Join our server on Discord

Newbie :D
Wow, everyone is jumping on the "put an album cover in your sig" bandwagon.
don't mind wisemon he's almost always angry keep the name if you want
but if you absolutly have to change it go to your profile
Quote:Wow, everyone is jumping on the "put an album cover in your sig" bandwagon.
Right, and since I was the first one to do it, you can see how that would make me a little upset. I'm sorry for coming after a confused newbie, but I despise bandwagons, and I'm not keen on people who claim names because they "heard them somewhere and thought they sounded cool". A screenname, like music, is something that should be personal. I take music seriously, because I'm a lyricist myself. A.F.I. is a band with an incredible cult following, and to take that name without even owning an album is ridiculous. Like I said, for every A.F.I album purchased, some of that money goes to Bryan "Dexter" Holland. So when someone takes that name without an appreciation, as anal as it sounds, yes, it pisses me off. It's like the kids on my floor who sing along to "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams", despite the fact that their lives are loaded with friends, relationships, family, and parties. The whole thing is a fucking bandwagon, taking stuff that wasn't meant to be pop culture, abusing it, mutating it, until it becomes its own enemy. I'm sorry, and I'm not normally this angry at board members, but you touched one of my most sensitive nerves, and you did it in multiple ways. Keep the sig, since you do like Papa Roach, but please, for the reasons I've mentioned, unless you want to be on the same side that gets rock stations replaced with R&B and pop stations, change your name to something with some more personal meaning (that isn't already the name of a band from your own home region that you nonetheless don't listen to).
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
You know, I was considering changing my name to "Anti-Wisemon", with my avatar being yours with a mustache and beard, and the sig being a negative of yours, but now I'm not.
I'd keep with the name you like, AFI.

If someone has a problem with it, that's nothing you should care about.
Quote:I'd keep with the name you like, AFI.

If someone has a problem with it, that's nothing you should care about.
You wouldn't understand, because you live elsewhere, but in America the things that I like are getting picked off one by one and being assimilated by pop culture. I wouldn't mind that so much, because they deserve to be popular, except the concepts get misinterpreted, abused, and mutated, until they are no longer their original intention. If he were an A.F.I. fan who had all the albums and went to concerts, I wouldn't have a problem, but I think it's fair for me to have a problem with this, because it's part of the same current that runs everything I love into the ground. :x
Quote:You know, I was considering changing my name to "Anti-Wisemon", with my avatar being yours with a mustache and beard, and the sig being a negative of yours, but now I'm not.
Well, that would be a personal screenname, and it would make sense considering our political views, so I really wouldn't have a problem with that. That's the important thing; it should be personal.

I said I write lyrics, and now I'll show you what I mean. This song was inspired by a dream, and I think it makes a point that no one can successfully argue against.

Pop Music Vampires

They just can
I know that you saw me.
still angry as always huh? but I have noticed something odd about it you know those jamster commercials? with a lot of ringtones, wallpapers ,or screensavers they seem to be geared to the pop/rap/hip-hop people
not many things someone else might like but this whole thing can be solved with one question what does the band AFI stand for? then we can agree on a name change or not.
Quote:what does the band AFI stand for? then we can agree on a name change or not.
We already talked about that; it stands for A Fire Inside, but that phrase cannot be disassociated with the band of the same name or initials. So if he likes the concept of having a fire inside, he needs to rephrase it. That's why I suggested "Heartburn", but he could also choose:
"Internal Flame", "Gut Blaze", "Inner Inferno", "Torch Blood", etc.
I know that you saw me.
ok just checking but what if he agrees to change his name to that and not the abbreviation would that be fine with everyone?
if you want to change your name

go to: Username

change it,

then click the agreement button at the bottom of the page and done.

Still, I am not really agreeing with that whole issue here, since i have the opinion, everyone's the right to chose whatever he want as name. But well, everyone is different.

Just for the case you want to change the name, I wrote how it's to do.