Join our server on Discord

My Digimon run down...
Alrighty then, moving on to the movies. When the one movie came out in the U.S. (the one the was smashed together) I never watched it cause it looked... odd or something. Most of the scenes that were shown were out of "Our war game" with the internet and it all seemed wrong. Anyways recently I did find out the whole movie screw around and I eventually found the real deals subbed so here we go. Oh and I am doing this straight from memory and I don't remember all the titles.

... Uhhh the first one. Can't remeber what it was called besides Digimon and what not. It was an okay movie except it seemed to be only twice as long as an episode and didn't have anything too plot gripping that wasn't explaned in the show. It was nice to watch at least once... with Koromon dashing around, eating, and pooping. At least the movie did actually "happen" in the story.

The second one was "Our war game." I would say that this one was probably the more popular one. I don't have to much to say other then there being a few humor points and it mainly focusing on action. Much longer then the first making it a good movie length and it actually happened too. Oh yeah, and I noticed Yolie in one of the clips. Okay most know that, but I felt like saying it. I haven't gone back to look for Ryo who I believe is in there as well.

Oh yeah movie three. All I have to say was that it was REALLY wierd. It had the interesting plot of someone having there digimon partner going crazy and having to kill it. Other then that the final battle seemed to drag on as Cherubimon just kept Dedigivovling and playing with them. I'm sure it made sense why, but I like seeing action. Happy ending and some kid speaking in English. I have a slight feeling this never happend... mostly because of the fact that Patamon and Gatomon went to their higest forms. Not to say it didn't happen, but then you would wonder why the never could again. Overall I say no.

Movie four was like movie two except remixed for the second set of kids with the setting being in the real world. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how all electronics went haywire when most of the digimon merged to real world. It was an interesting touch. Makes me think of Lawnmower man. Anyways this is the only time I've heard stingmon's voice and think the English voice translated well in tone. This movie could have very well happened at the end of the season, but not much elsewhere if I am not mistaken.

Movie 5 season three. Meh, action again. I liked it. More then likely happened... though the ending finisher would then be brought into question on why it wasn't used again.

Movie 6. I hate this one the most. Why? All it really showed was that Rika has a setimental side and that she can sing. Also in the begining I don't know what Renamon was laughing at besides something Rika had on the calender. Dukemon going Crimson, or whatever it was, mode was the only oddity.

Movie 7. Poor Frontier only having one movie, but the plot did have a small, but nice, plot twist. Other then that, it had good action... oh yeah and seeing two of the ancient digimon. I'll also comment on how Takuya (I keep having to pause and remeber his name) and Kouji did most of the fighting as usual. It more then likely did happen since there is nothing conflicting in it.

Movie 8. Very cool being in CG... but I'm not too familiar with the background plot. I believe it was based off a manga. Pardon the spelling too. I know about Yrdggrisl and that he ran the show, and in order to keep running it he decided to kill most of the digimon off (cause they were too strong). Those he spared went... well this is were it gets foggy for me casue I can't quite nail down the info right, to some other three layered world (I know prehistoric, somewhere in between, and robotic/future). Other Digimon survived too, but they changed a bit because of it and that is where the whole "X" thing comes from. And I'm not quite sure why the other digimon are afraid of the "Xs" other then they may be carriers of the virus. Anyways the actual movie was straight foward. They Leomon... to bad he dies in the first few minutes. Though Patamon isn't in there his lesser form is (Patamon does seem to show up alot except for season three). The movie itself was pretty straightfoward... except I never thought Dukemon and Metal Garurumon X, him especially, would come back let alone that strong. Alphamon was interesting and made me laugh. I laughed because it made perfect sense for their to be an Alphamon since there was an Omegamon. The whole "linked to the... whatever it was called so you have to kill me too" thing wasn't explained to well though I don't think it was supposed to. The final battles almost made me feel like I was playing some video game RPG... except the parties are ussually three or more. I didn't quite like how the background wasn't explained too well, but I do realize in Japan the fans would be familiar enough with it... and I did make it out okay more or less.
Well the explination for why the other digimon hated the X's was because they(the normal ones who survived) thought that the X's was the problem for all the deaths or... um w/e happened ^^

The plot was, i think, Yrdggrisl(is that how its spelt?) was remaking digimon, for the reason that he saw there where problems with the one he ahas already created.... well thats all i got from watching it ^^ i dont think thats the actualy plot though :?
Eh I was close it's actualy spelled Yggdrasil. minus one "r" add another "a" and switch the "s" and "i." Anyways as you mentioned about the other digimon fearing the X's thinking they carry the virus makes perfect sense. I don't think I quite picked that up, or at the very least forgot about it. I've started watching some digimon again because it has been a few months and I'm not going to waste space on my computer.
Okay.... that went over well onto the games. I've played/owned a few: Digimon World 1, DW3, Digimon Rumble Arena, and DRA 2. Yeah mostly playstation since I have easy acces to that. I know a few games were made for the Wonder Swan back in the day, close to pokemon, with a storyline spanning all of them with Ryo defeating Milleniumon, and all of his varous forms. He's possibly the same one from season two though it wouldn't make much sense since he is also friends with Ken from season 2 and I'm rather convinced both worlds aren't connected. Also GBA has mini fighting games and a racing one. Oh yeah and the card game... personally I don't care for card games so whatever.

