Join our server on Discord

Newbie :D
Quote:if you want to change your name

go to: Username

change it,

then click the agreement button at the bottom of the page and done.
You have to go to your profile first (while logged in), change the name, then submit the changes.

Quote:ok just checking but what if he agrees to change his name to that and not the abbreviation would that be fine with everyone?
I just gave plenty of alternatives, all with the same meaning. The point is, I don't want him associating himself with a band he doesn't appreciate, and I think I've made a very strong argument for why this bugs me. So the following are not okay: "A Fire Inside", "AFI", "A.F.I.", all of which are names that the band goes by. If he wants to change his name to "Papa Roach", since he really likes Papa Roach, or "Breaking Benjamin" (the band, no other meaning), those would be personal, so they'd be fine.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
breakin benjamin might work lol but I said what I could now you can work it out between your selves
yup, and don't forget to go to profile first. lol. ;)
How ya doin', AFI? Welcome to the board....I am....well, no need to scare you so early....anyway, I hope you have a great time here. And don't worry about Wise cuz he insults anyone he feels like. So far, he has an only friend, Unknown H, and a few other people who talk to him now and then, like me, cuz we are nice, sweet, tolerant....and don't take him seriously. lol Well, Unknown is the only person who can take him, cuz he's extremely nice...I mean, he can even take me as .....friend?......girlfriend?.......half-girlfriend?........lover?.........all of the above? Well, whatever, but Wise is not a bad guy anyway. He's hard to take, selfish, conceited, close-minded, thinks that nobody's better than him, looks down at everything, ingenuous, show-offish, reiterative and wears only green polo T-shirts, but he's not bad. So don't worry. To have a good time around, don't take him seriously and don't read his 'That's what the main man says' topic.
*sees that Wise is looking at her not too pleased* Well, see ya around...*runs away quickly just in case*
Quote:...*runs away quickly just in case*
Yeah, you'd better run, just kidding...but I'm not kidding about the name thing; it truly pisses me off. Contrary to what these guys will have you believe, I don't get upset about everything, but I take the pop vs. rock war very seriously. Since you're a rock fan, and since you're on the side that's getting their radio stations wiped out, I suggest you also take it seriously. To be fair, I'll give myself a guideline of topics that I'm allowed to take seriously, that way you can't say that I get upset about everything:

1. Partying-I'm morally against random sex, sex that takes advantage of people in weakened states, drinking, and illegal drug use.
2. Music-I'm against people who abuse good music, good lyrics, etc. by misinterpretation, underappreciation, or overpopularization. I also get upset occasionally when I can't find an album that I want to buy.
3. Right wing politics, heavily Christian groups, and other stuff associated with the red states.
4. My own luck and my family.

There, that's only four things, and I can't recall getting really upset about anything that doesn't fit into one of those four categories.
I know that you saw me.
yeah it seems the wise is a (no offense) almost always angry rock music loving jewish writer his family seems to annoy him the people in his dorm annoy him and he has no girlfriend so that's why he's like he is I think
Well, I just have to say sorry, Wisemon, for annoying you, and AFI is a great band! They have a sort of heavy metal feel to their music (ex: The boy who destroyed the world, my favorite so far). So yes, AFI is definately on my top 10.
It's great meeting you all on the board!
And yes, I understand my screenname isn't very much like me at all. I'll have it changed.

(Help, can't change name! Do you need to have your e-mail active? Because I have clicked submit lots of times now, and I haven't been able to login with my other name.)
I'm glad you want to make a more personal screenname, that shows integrity, and your true alliance with the rock side in the music war. When you change it, you just keep the same settings as before in your profile, including your email (in fact, that's probably the most important one). So whatever the original email address was, use that one. Personally, I kind of like the sound of "Internal Inferno", but you decide what's best for yourself. Also, if you do decide to start buying some A.F.I. albums, you can go with the self-titled greatest hits; it makes a nice sampler, but my personal favorite is "The Art Of Drowning".

And if you're G.O.C. (at least I don't go out of my way to be an asshole, unlike some people), you can use multiple IP addresses, but don't worry about that.
I know that you saw me.
hmmm, the only thing i can think off might be to chose another password or type your actual one in. in those first fields who have a "*" at least...
Wise: My point is not what you like or don't, it's about the way you say things. You just earn enemies for no reason and that's stupid. Look, here a certain person comes from time to time to some forum, she has a ridiculous name and an even more ridiculous sig. Whenever she shows up, I go look at her posts to see if she still has that nerdy sig. I would love to tell her: 'Hey,what do you have inside your skull?A brain or a pea? Cuz if it's a brain, I hope it has a guarantee.'. Long ago, there was another person with a ridiculous name, a stupid avatar and a goofy way of typing. I would have loved to say 'How nerdier can you get?!'
I also couldn't tell what I think of the trolls, or some other guy that these days is storming another site instead of this....or even someone I considered my friend and today he sent me a mail telling something I can't even believe...but well, I don't wanna get admonished or banned cuz of them.
And about the music....Well, instead of that, here we have another problems. There's a very cheap kind of "music" that those who like it name it' cumbia' and the ones who don't 'bailanta' . originally it belonged to the poorest classes and anyone who liked it was viewed as the lowest scum on Earth. Now has become popular, and once I said how shit it was I was adressed as 'Nazi' and some other things like that.