Join our server on Discord

Hey I'm Not Dead. (Who Knew?)
If their hiring process takes a long time a well-placed phone call may aid your application. It's not that you're reminding them the application is there, it's showing how much you want the job (even if you really loathe the job).

And what your cousin did wasn't wrong, it was merely illegal.
Quote:A well-placed phone call may aid your application.
That depends on who you're applying with. So far every place I've actually gotten an interview with has outright stated during the interview that if they were called that the application would immediately be discarded.

Quote:And what your sister did wasn't wrong, it was merely illegal.
At what point did peddling illegal drugs become right? Never, that's when. And she's not my sister, she's my cousin. If she were my sister I'd have more leeway to verbally kick her ass instead of this dumbass tiptoeing around the issue that I have to do now not to get bitched at by the rest of the family.
She was selling meth? No matter what that's just stupid. So what's happening with her son?
He's just happy to have his mother back.

The most infuriating thing here is that the only reason she's straightening up is because her girlfriend told her she needs to so she doesn't lose her son. We were telling her that for months but obviously we're all idiots so she never listened. :x
Well I guess hearing it from a loved one helped. What kind of loved one was aparently different for her.
And now a bit of pure irritation.

For the last year or so I've been filling out and turning in job application after job application to no avail. Three days ago my idiot fresh out of jail cousin gets a job at Blockbuster, where I have applied a couple times.

"So the nice clean-cut guy with all his wits about him or the skanky drug whore?"
"Which one would be more entertaining and easier to fire?"
"The drug whore."
"Hire her!"

Is it any wonder that I half live in a fantasy world? At least no one in my head is a complete dumbass.
I know what you mean. I found out they hired a kid who got drunk with freshmen as a resident assistant (the guy who busts them), a job that I was rejected for.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
That is wierd but I guess no parties will get broken up on that floor huh?
No, probably not. He just lied his ass off in the interview, as he told me he intended to do.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wow that kind of sucks.