Join our server on Discord

My Digimon run down...
I'm a little bored right now, so I'll just start spewing stuff I know (or at least think I know) about digimon. I'll probably just say(well type) whatever comes to mind.

Digimon... obviously stands for digital monster. I actually see digimon before pokemon. Obviously, I'm talking about those tamogachi thingies. A friend of mine owned it. I pretty much assumed it for a "guy" version of tamogiachis. Well I'm not saying the others were necesarrily bad for a guy to have... it just this was more designed for guys in mind. Anyways, I didn't think much of it.

He played with it every now and then, but he didn't take a great intrest in it.. FIrst of all he called it "Dig(like tunnel) - e - mon." Sure I said it too, but I always thought it was somehow wrong. The description to the forms were a bit better. A creme puff (black or white), dino, T-rex, and... ninja. Well those are the only ones I ever saw. It surpisingly wasn't a while ago till I actually tired to figure out what was what. Amazingly since it has been a few years I still remebered what they looked liked... yet I can't remeber other things. I'm sure you could guess most of them yourself, but as for the ninja... it was Devimon.
Ah... the good old days of 100 by 130 pixel LCD screens in black and white. Alright, maybe the proportions aren't exactly right, whatever.
I had a tamogachi once there was I funny kind of Agumonish creatchure in it I used to play with it a lot but at that time I knew nothing about digimon.
And only now I found out that tamo stands for egg.
Yeah that's funny isn't it? Oh wait I thought it was tama which means egg?
They were biggest in the Summer of 1997. I remember everybody at camp had a virtual pet...except for me, because I refuse to follow pop trends, unless I really really like them.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Well nice to see that you've been this weird for years.
Well It was prety cool, at least my mom liked it becouse she newer let me keep a real pet, not even a kitten.
I never did much with the virtual pets either. Except "kill" the one(a dog) my brother had(okay I you couldn't kill it just scold it ti'll it ran away.)

Okay then some time later, cause I don't keep track of dates for these sort of things too well, the digimon show came out. By that time I had completely forgoten about the virtual pet thing.(I did manage to realize it every now and then, but it wasn't to significant to keep track of). I think my older brother, a friend (differnt one), and I that actually liked the show. When I first saw the commercials for it I thought it was going to be some Pokemon rip off. The title didn't help. My opinion quickly changed.

The first epsiode, I think, was a good first episode. It managed to vaguely introduce nearly all the charcters, and it did a good job of introducing the plot.

The first season was easily done in four parts. The first part was obviously facing Devimon. This showed each character's basic background and such. The next was etemon with the crest collecting and such. Then it was Tai bringing the group back together (plus one) and "defeating" Myotismon. Then the "Dark Masters" Some episodes were okay and some were rather boring. Some of it was rather rough only because somethings had to be explained or else some people would have lost intrest.

I think one of my favorite scenes is when they are back in the real world in the train station. Joe is walking around with Gommamon, who is hungry, and he grabs some packet of food, and Joe says, "Bad Dog!"... or something like that.

Joe is defintialy one my favorite digidestined. I don't mind helping people out, but oddly enough I'd rather do my own things myself (bit of a problem there). Granted I don't carry around band aids, but I do have duct, WD40, and a somewhat cruddy multi-tool thingy in my dorm which has been put to use. I have a slight sense of humor (I think), but I'm not a water element. Izzy would be the other one that is close, but I'm not computer savy like he is amongst other things. I liked gabumon and all of his forms except for Metal Garurmon... don't care really for cyberjunk.

My older brother likes Patamon because of "BOOM BUBBLE PAH!" and that he was so small he was bound to do somethng big. A few other things too.

One of the episodes I'll think of as far as the whole censorship thing would be the one with Joe and Sora with the Bakemon. Yeah, the show existed, but I was rather surprised that it got by.

I also pited Leomon cause he kept getting controlled... then killed. That's the problem though with active-powerful-good-guy-secondary characters. They either A: die or B: join the party, but in the later they will suddenly suck.

Sure the season had a sad end, but it was still decent nevertheless.

Oh yeah, I hated every theme song except the opening.
Leomon ended up being an Expendible Adult-Level Digimon.
Joe is one of my favorites too, if not my very favorite, because I look like him, I act like him (prepared and cautious), and my dad's a doctor. I just don't like that he got screwed out of lines in Season 2 because of his Japanese voice actor. I printed out a "poster" portrait of Joe and taped it up in my dorm room, right next to RGB Peter Venkman and Yusuke.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against