Join our server on Discord

Digimon in real life?
Well, did the show really say that they were "owned" by thier partners?
It seemed to me that the Digimon just willingly "followed" them around.

Heres a theory based on what I've read:

There wouldn't need be legit ownership; the digimon would come to them, specificly since digimon that are "owned" are made specificly based apon thier owner, i.e. the dream demension?

The information below was from
http://www.digibros.net/~digipedia/misc/japtimeline.htm

Quote:One iteration of the DigiWorld also runs closely parallel to two other unrelated dimensions - one, a kalidoscopic world that possesses the power to transform thoughts and dreams into reality, and the other, a grim, foreboding ocean that has the ability to make the dark thoughts of others come to life. While the dream dimension appears uninhabited, the World of Darkness is known to be occupied, at the very least, by Dagomon and his sevants. The DigiWorld is tied closely to both these worlds, and absorbs a fraction of the dream dimension's power to make thoughts reality. Meanwhile, as the years pass, databytes from Earth's Internet continue to add to the Digital World, while at the same time, the DigiWorld's portion of the dream dimension's power starts to give form to the thoughts, dreams, myths and spiritual beliefs of Earth's populace - combined with digital data, this merging produces Digimon, the inhabitants of the DigiWorld.

The information above was from
http://www.digibros.net/~digipedia/misc/japtimeline.htm

So perhaps some Digimon are created through a specific set of
"thoughts, dreams, myths and spiritual beliefs" from a specific portion of the populace (a single person or a few maybe, maybe with some different qualitys or opposite to reflect off and straighten the "bad" or "intense" qualitys, this can be seen on the show), and hence digimon become drawn to thier partners?
As much as I have daydreamed about the idea of being a "Digidestined" or a "Tamer" or what have you, I don't forsee governments allowing "ownership" without HEAVY regulations...I mean, you gotta wait, what, a week for registration of a handgun, how long would you have to wait to register something that can level city blocks, change into even more powerful weapons, AND possesses its own sentient will? Not to mention they tend to be drawn to young minors, many who are not above using their "pets of mass destruction" to get back at Miss Beakman for giving out too much homework.
And that's not even going into the legal ramifications of basically a personalized slave race...it'd be much like many sci-fi writers have always speculated about artificial intelligences (Hell, that's basically what Digimon are to begin with!), when does the creature stop being considered an animal and start being considered a sentient being? Who is ultimately responsible for any damages incurred or crimes committed by the Digimon, the tamer or the creature?
And who'd maintain the law to begin with, anyway? Give the government their own Digimon? Yeah, we'd never have to worry about corrupt government officials abusing the power of creatures capable of levelling buildings then changing into completely unidentifiable forms..."Honestly, your Honor, does my cute little BlackGatomon look ANYTHING like that despicable LadyDevimon who killed my competitor?" Digimon don't always digivolve into the same forms, after all: Greymon has digivolved to both MetalGreymon AND SkullGreymon on separate occasions.
Or how about the police...then you'd have mini-arms races in neighborhoods worldwide as law-enforcement and criminals attempt to digivolve their partners into more powerful forms. Technology would have to be developed in order to control Digimon...which brings us back to the whole "sentients' rights" issue again.
Still, having said all that, I still would love to have one of my own...admittedly, for probably all the wrong reasons (although Hawkmon, Leomon, and Dobermon are the only documented cases that I can recall of Digimon being the opposite gender of their human partners...dammit!).
technically they would be sentient because they are actually living breathing thinking things and they would probally have digimon laws and police digimon with the police it could work and all the wrong reasons, that's one of the biggest problems you'd have right there
It never seemed to be a problem in the show...

BECAUSE THEY ARENT OWNED! THEY ARE BOUND TO EACH OTHER!

welcome... to the fate.
I dont think Digimon belong in our world. They should be in their world.
Exept those who have partner humans.
wait I think that's may be what the topic is about but no offense your post doesn't make alot of sense sorry
What part of my post you didnt understand :?:
you kinda contridicted yourself
UnknownH Wrote:you kinda contridicted yourself

contridicted?
what?
now what does that mean :?
you siad one thing then said the exact opposite thing