Join our server on Discord

Gamer adrift in a sea of disinterest
Lately I
Sorry but no, I can't relate. I look for game reviews and if it's good and it's a game that's in my favor I buy it. Nintendo lately has lost touch completely, I'm abandoning it entirely for Playstation 3 and XBox 360. I'm also anticipating PC games such as Star Wars Empire at War coming out next year. But I am however a loner like you since sadly I have not a single friend in the world to play games with. Spending the extra dough for online play on the consoles to me is a waste.

Playing with strangers is just wierd to me. And I do agree that many people who are assholes just aren't worth dealing with. Probably why I stopped playing Battlefield 2. Hopefully when the Xbox 360 version comes out with a story driven single player mode I'll get back into it. I hate sports games because you can go out into your backyard and play sports. You can't go out into your backyard and shoot a bunch of enemy soldiers to gain some sort of secret document now can you? I still have plenty of fun with games though. My last one is Killzone for PS2 which I still have to beat. Quite fun by the way.
I can sorta relate in that ever since dissapointment of halo 2 things have been kinda down hill. However since i don't have the same tastes (i like everything but sports games) there have been some decent games every now and again. Such as Psychonauts, TS3, and Jade Empire.

As for the PC i'd recommend because there more games for it than any other system. Its the most versatile in that there is no age limit to older games, you can do other things on it, and you can build your own creating a reflection of your own personality, or a super gamming computer. You know which ever you prefer. It also has online gamming for no extra cost, for most games. In other words PC rulz
No I don't really have that problem, I have nintendo and they have some good games on the system.
Older games are almost always better. Jumping on mushrooms who hurt you from the side but not below? Collecting rings and bouncing on strangely placed springs? Hell yeah. Games these days are so obsessed with making money and they have the resources (both in the abilities of the devices and the money behind them) to put zero thought into a new game and hide that fact in shiny graphics and other features.

Here's my list of wingames:
zsnes: a SNES emulator. There's lots of other emulators too, just google "emulator ". To get ROMs you can look around google (try "abandonware") or the filesharing nets (Direct Connect has a copy of a torrent of every NES ROM ever floating around; could probably find it on Torrent sites if you tried hard enough)
Marshmellow Duel - a NES game I think. Google it, you can probably find ROMs
Dink Smallwood - An RPG made by fellow geeks complete with stupid (and funny!) humour and pixellated graphics. It was the most fun I've ever had in an RPG. It also comes with a level editor and you can download other people's levels to play new games once you finish the default one.
Super Smash Brothers on N64
Starfox on N64
SFCave - you've probably seen clones of this, but it _is_ the original, this guy actually came up with a new game (and what's more, the first ever release was for PalmOS!). You have a ribbon and you are in a cave. You have to avoid obstacles coming at you. Holding the button goes up, letting go goes down. Oh, and the cave shrinks. Is win.

(and to respond to the question: no I don't have the problem because I don't game. I hack my Palm and play with sounds for amusement)
And that's why nintendo and sega are best.
Have you played Lego Star Wars yet? It's not the most thrilling game, but it's really cute.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Played the demo on an OXM disc. Seemed like a nice way to while away a few mindless hours but I haven't gotten around to renting it yet. The last few times I've been to the place I buy/rent stuff I've just ended up picking up mangas instead.

Finally finished Love Hina, moved on to Chobits. Mmmm Chi. :D
Yeah it's lego star wars. You can play as anyone from the first three games. anyone Plus you can kill jar-jar which may have sold the idea to everyone else. heh heh
I never got why so many people hate Jar Jar. Or said he ruined the movie for that matter. His character was written that way on purpose. Besides I don't think he's any more irritating than C3PO. ...Actually I think he's less irritating than 3PO.