Join our server on Discord

Of Course You Know This Means War
Ok, let's get more recent. I recently purchased a game called Hearts Of Iron !!. You control any major country that was around during WWII (and some others, like Poland, or Sweden ete.) and try to tkaeover the world. You shaughter people in the millions with hostile war against people who most likely did nothing to you (this is especially fun as Germany, taking over Checkoslovakia, Romania, France ete.). Now, admittedly, most of your time is spent on research, economy and diplomacy, but there is a lot of chances for war (and, no, taking over Poland is not so easy as is made out to be)
I don't mind the WWII games as much as any Vietnam game. WWII was probably the most necessary American involvement of any war on foreign land, but Vietnam was a disgrace, especially because we lost. I also don't like the idea of "Operation: Iraqi Freedom" games, the new Vietnam.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't think that Iraq will turn into another Vietnam. For one thing, we had an actual government in South Vietnam, with this we have nothing. We're not even facing another country. Most likely Iraq will be thrown into Civil War, the theocratic Shiites will be dominant, and it will be a repressive theocracy which counter-insurgants fight a bloody war against the resistance and there are horrible atrocities on both sides. Sort of like El Salvador.

And Vietnam is no more bad than WWII as far as touching people. People talk of how the horrors of Vietnam scarred veterens, same for WWII.
Quote:I don't think that Iraq will turn into another Vietnam. For one thing, we had an actual government in South Vietnam, with this we have nothing. We're not even facing another country. Most likely Iraq will be thrown into Civil War, the theocratic Shiites will be dominant, and it will be a repressive theocracy which counter-insurgants fight a bloody war against the resistance and there are horrible atrocities on both sides. Sort of like El Salvador.
Fine, then "Vietnam" was a euphemism.

Quote:And Vietnam is no more bad than WWII as far as touching people. People talk of how the horrors of Vietnam scarred veterens, same for WWII.
People die in war; it's a given. Whether or not a war is "bad" depends on what they die for.
I know that you saw me.
WWII scarred veterens jst the same as Vietnam. What makes Vietnam more important?
Quote:WWII scarred veterens jst the same as Vietnam. What makes Vietnam more important?
I didn't say Vietnam was more important; I said that the deaths were in vain.

Quote:(and, no, taking over Poland is not so easy as is made out to be)
I don't know how I missed this last time, and I know I've said this before, but man, you're such an asshole.
I know that you saw me.
I saw that while reading the post. That's supposed to be a dumb pollish joke isn't it? (where'd those ever start anyway?)
No, that's admiration for Hitler.
I know that you saw me.
Actually it wasn't. Poland just had a bad geography problem. Their economy was strong and in a less imperialistic time they certainly could've been prosperous. Also, they didn't charge at tanks with lances (it was first reported in an Italian newspaper)

It really wasn't the weak country everyone makes it out to be. Actually, in the game they're harder to take over than France (a country which is also not weak, though would've done a lot better if it had a more professional army).

Really, I think America and Britian get too much credit in Europe.

Quote:No, that's admiration for Hitler

A lasiazz-faire isolationist small government advocate must love the fascist imperialist.

Really, I thought you could be more mature about our political differeneces. I don't call you Hitler for your regulations on the market, because none of us really like Hitler.

Videogames are videogames, they don't carry over into the real world. Peace doesn't make for good gaming.
Quote:A lasiazz-faire isolationist small government advocate must love the fascist imperialist.
Well, when you put it that way, anybody who believes what you believe admires Hitler in some way, which still makes it as detestable as it sounds.
I know that you saw me.