Join our server on Discord

uncut digimon
Yeah, it seems to be a rather good for using as a refrence... I used one strip in this board too. I think I first saw vgcats from some link here too.
That comic makes an excellent point. Gratuitous romance fics should be purged from fanfiction.net!
I like that each comic has a theame
Movie
Game
Anime...
cyber stryker what is "Personally I'd be happy with subs being released on DVD like what happened to Cardcaptor Sakura after *whispering* The Incident."
hmm?? i liked that show, well sortive thinking about maybe getting manga, dunno

but what is the incident??
The horrible dubbing and editing.
Quote:but what is the incident??

You didn't know? I was a fan too until I found out what they changed. Basically Sakura has a huge crush on Yukito/Julian and that was mostly cut for some weird-ass reason. Apparently ten year olds are not allowed to have crushes on older people. :roll: But really that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Basically anyone with magical powers is attracted to anyone else with magical powers, kind of like magnets. Let's call it "mage-dar." lol So since this "mage-dar" has no consideration for gender everyone with magic ends up either attracted to or repelled by in some cases to anyone else with magic. So since there were a lot of yaoi/yuri references and relationships a butt load of scenes and even full episodes were cut and/or never dubbed.

As a result from the backlash the series was released on DVD uncut in subbed and raw form only.

That's what I meant by "the incident."
KILL THEM ALL! SHOW THEM NO MERCY! ITS NO LESS THEN THEY DESERVE!
So you found your way back huh?
i'd rather have it in uncut DVD form. nihongo with english subttitles...and comes with free doujinshi....i can dream
Another thing that I hate of the US dub of digimon is that they turned Patamon even more childish of what he was, for example, in the last episode of season 1 when TK and Patamon are saying goodbye they are crying and in the US dub the script was this:

Patamon: T.K., will you stop crying, because you're making me cry!

T.K.: I- I- I was just crying because you were crying!

Patamon: Well, if you're crying because I'm crying, and I'm crying because you're crying, then neither one of us needs to be crying, do we...

They look at each other with big, wet eyes.

T.K.: Oh yeah.

Patamon: Besides, I'm sure we're gonna see each other again one day.

T.K.: Yeah, just like we saw each other again after that thing with Devimon.

Patamon: That's right, we did.

T.K.: Let's make a pact. We'll see each other again! Promise?

Patamon: Promise!

The US added the part of TK telling Patamon that he is crying because Patamon is crying, also here is what they told each other in the original japanese script and even in the spanish version:

Patamon:TK don't cry, since the time now runs at the same speed in both worlds I'm sure we gonna see each other again

TK:Really?

Patamon:we saw each other after Devimon's defeat right?

TK:well yeah because I had hope on see you again

Patamon:Well then keep hoping TK

TK:yeah, you're right, let's promise we will see each other again

Patamon:it's a promise!

as you see the US dub totally changed Patamon's words to TK in that part, and in a opinion I think that's the reason why some fans who saw the US dub of digimon think that Patamon is too childish, or that Davis is an idiot, etc.

I know that Patamon is childish but he wasn't that much childish like the USA dub portrayed him, while Davis even though he was a bit dumb he never mispronounced TK's name in the original version nor in the spanish dub.

another example of this is the episode when Kari and Gatomon got stuck in Andromon's city, when Andromon hit Pegasusmon and he dedigivolved to Patamon, in the US dub Patamon said:

Patamon: I'll have two cheeseburgers and a large order of fries.

but what Patamon really said in the original version and in the spanish dub was:

Patamon: I knew that the ultimate digimon was too strong

See how the US dub really screwed a lot of things in digimon? no offense or anything but in a personal opinion the spanish dub is by far the best dub out there, it came with everything of the original like the japanese music, and without any cut escenes, heck they even leaved TK's mother japanese name Natsuko instead of the american one that is Nancy. maybe the only thing they changed was the logo, the dub has the america digimon logo but meh, that still pass. :P
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions