Join our server on Discord

Love or let go? - - - Apparently Let go...
Well topic change, we broke up.

She said she felt something was missing...dominance or something, anywho. She still likes me and wants to be friends and stuff so whatever, maybe it will go somewhere in the future.
Dominance? Please explain that to me, because I don't want that to be an excuse for any relationship that I might attempt.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
yeah I'm lost too here what?
Yeah she couldn't even tell me what it was, she just said something was missing, so yeah...Well I punched a wall at work yesterday and hurt my hand a bit and I think she thought one of the reasons was the breakup, which may have been a really really small part but most of it was just a long damn day.
Quote:She said she felt something was missing...dominance or something, anywho. She still likes me and wants to be friends and stuff so whatever, maybe it will go somewhere in the future
As a girl, I can tell you exactly what she meant. When a girl and a guy who were friends begin to date,it's possible that he still treats her as a friend. And a woman wants to feel that she's a woman, if you know what I mean. That's why I think most romances btw friends usually collapse soon. And the opposite is also true. I think most women like a man who is both her lover and her friend. And believe me, that's hard to find...harder than how you may think.
I don't know if this is your case, but it sounds to me like that. More dominant...? I think it can't be anything else.
Quote:When a girl and a guy who were friends begin to date,it's possible that he still treats her as a friend. And a woman wants to feel that she's a woman, if you know what I mean. That's why I think most romances btw friends usually collapse soon.
If you're right, and unfortunately, I think you are, that would create an incredibly thin line, at least in America, between doing what is necessary for a relationship and sexual harassment. That doesn't even account for how hard it is for a shy guy to make a move. At my gutsiest, I managed to make date plans, and I somehow managed to try for a kiss, and neither of those worked. That took everything I had, and while dominance wasn't the problem there, the discouragement is certainly going to keep me from trying anything risky like that for a while. I guess what I'm trying to say is...what the fuck is wrong with your gender? Take, if you want a slice, if you want a piece, if it feels alright.
Yeah, I know, there's your slut argument, but if there's a classy way for a guy to do it, there has to be a graceful way for a girl. Anything is better than a guy's pickup and progression lines.
I know that you saw me.
whoa that's weird I don't think I tried to get a girl I wasn't friends with and remember wise both genders have problems it's a human thing
Quote:whoa that's weird I don't think I tried to get a girl I wasn't friends with and remember wise both genders have problems it's a human thing
True, but women will admit that they're the more complicated gender, and by complicated, I think they sometimes mean hypocritical.
I know that you saw me.
I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we never got to see each other except for at work. I suppose I didn't treat her much differently when we started going out, but I was planning on taking things slower, cause in my last relationship I got burned. Females definatly confuse me though...but I know us guys confuse them too.
hmm that might be the problem and that is true