Join our server on Discord

Goddamn Pro-Lifers...
You can always count on you two to be complete opposites no matter what. Althought I know why wise is like that but why is Anti-wise like that?
And, Wisemon, I do care about people. I care about the freedom of people. However, you seem to only care for your positive freedoms while I seem to care about my negative freedoms (positive freedoms is when someone else is forced to do something to accomidate you, like the freedom to healthcare, while negative freedoms you don't have to do anything, and doesn't require coercion)

As for oyur comment on gun control, would a criminal care if he were to break gun control laws?
Quote:However, you seem to only care for your positive freedoms while I seem to care about my negative freedoms (positive freedoms is when someone else is forced to do something to accomidate you, like the freedom to healthcare, while negative freedoms you don't have to do anything, and doesn't require coercion)
Are you sure you're after less gun control and not less drug control, because you sound like you're smoking something illegal.

Quote:As for oyur comment on gun control, would a criminal care if he were to break gun control laws?
That's my fucking point! If you keep the guns designed to kill people strictly in the military (yes, it can be done; the guns that are out now stop working after a while), you can prevent street crime, or at least take the guns out of street crime. Actually, I'm not too keen on this idea either, because it gives the military too much power, so I think the ideal solution would be to get rid of all automatic and nuclear weapons, all across the world, but of course, that's a pipedream. Still, since we're in the hypothetical, that's the best solution. Also, you didn't answer my point about how me carrying a gun will help against someone who's already holding a gun to me. It ain't like the westerns, where they know that they're about to pull guns on each other.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Ah, yes, because the governmnent can stop all weapons from coming in. Just like they could stop all alcohal, right?

And, no, I'm not smoking anything illegal. Positive and negative freedoms are widely accepted.
People need the right to own a gun. If not to protect themselves from criminals, to protect themselves from the government. There's a little thing called armed insurruction (pardon my spelling please) that can only be executed and accomplished with decent weapons. Should the government become tyrannical, the people will need to fight back.

If they had gun control laws in the days of the Revolution we'd be swearing allegiance to the Queen and Parliament. WW1 and WW2 would've turned out completely differently due to no Americans. Hell, we might be speaking German and saying verses on how great it is to live in a world without Jews, gays and gypsies.
As John Locke said, if the government breaks the social contract, it is your duty to rebel.
I see your point, but I still think we wouldn't need guns to pull off a rebellion. For instance, blow darts would allow for better stealth when sneaking into government buildings. Would you at least agree that an ideal world wouldn't have any guns? It could still be nice and violent. I've been watching UFC's reality show, and trust me, humans can do lots of damage without the aid of weapons. Twisted
I know that you saw me.
Oh, and what would happen when the government armed itself against its own laws, or decided that guns should only be held by the military?
Quote:Oh, and what would happen when the government armed itself against its own laws
:?:
Quote:decided that guns should only be held by the military?
I'm saying that would be an improvement over having them in the hands of thugs and rednecks. If the government starts abusing its power, like, say, now, then it would be our responsibility to build new weapons. This time around, we should make them quieter and more environmentally friendly, like tranq darts or laser blasters.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:I see your point, but I still think we wouldn't need guns to pull off a rebellion. For instance, blow darts would allow for better stealth when sneaking into government buildings. Would you at least agree that an ideal world wouldn't have any guns? It could still be nice and violent. I've been watching UFC's reality show, and trust me, humans can do lots of damage without the aid of weapons.

Too bad human condition shits on your perfect world.