Well here we go for the games I have played.

DW1, probably the most digmon game out of all of them. Though I would say it seems kinda hard for a kid to actually play. It is rather easy to loose to any randomn digimon and there is little you do in battles except give your digimon somewhat loose commands and toss him items. Now the game is playable, but it requires some patience and good plainning since your digimon will die and loose a great deal of stats. I have yet to beat it too. Oddity: eating porta potties. Annoyance: having Meramon take a dump in front of Punimon with no warning right after having a rest.

DW3, sadly to easy. Main stream digimon save three and anyone can be anything... though base stats do make a slight difference. Fusion when switching takes up too much MP. Though I will say the translation and localiztion is done very well. Counter Crests make the game even easier. I did beat it, and I have a game where I'm using only one digimon. I haven't touched it for some time, but I've gotten rather far.

DRA, not bad, but not great either. I found it somewhat boring, but no real complaints as far as errors. Sure some stuff is wierd, but I let it go somehow. I do like the last level with the music and the blur thing. I can't beat the one bonus thing where you have to press the square button quickly to evolve.

DRA2 a vast improvment over the first in everything, but not enough to be a good game still. I hate falling and loosing health from landing on my head. The randomn items don't provide enough fun and digivovling doesn't quite seem to do enough either.

I may add more later... I can't quite describe everything how I want to.
Alright, I have bumped into a few things that have made me think of digimon... okay not much really. I haven't looked at everything, but I belive it's safe to assume that most digimon are based off of mythical creatures. The only ones I've bumped into a couple of times are angels, devils, and kyubis. I actually did get around to looking up to what kyubi's are besides the obvious. All in all they seemed like tricksters of sorts amongst other things depending upon which legend. They also come in gold, white, and I think brown. They start of with one tail, and they grow another one every thousand years... or human souls... depending upon the legend of course. The other one is Susano-o or however it is spelled exactly. Funny enough the person who became Susano-o did the voice of Henry's dad. I finally realized it once I only heard the voice without the seeing the guy and it immediatley clicked.
For the record there is a digimon known as BlackGatomon, LadyDevimon's champion form.
Okay now I'm probably going to run around various topics and what not. Favorite stuff etc.

Favorite game: well it is hard to say each one has features that are good, but turn me off at the same time. Digimon World 1 is good cause is most digimon esque, but I find it rather boring with micromanaging. Most of the work is wasted. I also enjoy three for an odd story, but it isn't very digimon with a poor selection to boot

Favorite season. It would either be the third or the first. I think I would have to go with the third though I would want to exist in the first(and second) if given a choice.

Favorite digimon... Renamon. I hate admiting it and never really make mention of it either. Well more so since people never really had an intrest in digimon like I do. The second is that most people who like her tend to list the rest of the feminine digmon with an added, "if you know what I mean." Maybe I do... arghhh this feels so weird saying a frikin picture... an image..... vaguely attractive, but I didn't mind her personality or something. I always enjoyed speed and good power in other games so maybe my style is similar. Though I wouldn't say I'm fast. Whatever.... it is just that Renamon is ussually the first digimon I go for in whatever... then I also fear the of just being labeled in that fan base, nor do I want to change my choice because it is an opinion and subjetive. If my favorite digimon was a numemon fine... I didn't say it was the best or the worst.

On a side note I made my Master chief in Halo 2 yellow and purple with the yinyang symbol. I did do it on purpose.
You know no one here cares who you're favorite digimon is right? It's fine that you like that one.
From what I've seen I pretty much assumed, but I still feel a little paranoid. I'm not just limiting that to DAD. I just don't like getting shoved into fan bases that I have similarities too, but I will never be part of for various reasons.
Harie Wrote:I think I'll check those out Wisemon.
Yeah, maybe a female lead character would be interesting. You don't see to many of those anywhere.

Funny you'd say that. So far, most of my Digimon material has involved female characters in leading positions.

Anonmon Wrote:There aren't that many good ones on fanfiction.net, but I can recommend a couple of authors for Digimon stuff: DFDarkSide, Silver1, and Sailor Janus is making a good start for Digimon.

Most of the Diaries universe is also posted at ffNET. You can either perform a search or look directly at the c2 (which does not yet include M-rated material, so a search would be needed to see all of the series.)