Join our server on Discord

No strong link between violent video games and aggression?
As we can obviously see by our friend gammaman.
Quote:true, tho i beleve there is a connection to music
Well, they say that Limp Bizkit's performance of "Break Stuff" at Woodstock '99 started a series of rapes. I don't know about that. When Durst said, "Gimme something to break," I don't think he meant hymens. Twisted
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Now why would it do that? Were everyone too drunk and/or high when that might have happend? That's just weird.
WHO's the violent one?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've played videogames ALL MY LIFE and I never was violent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's the $%&%%&% who said that?!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!! *stares around with a bleeding sickle in her hand and a bloodthirsty look*
Oh yeah you're not violent you're perfectly fine. *smirk*
And you like that. Twisted
*looks at sickle* :shock: ummm i think i'll leave before i get hurt or something. i seem to be zephyr's favorite chew toy. *heads to the back door*
Veemon's Followers
From my point of view anyone who says video games lead to aggression has their cause and effect backward. Usually if I've had a really shitty day I'll go and pop in a fighting game to beat the crap out of a character that irritates me so I don't go off on someone in real life. An ounce of prevention and whatnot.
people with a strong and stable psyche will have no agresion after a violent game becouse they can tell apart the realiti and a game, but if you are too emotional and you dont have such a stable psyche the game can and will efect your realiti. There have bean a lot of reports of teens shooting ther classmates becouse they played a game
There was one family that I read about that tried to sue Rockstar right after I think 3 or VC came out because their dumbass kids felt like taking the dad's shotguns and going out on an overpass and shoot at cars. And they were not 8 and 7, they were I think 14 and 12, been a while since I've read it. Two things wrong with this that I can see right now. 1) It's the parents' fault for having guns where their retards of kids could get them, and 2) the kids didn't act like they knew shit from yogurt, or something like that. Seriously, most teens aren't gonna say, "hm... this game is cool, let's try it in rl!" Yea, we're all gonna take our dad's shotguns and shoot at cars. They unjured about 2 people and killed a pregnant woman. Rockstar was not responsible for that. It's the dumbass parents' and the retard kids'. That whole family needs to be bitch slapped.

EDIT: Final summation? Violent video games only effect retard kids that need to be shot themselves.