (he was more than a month in agony). But after all this time, I wanted to be friends with God again, but I doubt he wants to be friend with me....What costed Him to leave my doggy with us a few years longer?!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell costed Him?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zephyr, you're hit pretty damned hard by this... :cry:

There isn't really much that can be said. What was his name?
I know you're increadibly upset and I know I haven't been a big help with you grieving but just know I do feel bad that he died so suddenly. It truly is horrible that he died.
This is where the wiseass comment would usually go, but like you said, nothing to joke about. I've personally never had a pet, too allergic, but losing him has to hurt.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I know how you feel. We had a dog that lived to be 15 before finally passng away. Then we had a cat for about 7 or 8 years I think. Then, oneday, my step dad was moving one of the cars and didn't know she was under there. And even when they were ever under there, they always moved when the cars would be started up. I'm not really much of a cat person, but I loved this cat more than anything. I had found her when she was just a little kitten in I think Tennessee(sp?) when I was little. She poked her head out from behind this gas station building. Then we took her home and took good care of her. But on that day, she didn't move out from under the car. He backed up and went over her. She ran to the side of the garage and collapsed there. She died no more than a minute later. I still have one of her daughter kittens and my step sister has one of the son kittens still and they're both taken care of as well as we can. The cat that we have is now about 4 or 5 I think and the other one is about a year younger, being from the second litter. But yea, I know how you feel.
Well this should help you a little. Since some others have had pets and will know what you mean more then me.
Yeah, loosing a pet is tough because they are like a family member. The worst thing I've done is accidently crush the head of my gerbil... and it was a very nice gerbil too... Not bloody just enough for it to live a little longer then die.

Other then that some things are a mystery in life. The best general answer I can give is that you can ask God himself personally... in due time.
*sigh* First, thank you all so much for caring for me... I know a lot of people that wouldn't mind that (I told the professor I had at class that a "cousin" of mine had died so I wanted to leave--I had to go cuz it was the only day I had to submit a monography) But for many a dog that dies is like it means nothing. I have a small family (I actually have a large one but they're all assholes. For me my family was my grandparents, my mother and him. Now I only have my mother--God knows for how much more)
I spent his last night at home with him. I was gonna sleep in my bed, but in the middle of the night I awoke and slumbered at his side until the morning.
Yesterday morning my mother went to bury him. We have only a backyard with no grass, so we couldn't do it at home. Instead, my Godmother (another asshole often, but my mother is fond of her) offered her yard in her holidays house. I was there once, and it's a broad place with lots of trees and plants, a beautiful and quiet place with dignity for burying sb. I was gonna go, but finally decided not. My mother convinced me that I should remind him like he was and not having memories of his burial. She was going with my Godmother, so I thought it was allright. She said that while in the car, my Godmother and the driver said 'That's not a dead dog you have there. He's like a gorgeous dolly. He looks like he's sleeping.'(my mother carried him enveloped in a towel with his face out of it) . She and my mother buried him. They spent some time together in the house and when my mother was about to leave, a stray dog came to her. A scrawny, mangy stray dog. He kept staring at them and my Godmother told him 'Don't worry. You'll have food tomorrow'. That moment, my mother realized sth. Our doggy hasn't spent a single day under those conditions. He had never experienced cold, heat, hunger, thirst, loneliness, mistreat, miser in a word. All the opposite, you could say he was a privileged dog. He ate like a person, always good food and we gave him some of ours if he wanted, had always 2 containers with fresh water to drink off, we always made sure he wasn't hot or cold, he had a mattress to sleep (never could give him sheets or pillows cuz he ate them), we praised him everyday (not like other dogs that only get praised when puppies), always there when he seeked attention, never hit him (except once I did when he was little and liked to hunt birds :roll: ), had all the love one could have asked for, played with him everyday, and sth that few dogs had, we always let him be as he was and never had his will broke or make him perform pathetic antics to entertain us. As for him, he was everything you could ask for too: beautiful (he looked like a lion with a Persian cat's face more than a dog), smart, loving, courageous, dignified, polite and delicate with us (I always remember that if you told him 'Get outta here! Shoo!' he wouldn't move, but if you asked him 'Excuse me' he would get up and leave-- more polite than many people), and with lots of personality. When she came home and told me that, I said 'That was a sign that God sent you. God has given us life and has the right to take it away too, I guess.' She said 'That dog would only wish he lived one day like ours did all his life' Belatedly, I remembered the question: How would you like to live? 50 years as a Caucasian or 100 years as a black? Or like I said: What do you prefer? To go 1 day of holidays in a limousine to the Sheraton hotel, or 15 days in a cracking down car to the Chascom
Wow. Well now I understand more then I did before. He really did mean a lot to you and you really did love him a lot. It really is sad that he died.
I'm sorry about your pets too...Unfortunately, he didn't have children. Anyway, his children wouldn't be him....
Having regrets about a pet's death must be terrible....Guys, you probably have a heavier load than me....
Oh yeah, his name was Liu. He was a Pekinese so we gave him a Chinese name.