Join our server on Discord

My Digimon run down...
No love for matt I guess.

I was wondering why Cody cause I, for one, never really found him interesting. He also needed a better voice for the US version.
Ryo still drives me a bit nuts though, when I think about it. He really can't be the same character... well actually saying that just fixed it. He could be some sort of paralell character. If he didn't have his parents it'd be okay.

No offense, I'm surprised I still carry any intrest in digimon. First of all, most fads, if I ever get interested in them to begin with, ends up being at the end. I don't like being part of it. If I do like it, a game or book, I'll keep it, but chances of picking it back up, except for nostalogic purposes, is rare. My only reason is that Digimon has helped my intrest in... well, how can I put it? Mythical creatures and various other stories similar to it? It is something I'm not quite sure how to say since I have yet to sort it all out. It's been a slight hinderance, partly my own wiring and my own fault, as I don't really now what avenue this intrest is going, but I can't see myself dumping it any time soon.
It's a thing they do with anime, referencing literature and mythology so much that the anime becomes meta-literature and meta-mythology. Or something.
Yeah, I know, some games do it too, but digimon made me really connect with it.
Stupid thought of the day: If a guy fused with a female digimon wouldn't that technicly make a man trapped in a womnan's body?
First let's get a male with a female digimon partner. And yeah he might be.
Well, there's been two female destined partneredto maledigimon,so the oppositeis not exactly unlikely, I guess...
It'd be an interesting idea. Plus a real change.
I guess it goes without saying there isn't much to find on digimon on the web these days. Sure, there are a few good sites but some don't vary too much with the fan sites.

At any rate I was running around seeing if I find any interesting Flashes and found two. Sure there's more, but I haven't seen these before.

http://www.dafoxx.com/animations/

At first, I thought Monster Rancher would fade into obscurity first, but it seems to have a fith game coming out, so I'm still wondering since both are slowly dying. It seemed interesting, but both digimon and Pokemon seemed to have more variety over it. I'm sure it does have some, but with the right strategy anything is good. I'm no expert though so don't quote me. I know very little about it.
So, I was thinking again, as I was watching Digimon's CG movie X-evolution, and I thought about how digimon die. When I first looked at it, it seemed to me to be rather subjective, but either way it is not like what a human calls death. It is easily said that Digimon mostly die and are reborn in the Digital World. A constant recycle is used though data can be deleted and new data can be reformed. Just to clarify, when I say data I mean everything in the digital world. My main problems were their power and memory. Most digimon seem to lose most of their power when they are reborn, but some seemed to have broken the rules a bit or their were other factors. Memory is another shaky deal in as well. Memory seems to be kept for the most part, but is lost on certain occasions.

Digimon World 1 shows a good example of by the hero's digimon... which seems to be the only digimon that ever dies. If dies of old age it loses most of its power, and keeps all of its moves. If it gets killed it loses some of its moves. I'm going out on a limb here and saying it's loses some of it's memory. So it only loses memory when it dies, it becomes corrupt, from being killed. It loses most of its power either way. Another example would be Season 1 of digimon when Angemon and Devimon die. Angemon becomes reborn on the spot, and Devimon sort of dissapears to. I'm wondering if he just dies/deleted or is purified then reborn. Cause even Angemon's comments suggests he has a risk of dissapearing as well. So I guess there is always a risk of never coming back when a digimon dies from to much damaged data or something like that. I know they are two different worlds, but Patamon does retain his memory.

Then there is the fun with Etemon. It is a little shaky if ever did die in the encounter with Metal Greymon, but he probably could have.

Next I'll deal with Myotismon who seemed to have cheated death twice. Each time he was "killed" he became more powerful. Then again, for the adventures, digimon dying in the real world don't die very proper. Even Wizardmon. I can't say much for the transition between Myostismon and VenomMyotisimon, right now. But with VenomMyostismon and MaloMyostismon is a bit easier for me to speculate. After dying as VenomMyostismon he basicly became a spector of sorts and going into that "other" dimension he was able to take/create a physical form. Then he was put to rest in the digital world.

Season 3 is a bit of a mystery since we never see where do digimon come from. No "The Birdramons and the Flymons." Pardon "the Birds and the Bees pun," but that would definitly be a title that those English translators who translated the digimon series would use if they had an episode covering the topic. So who knows if digimon can ever be reborn here. Vajramon (The Bull horse Deva) seems to die at one point, but shows up again later fine with no questions asked.

Season 4 is much like one and two. Digimon die, most of their data is absorbed, and their egg (life) is still preserved. This one seems to be more consistant since both the good and the bad digiomon get their memory and power wiped, but they are still the same digimon. Even Lucemon I guess. And let's not forget the human data strip.

I skipped Apoclymon because of his unique origin. He was created out of all the "evil" digimon. It was as if the chosen children had to purify their purification. I feel as if this is were all the corrupt power and memories went. Consider it like a virus and the chosen children like the anti-virus. They were able to extract the virus from all the data, but, until the end, were not strong enough to actually delete it. Oh yeah, the term is quarantine.

On a side note my Dad's convinced that deleted data is transfered out of the computer through the wires.

It can't be where all the virus digimon go. That would be rather cruel to Guilmon, all the Nuememon, and Impmon. We are all in agreement here though. The digital world is similar to computers as all digimon are made out of data, but, like humans, are much more then that.

---X-evolution---
As I said I was while I was watching X-evolution because some of the deaths really confused me namely: Dukemons, Metalgarurumon X, and Alphamons. Dukemon's isn't that hard. After watching it a second time it seems as if his data is broken down but never absorbed. He then searches for his answers and then he reassembles himself. MetalGarurumon X I'm still a little shaky on. It really seems as if he dies and gives up his X-antibody. Except he isn't dead and shows up later. Then there is Alphamon. He almost seems like he is another entity trapped inside of Dorumon, but I really think they are same digimon it's just that the Dorumon shown in the movie doesn't have acsess to all the memory/knowledge Alphamon has. I'm not sure. Then Alphamon dies, spits out his data, Omegmon turns "X," and the data ball becomes Dorumon... again.

Another add on would be the program X. I don't know much about it really, so that may have had some influence on the deaths and thus confusing me. I meaning it was supposed to kill off most, then all, digimon so of course that would probably explain why most of the digimon did not shatter/break down when they were killed. To prevent their recycle.
---------------------

So basically death is a whole pile of... well something. The seasons seem to vary a bit, but I'm sure there are still a fair number of similar conculusions that can be brought out of it. It may have been something the writers never fully thought out and concentrated on. It isn't the end of everything, but, depending upon your belief, what all people consider death is not the end of it all either. Even if there was a real digital world I don't this wold be one of things you could easily go to any digimon and ask... not like sex.

I hope I made some sense. I suck at writing large pieces. Any comments would be nice to make sure I have covered all the differenet avenues of dying digimon.