Join our server on Discord

My Digimon run down...
Do you get the feeling that the different theories of Digimon death are analogous to different religious beliefs about death? The eggs represent the cycle, a Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. type reincarnation theory. This is something I'm trying to delve into in my new series.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
As far as death the process of digimon is concerned I never thought about it. I agree fully though since most of the digimon's appearances are based off of creatures in various religons. I have never really delved to far into various religon's beliefs of the after-life. I'm just familiar with the basics.
I think I may have some easier answers for you,
Angemon/devimon: Yes devimon did die, all of his data was blown away. But if you noticed, patamon's egg formed from some feathers. So obviously his data wasn't so gone so he could come back. Plus he's an important digimon so he pretty much has to come back if the digidestined are needed again.

Etamon: Yeah he died but his data didn't compleatly disapear. He came back in a meteor made of the network that was a lot of data to process so he evolved before he compleatly died. Now metal etamon; yeah he died. claw through the chest plus it was just him so his data was processed faster.

Myotismon: Is a bitch when it comes to death. Those bats that brought him back are the same as in his attack so they're part of his data. Now malo myotismon, a tiny bit of his data was left (he was a big digimon) and it hid in oikawa until he went to the land of dreams so he could fully regenerate himself. But after that, he's dead.

Tamers: Yeah that is a question. But the bull deva didn't die I don't think, he just broke down like some digimon tend to do when hit badly. He was hurt so bad after rapidmon's attack he broke and had to get himself back together but after that, he died. It's possible that data unabsored goes back to the digiworld and reforms. Possibly back to a baby I. We don't exactly know.

Frontier: A combo of both, if unabsored the data will go back to the egg and hatch.

Now memories: it's not know if the digimon actually remember anyone since we did not get any example of it. But the eggs of the other armors in frontier did seem to react to their old armors. So it's possible there's something to do with memories but it may just have been the armors reacting to the eggs.

And X-evolution is a compleatly different subject.

That help anyone?
Quote:Yes devimon did die, all of his data was blown away.
Then what was he doing in the Dark Whirlpool in Season 2. Remember that episode?
I know that you saw me.
That's an extention of the dark ocean. Where the data goes when destroyed. Mostly evil digimon. A lot like the underworld.
Alot of mystery all in all. I forgot to add about Ogremon there too.

I also forgot to add about Ken under memory. Not just Wormon, but the other baby digimon knew who he was too.

What gets labeled as death seems more like a nother state of unconcious... more like a coma or something. Maybe like an out of body experience. I might try looking at some religons along reincarnation to see if I can find a connection somewhere.

A digimon's life and strength is based on their purpose. The more they drive to it the more powerful they are. They are not fated to just one way of fullfilling it though they have many ways. If they no longer have a purpose does that mean they die? I wonder. Even after death their affect on the world may not be over.

Are they similar because they are different or are they different because they are similar? Actually it's pretty easy since the question itself is wrong and neither are true. I think it is more closer to being: The two worlds are different, but they come from the same source.
Whoa that sounds pretty deep. I just tryed to put it in a simple way while you did it in a "I may have to think about that way".
Quote:That's an extention of the dark ocean. Where the data goes when destroyed. Mostly evil digimon. A lot like the underworld.
That explains why Daemon couldn't escape, but it doesn't explain how Divermon and MarineDevimon were alive there. In theory, Etemon would also be there, but he wasn't.
I know that you saw me.
True, but it is more likely up for grabs. Just because we didn't see him does not mean he was not there. Overall, I'm a little shaky with the dark ocean and the whirlpool. I didn't think about the ocean and had forgoten about the whirlpool entirely.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of it all. The dark ocean really. The Divermon weren't really divermon, the place was closer to earth then the digital world.... and if all that was true I'm not sure what a dark spire was doing there. Unless, of course, Ken never really invented the things. The information was already there planted by the dark spore.

Well, it would make sense if the Whirlpool was an extension, or a gateway of sorts, to the dark ocean. How else would the evil data survive the purge of the first season?
Of course just think of the whirpool as like a gate to heck. And how big is the dark ocean? It may have a lot of room for the evil digimon and maybe dragomon or dagomon is one of the big wigs of evil digimon since daemon didn't want to go there and he has the symbol to protect against dagon and the Cthulhu. http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/misc/trivia.htm
Check Call of the Cthulhu. It even references the scubamon and what they turned into. Interesting read if you're thinking hard about this stuff.
I'm also using dragomon in my series for an episode or two.