Join our server on Discord

Hey I'm Not Dead. (Who Knew?)
It's better to do it now while you're still unemployed. Besides, now you can put Juror #? on your resume.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
What so you can do that?
Quote:What so you can do that?
I'm not sure; I've never been a juror. I assume that if you do a good job, it's something you'd be proud of, but I don't know if you can actually put it on a resume. Most of my judicial experience is in judging. Wink
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Cyber Stryker Wrote:Thanks for the support you guys.

Yet another snag has arisen: I have jury duty in March. Sure you get paid for your time but that's really gonna fuck up the job search. Then on the off chance that I get a job between now and then I'm guessing the new boss won't be too thrilled with me even though its not my fault.

Don't know how it works in the US, but in Canada, employers cannot in any way penalize you for completing your civic duty.
Well they can't officially penalize you for it but I could still end up working crappy swing shifts until they weren't pissed at me for inconveniencing them as a new employee anymore. That happened to a friend of mine a couple years ago. She got a job and two months later got jury duty and had to work wildly different shifts until her supervisor was replaced (for sexual harassment of another employee.) I know that probably wont happen with me but I
I've once heard you don't have to go.