Join our server on Discord

Of Course You Know This Means War
I'm all for humanization and liberty for all, but the fact is that people without a sufficient degree of intelligence are easy prey to tyranny and are hard to convince in favor of liberty. Thus yeah, stupid people (The TRULY stupid) should go into the army (PLEASE of their own free will) and get themselves killed, or better yet drive drunk.
I'm not alone in thinking they need to stop with the WWII games. Anyone who has to review them hates them.
I never liked FPS games I like real games, that's probally why I have a gamecube.
Anyway, I do know this joke about if they make games about the war on terror and the war on iraq incase anyone wants to hear it.
I'm glad to see that a lot of you share my feelings about this. I've been putting off starting this thread for the last five or six months because I was afraid of starting a flame war. Definitely something the board doesn
Yes but a lot of the people who would flame you would be morons.
That's how most flames do start... at least one moron, but yeah there is always the possiblilty with this.
Yeah and remember if it looks good people will buy something mediocre. The main nintendo guy (shigeru miyamoto) said that once.
Quote:I absolutely agree with you, but the government will never ban those games out of respect, because those games are their #1 recruitment helper. Kids play them, and then they sign up for the army thinking that it'll be just like the video games.

Government should ban them? Why is it the government's responsibilty to make sure people make a choice which you think is right?

Quote:he heard about them and passively sat by and allowed them to happen because he saw an opportune moment to grab power.

It couldn't be he didn't take it seriously? Isn't incompetence much more likel than such a sinister motif?

And why are you stopping at WWII shooters? What about games that take place in Roman times? Or Medieval times? Those are probably the worst offenders. Hell, I own a fabulous game calle Rome: Total War. It's fun, but bodies just fall without any blood, the soldiers do not get horrendous injuries, and it makes it look like fun and games, when they were more horrifically bloody than WWII (and it gives WWI a run for it's money). Hell, you can even destroy whole cities of it's civilian population (and when you're doing it as a Roman, a graphic of civilians crucified lining a road appears under a red sunset). You can replace their religion with yours, you can supress their national identity ete. And no one gets upset about that. I guess killing maybe 100 Nazis throughout the game is more horrible than killing literally thousands, sometimes with just one battle.
I kinnda like WWII games of the fact they bring you back in time and show
you how it was like when WWII was happening.but i understand where ya coming from.
Yes they may be that but there's still too many of them out there.
Quote:And why are you stopping at WWII shooters? What about games that take place in Roman times? Or Medieval times? Those are probably the worst offenders. Hell, I own a fabulous game calle Rome: Total War. It's fun, but bodies just fall without any blood, the soldiers do not get horrendous injuries, and it makes it look like fun and games, when they were more horrifically bloody than WWII (and it gives WWI a run for it's money). Hell, you can even destroy whole cities of it's civilian population (and when you're doing it as a Roman, a graphic of civilians crucified lining a road appears under a red sunset). You can replace their religion with yours, you can supress their national identity ete. And no one gets upset about that. I guess killing maybe 100 Nazis throughout the game is more horrible than killing literally thousands, sometimes with just one battle.

I did mean all games based on historical wars are wrong, but I was using the wars of the last century as an example since they still affect the lives and recent family history of people alive today.