Join our server on Discord

Gamer adrift in a sea of disinterest
I don't care for wrestling games since I never watch it. Fighting games keep me happy. And that is the first time I've heard of Captain Tsubasa videogames... but it still doesn't strike my fancy too much.

My younger brother played some of Megaman soccer. That's about as interesting as it sounds.
Yeah that truly was a bad idea.
Well, Captain Tsubasa is better for CT crazed fans, but if you choose the right game, it's really cool.
First, you always start a game with a story (about football, of course). Then before you start the game, you're offered, together with the options, info about the team and the players you're going to face. As you start the game, the rivals will appear and talk to you (a typical CT dialogue: 'I'm going to beat you to a pulp!' 'X, we're friends, but now we're enemies!') Once you get to play, then you can run freely until you want to stop or you meet enemies. Then you'll be asked what do you want to do. And here comes the special: each player has special shoots, passes, dribbles, combinations that look like the special attacks and magics from the RPGs. During the match, the players talk a lot, either encouraging each other, mocking at the enemies, remembering things, planning stuff, etc.

*sigh* I had really good times with it, in the NES and SNES. The PSX ones suck, though.
Hmm that sounds interesting. Is it in english?
The ones I played were all in Japanese.
Oh ok then.
My brother rented The Sims 2 for PS2 today...

I'm a big fan of The Sims. Like many others I've whiled away hours addicted to the open ended game play and the almost god-like power this franchise gives you. But this latest iteration? Frankly I don't think there's a curse word loud, long or nasty enough to express how I feel about this bastardization of one of my favorite games.

When I loaded it up and went into character creation instead of being able to make my own sim from scratch you
... yeah, I guess going from PC to console sucks pretty hard.
"The Sims" was never really meant to play on a console.
I enjoyed Busting Out so I figured that with The Sims 2's aspiration goals it'd be at least passable on the consoles but really it just felt like they wiped their asses with the original code and then put it in pretty new shrink wrap to fool consumers.

And so my policy of renting all games before buying is reenforced once again.