Join our server on Discord

Poll: America's war on terrorism
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
good
25.00%
3 25.00%
bad
58.33%
7 58.33%
other. (explain)
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

War?
accually i planing to become a senator (imagein that :roll: ) and, i hope, president.
Veemon's Followers
Ha, I hope your morals aren't important to you. There's no such thing as an honest politician in this world, even in fiction.
In fiction there can be, but nobody seems to think it would be interesting enough to write about.

The real trouble with our government is that we still seem to be running a Representative Republic when we should be in a Direct Democracy. By now we have the freaking technology that everyone who wants to can vote on each and every issue. All we have to do is decompose political issues to be as local as possible, and put things to a vote. IT CAN BE DONE.
Anonmon Wrote:In fiction there can be, but nobody seems to think it would be interesting enough to write about.

Actualy I once wrote a play about a British Prime Minister set several centuries in the future. China and America are on the brink of war, and Britian wants to side with America. The Prime Minister betrays the manifesto he used to win the election, and seeks to repair the third world insted. He takes a trip out there, to Africa, and discusses with his Canellor and Deputy Prime Minister the progress of tecnology (i.e. that they're still using LDVs [the next thing up from a DVD] and petrol engines, but their nuclear arms and chemical weapons have become advanced well beond their time) and then the Deputy is assisinated. The news is reported as a Chinese assaination, when the Prime Minister actualy knows it was perpitrated by the US. When he takes a trip to America, he breaks up a beating of a gay black man, who a collection of men are beating up. The President (who he was driving with at the time) calms him down, but lets the beating continue. In the end, he has the PM shot and both the US and China ally and attack Britian, which the PM had just declaired nutural and decommisioned the armed forces. I then submitted the peice to a children's story competition on the radio as a joke.

Also, I wouldn't say that the lives lost in the American Revolution would be lost and devalued, as the were devalued long ago, both when they kicked that chap who actually sparked the idea of total independance from The Empire with that leaflet and when the consition was first amended. America is a compromisation of its ideals.