Join our server on Discord

Of Course You Know This Means War
Quote:Well, nothing from our government, but I have nothing against all of the private contributions that Bush Sr. and Clinton cajoled.

Now that I semi-agree with. I really doubt even half the privately raised money makes it to where it's supposed to. Some goes to pay the people putting in time to raise the money in the first place and much more lines the pockets of people skimming off the top.

Quote:Cyber Stryker, has it ever occurred to you that we can't solve al of the world's problems?

Killing Saddam Hussain would no matter how you do it would create a huge power vacuum. Civil war, just like what is happening now. It's not as simple as killing the evil dictator.

Not only that, but the problems that we don't have an answer to get ignored. Take Sudanese genocide. There was no good solution to that. We would have fucked it up if we did anything, and it would have been a mess, just like Kosovo. So, we ignored it. And now that it's all over, we shake our heads and go "Never again". It will always happen again. And it's not nearly as simple as good people doing nothing. People who are genocidal, who are so fanatical in their beliefs that they will kill for them will always exist. And stopping people like that all together is never an option.

You're putting words into my mouth again. I never said we could solve every problem nor would I want to. Various problems lead to advances in science and technology and often to personal growth for the people involved. Besides, usually when you solve one problem a dozen more take their place.

And I never said they should have outright killed Hussein, I said "take him out" and what I meant was out of power one way or another. If they killed him it would have made him a martyr and that never helps since it would have made the undecided rally to the side that says 'let's kill everyone who doesn't agree with us.'

I know stopping fanatics altogether is impossible but if even one or two are arrested or even killed before they can hurt a multitude of other people that's at least a small victory.

And how did we start talking about this anyway? This was just supposed to be about video games that I found offensive.
Most of the WW2 games and such are there to help teach younger generations of what happened
Quote:And I never said they should have outright killed Hussein, I said "take him out" and what I meant was out of power one way or another. If they killed him it would have made him a martyr and that never helps since it would have made the undecided rally to the side that says 'let's kill everyone who doesn't agree with us.'

It would have the same result.

Quote:I know stopping fanatics altogether is impossible but if even one or two are arrested or even killed before they can hurt a multitude of other people that's at least a small victory.

And it creates 10 more fanatics in the process.
You know I'm sick of arguing about this. The horse is dead, the turnips/rocks won't bleed and we haven't done anything but piss each other off, let's move on with our lives.
Ain't it like any other debate on the internet?
Yeah one person's an ass and the other person makes more sense.
Just like every other internet arguement.
I must be an ass for disagreeing :roll:
No you're an ass because you're acting like an ass. Simple as that.
That's idiotic logic. "You're stupid because you're stupid" It doesn't make any sense.

Like Wisemon said, I must be part of the "dark side" for seeing things differently.
No it isn't it works because if you're acting like an ass then you are currently an ass. Simple as that.