Join our server on Discord

No strong link between violent video games and aggression?
Of course not. We all know that but know there's proof. http://www.physorg.com/news5758.html
True it only deals with online games but we all know it's true with every other game.
Like you said, we all know there's no link between video games and real violence. Every non-fixed study says so.
true, tho i beleve there is a connection to music
Veemon's Followers
Honestly, that's bull crap. It only works on the stupid/people with a mental problem. And we don't need this morons that hate video games need it.
There was an Electronic Gaming Monthly issue that had two distinguished people argue it out. I'm too lazy to pull it out and quote stuff from it, but that's how recent the argument gets to me.

Forget a direct corelation- video games are based on the real thing, but it's hard to say the converse is true because there are other variables to include. But it's tempting to physically realize embedded bits that can be picked up from experiences such as video games. Give it a huge dash of boredom and mischief, and voila! Blame video games! Weee!
Basically video games are just our generation's scapegoat. Most of our parents could tell us the BS that rock 'n roll got. Everything from imagined satanic messages if you played it backward to the "these lyrics are a menace to decency and our children!" mentality that the PMRC brought us in the mid 80's.

It'll blow over. With a few compromises, mostly from the gamer community. We already have to deal with the ESRB which I think works more in theory than practice since we still have idiot parents yelling "I didn't know!" As if they have absolutely no control over what their kids do. That in and of itself is just a bullshit cop out from people who won't take the time to make sure their kids know what is acceptable in their household and/or enforce those rules. If they don't want their kids buying certain games they shouldn't just fork over the money and figure that's the end of their part of the process in it.

So of course in the meantime we have to sit and grind our teeth as blowhard lawyers and politicians use our games to further their own carriers by ignoring all the facts of the matter in favor of their imagined devils in the shadows. It's nothing new, and mark my words in another 20 or 30 years it'll happen again with whatever our kids use for entertainment. Some of us we'll be reacting just like the asses we hate right now while others will be saying "go play that in you room...and put on headphones, I'm sick of hearing those people scream as you mutilate them!"
Yeah there you go striker that's it. But I'm sure we all hope not to turn out like that. heh heh
GAMMAMAN: Of course there is no link between vidio games and violence.
???: He's wrong you know
GAMMAMAN: Who the f**k are you?
???: Me........ me I am lets say your good angel. But you can call me BOB.
GAMMAMAN: BOB?
BOB: Yes BOB.
GAMMAMAN: Oooooookkkaayyy BOB. Now back to what I was saying before I was so rudely interupted there is no link between vidio games and violence.
???2: Yer you tell him Gammaman my man.
GAMMAMAN: HOLD ON WHO THE F**K ARE YOU. Wait let me guess the little horns, red cape, big fork, red tail and red skin scream to me my little devil. Am I right or am I right.
???2: No I am not your little devil I was the popes but that f**ker gave me the boot when he gave his vows. (Lights a fat spliff) And if you ever reffer to me as "MY LITTLE DEVIL" again like I am some f**king toy componies sh*t attempet to stuff one more plastic piece of junk down our throats then I will out your jugular and f**k the bloody hole while you die. Oh yer call me FRANK.
GAMMAMAN: Oookkaaayy sooorrryyyyy FRANK(bolws smoke in my face). Can I continue now?
BOB: Yes please do.
FRANK: Yer what ever.
GAMMAMAN: Thank you both so f**king much....
FRANK: HEY STOP THAT THIS IS AN ADULT SITE.
GAMMAMAN: Stop what?
FRANK: Not you that goodie two wings angel HE KEEPS ON CENSORING EVERY TIME YOU SAY F**K OR SWEAR.
GAMMAMAN: Oh my g*d your...... wait one minuteyou censored god..... but you didn't that time.
BOB: The first time the lords name was used in vain the second time it was not.
FRANK: Try this no for size (takes a deep breath) YOUF**KINGC*CKS*CKINGA*ALCRACKLICKINGR*IMJAWRER. (Gasping for breath) D*mn he is good.
GAMMAMAN: Yer but can he dodge a point blank shot to the head.
BOB: Wait what are you doing.
FRANK: Yer I'm the bad one.
GAMMAMAN: No one BUT NO ONE CENSORES ME. (I pull the trigger and the angel explodes in a spray of white cloth, blood and feathers)
FRANK: Holy fuck that was so cooooool man.
GAMMAMAN: So as I was saying it is not the contents games that cause violence it is the fuck cenorship that pisses us off.
So, does that happen often then?
bye BOB. we will always hate you (but don't you dare ressurect or i will kill you myself) ya violence is unrealted to vgs
Veemon's Followers