Join our server on Discord

Hey I'm Not Dead. (Who Knew?)
Well atleast something good could come from this. Ha Ha. And I've had that "We're not looking for work right now." thing too.
I applied to over twenty-five engineering companies for the Summer, and I've finally got an interview for Monday (after months of waiting on other companies), and I've got competition. I had to buy a new suit. It's also not at all what I applied for in my resume, but it's all they're offering. I'm not really qualified to be a repair man, so it looks like I'll have to resort to bullshitting. Wink No doubt, it's tough out there.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
You should know the business world has BS in it. And I'm not qualified to be a construction or assembly line worker. (Found that last one out recently.)
Okay this next bit isn't really new, I've been meaning to rant about it for awhile but it just keeps slipping my mind.

A few years ago my grandmother had her kitchen redone. Cabinets, countertops, the whole shebang. Anyway she decided that she didn't want to have to worry about making big meals anymore and had the oven removed. So now all we have is a stove top range... Isn't that one of the stupidest things you've ever heard? Now whenever we want to make a frozen pizza or anything like that we have to cut it into sections and put it in a dinky-ass toastmaster that ironically takes up a butt-load of counter space.

Obviously it takes forever to get anything done. Now, here's the kicker. Every major holiday all the extended family that lives in the area drops in and my grandmother always insists on having a big meal spread out for them. So now we have to cart bag-ass turkeys and hams back and forth from one of my other aunt's apartment.

You'd think the obvious solution would be to go get an oven but no, every time its brought up I get the same response: "No! I don't want to have to make big meals!"

No one said you had to dammit! My mom and I do most of the cooking around here anyway! Just sit down, shut-up and let us deal with it!
Ha ha Oh well they're the problem, you could be the normal one.
And I thought my mom was stupid for buying stew vegetables when she already had a freezer full of vegetables, but removing an oven...that tops pretty much anything on the fucked up logic meter.
I know that you saw me.
The wiring in our kitchen burnt out today. Not that I'm all that surprised, it hasn't been serviced since the 1960's. So now the fridge is on a industrial extension cord and plugged into the living room and we have to open the garage door to plug in anything else.

If we weren't up to our ears in debt we might be able to get it fixed but even if we weren't I don't think there'd be an effort to since my aunt is really cheep about necessities.

Now here's the ironic part:
Before my grandfather died he was a retired electrician and this house has been in our family since the mid to late seventies. So at some point you'd think that my grandfather would have wanted to update the wiring knowing how necessary it was. That being the logical solution of course they went the other way. Most of the house isn't up to code and we don't have one plugin outlet in the bedrooms that are set for grounded plugs.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a tinderbox.
Sometimes I think your feelings are probably correct.
Since you don't have a job, if you wanted to be really helpful, you could read up on electrical wiring, and rewire the house yourself. If your grandfather did it, you might find you have a genetic knack for it. Besides, once you learn, you'll be able to hire yourself out as an electrician's assistant, and they're always looking for assistants.
I know that you saw me.
Wow that's a problem. Just make sure you ground yourself before you mess with the wiring, so you don't get any shocks.