Join our server on Discord

Hey I'm Not Dead. (Who Knew?)
You talking all-out Conan O'Brien skin tone, or just semi-Irish? Either way, the best solution is to stay out of the sun. In truth, it's just as unhealthy for people with darker complexions. You know, there's no such thing as a "healthy tan."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'd say it's more semi-Irish than Conan Irish.

I do tend to stay out of direct sunlight, especially during the 'heat of the day.' I joke that if I go outside I'll lose the rickets experiment I'm working on. That really pisses off my grandmother.

It damn near took an act of congress to get one of my other aunts to realize that you can actually get a worse sunburn on cloudy days than you can on a clear one. Now that she
So your cousin's gay huh? I bet those are interesting conversations at your house. I have no clue what my skin tone is supposed to be so I don't normally go out in the heat a lot. That way I pretty much don't get sunburns. (I've got two in the past few years.)
I haven't had a sunburn since I was 12. It was one of those real bad ones that peel hurt like a fucker. After that I swore to myself "never, ever again." So far I've kept that promise to myself.

So here's what else that's been going on recently:
Years ago one of my cousins got a Game Boy from our aunt while she was visiting us. (We lived in different states then.) This was way back when the only Game Boys around were the big grey ones with the greenish screen and dinosaurs roamed the earth. :) Since our aunt rarely thinks things through she neglected to get a game to go along with it.

So here I am minding my own business playing my own games when my aunt tells me I should give her one of my games and she'd rebuy it for me later. Typically this was all BS and I basically got jacked. Especially since I barely even tolerated this cousin in the first place.

So the other day this cousin comes over trying to raise money so she can go and get her nails done. :roll: Only a complete idiot would buy an obsolete, scratched up Game boy that looks like it was about to fall apart at any second so naturally I told her I wasn't interested. She gets pissed and stalks off to smoke in the backyard since it isn't allowed in the house.

Turning to leave I had one of those, now just wait a damn minute here moments and go back to the place where she put down the game boy and the games. Sure enough there was the game I had 'given' her years before, it still had my initials on it since my mother used to put them on everything which always annoyed the hell out of me since I hate my initials. Without a second thought I snatched it, cleaned it up and to my great surprise it still works.

The funniest thing is that my cousin still has no idea its gone.
Heh heh heh that's funny. My nephew has a problem with games and his cousins sometimes too.
Cyber Stryker Wrote:
Quote:You know, there's no such thing as a "healthy tan."
"Healthy tan," that's probably one of the best oxymorons around.

There is such a thing as a healthy tan for people with certain types of skin. It's genetic, man!

Some people's skin (such as mine) will naturally tan rather than burn even if in direct sunlight for a few hours, while other's (such as my brother) have to put lotion on to do so much as go to the pool on a summer day.
Quote:There is such a thing as a healthy tan for people with certain types of skin. It's genetic, man!
No, there isn't, but this is a common misconception. Evolutionary skin darkening to cope with greater solar exposure is healthy, but that involves genetic mutations over thousands of years. Skin darkening within one's lifetime is unhealthy. It means that skin cells are being rapidly killed, which wouldn't be so bad, except when too many have to grow back at once, irregular (cancerous) growths are more likely.
I know that you saw me.
Your skin doesn't darken because cells are dying it darkens because cells are releasing melonin to protect themselves. If you get sunburn, that's always unhealthy, but tans (for those with skin that tans easier than it burns) can be healthy.

The key is what type of skin you have.
Quote:it darkens because cells are releasing melonin to protect themselves.
Yes, but your skin releases melanin in response to ultra-violet death.
I know that you saw me.
Damn topic, get back here! Don't make me chain you to a tree to keep you from wondering! :)

Anyway, it's good to be back on the board, I'd almost given up hope that the site would be back. In any case things have gotten worse.

My cousin's out of jail and *shudder* living with us. To make things even worse than that she's commandeered the futon in the living room so now I can't be on the internet during the night. *#&% (%&#^@ ()%*#&@# ))(*#&%& <