Join our server on Discord

fav bands?
Rock Side:

Grunge: Nirvana,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Puddle of mudd.

Nu-Metal: Slipknot,Limpbizkit,Hed PE,Linkin Park.

Punk: Green Day,Bowling For Soup,Zebrahead,Skinny Puppy,Iggy Pop,The Clash,Ramones,KottonMouth Kingz.

Gothic or Speed metal: Marilyn Manson,Rob Zombie,Kittie,Stone Sour.

Rap Side:

Horrorcore or Acid Rap: Insane Clown Posse,Twiztid,Blaze aka Colton Grundy,Necro,Non Phixion,Mars,Esham,Brotha Lynch Hung,Tech n9ne,Bushwick Bill,Wolfpac.

Old school: Beastie Boys,Run DMC.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:i'm neither...i like pretty much anything made after 1995 that isn't rap or hip hop, that includes both pop and dark rock...i'm even starting to be tolerent of rap and hip hop now too, give me a few years and i'll probibly like rap too...
Evil That's not right. This isn't just about what you like, not if what you like is undecided. This is a war :!: Alternative rock stations around the country are dropping like flies, being replaced by pop and laid hip-hop. It's changing the kids. Now all the whities are using smooth hip-hop slang that never should've been invented in the first place, because it sucks. It's changing the way they dress, turning them into sluts. I won't stand for my once proud suburban people being corrupted like this. The Offspring represent us the best, and they've done everything in their power to not sell out despite their fame. A.F.I. falls under their record label, and I really don't like you including them in that list.

ok....whatever you say...*backs away slowly*

i agree that the image pop gives off sucks, but i don't judge by image i judge by sound..i like christina's voice, and i like davey's voice too if i had to choose a side i would go with alternative, just because i like the loud music more...

i've learned that appearence means NOTHING the bigest goth at my school who looks scary, like she would rip off your head if you looked at her the right way, is by far the nicest person i have ever met, and my girlfriend who looks like a complete prep is a psycho, who would probibly be a perfect goth...i've noticed this in music too, Christina looks like a slut, but really whould she sleep with random men for money? she has what $40-50 million i don't think she needs to sell her body other than dance in skimpy clothes, plus would some of these punk bands really tell a cop to F**K off?or do half the things they do in their vids? probibly not

for me it goes: music first, appearence last, everything else in between.
music groups I like:

Nightwish
Rammstein
Within Temptation
Blutengel
Dir en Grey
Malize Micer

some other J-Rock groups
Quote:Christina looks like a slut, but really whould she sleep with random men for money?
No, she does that for free. That's why she's a slut and not a whore. I'm sorry I went a little nuts there. Dexter Holland's label, Nitro Records, has a reputation to maintain, and that's why your grouping really upset me. I have a personal stake in this. My local alternative station was replaced by an R&B/hip-hop station. The independent alternative station that I picked up at my university went off the air a few months ago. A year ago, when I went to a free B.E.T. comedy show, I was inflamed to find out that the white kids I was sitting with knew all of the pop/hip-hop songs that the comedians were talking about, and I didn't have a clue. When the guy did his Nelly boloney thingy, I mentioned that he must've ripped it off of Weird Al's "My Bologna", and it must've sounded pretty dorky to the girl I was sitting next to. The music affects all aspects of the youth culture. If it's suitable for who the kids are, all is right with the world. When blacks listen to rap, hip-hop, jazz, and motown, Latinos listen to hip-hop and salsa, rednecks listen to country, and other whites listen to lame pop, rock, punk, and metal, everything is cool. When the whole fucking country thinks they're urban, the youth culture goes to hell, and the music trends flow harder in the same direction, making things worse.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
that sucks that the stations were taken off... there should be more stations for alternative music(there is a total of none in prince george), but if it's any consolation rap, hip-hop, and r&b(i always forget about r&b) suck the big one, as for pop...i like it, what can i say? it sounds good, and isn't too hard on the ears, but i get that from my mom, she hates loud songs....as for harder rock, i like because well, they sound better, i would choose alternative over pop, but i would rather choose both, get the best of both worlds.
::rubs hands:: Okay, lesse what Ive got...

In no particular order of name or genre:

Static-X
Deftones
Wu-Tang Clan
System of a Down
Audioslave
Insane Clown Posse
Juno Reactor
Primus
Metallica
Guns N' Roses
50 Cent
Headrillaz
Gorillaz
Jane's Addiction
WHoever did that song 'The Double Dutch Bus'
Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Crystal Method
Ministry
Oingo Boingo
Nobuo Uematsu
Andrew WK
Cypress Hill
Beastie Boys
Peter Gabriel
Jesper Kyd
Korn
Linkin Park (to an extent)
Ozzy
Orgy
Puddle of Mudd
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
The Avalanches

aaaand thats about it for now.
Quote:No, she does that for free. That's why she's a slut and not a whore. I'm sorry I went a little nuts there. Dexter Holland's label, Nitro Records, has a reputation to maintain, and that's why your grouping really upset me. I have a personal stake in this. My local alternative station was replaced by an R&B/hip-hop station. The independent alternative station that I picked up at my university went off the air a few months ago. A year ago, when I went to a free B.E.T. comedy show, I was inflamed to find out that the white kids I was sitting with knew all of the pop/hip-hop songs that the comedians were talking about, and I didn't have a clue. When the guy did his Nelly boloney thingy, I mentioned that he must've ripped it off of Weird Al's "My Bologna", and it must've sounded pretty dorky to the girl I was sitting next to. The music affects all aspects of the youth culture. If it's suitable for who the kids are, all is right with the world. When blacks listen to rap, hip-hop, jazz, and motown, Latinos listen to hip-hop and salsa, rednecks listen to country, and other whites listen to lame pop, rock, punk, and metal, everything is cool. When the whole fucking country thinks they're urban, the youth culture goes to hell, and the music trends flow harder in the same direction, making things worse.
What makes you think that your taste in music is somehow more correct than other people's? Let everyone listen to what they want, I say. The attitude that black kids shoud stick to hip hop, white kids to rock and latinos to salsa is little more than racist. If there's any particular peace of "black" music (not that describing music by skin colour isn't completely ridiculous) I happen to like, I will listen to it, no matter what my own skin colour/social standing is, and I couldn't give less of a toss about what music someone else believes should be associated with my skin colour.
So, you don't like hip hop. I don't like it much either. But that doesn't mean your opinion is somehow worth more than everyone else's. If it's rap the people want its rape the people will have, even if -- GASP -- there are still people who don't like it, including -- DOUBLE-GASP -- you.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:3 days grace, hillary duff,kelly clarckson, avril lavigne, michelle branch, christina augulera, billy talent, AFI, fefe dobson,linkin park,good charloette, alexsisonfire, sum41, marlyn manson, simple plan, pink, nirvana, incubus, lacuna coil, nightwish, full blown rose, nelly furtado, smile empty soul, kittie, and our lady peace

i think thats all...there is probibly 20-30 more that i forgot...
What the fuck? Nirvana and A.F.I. (before "Sing The Sorrow") should never ever be on the same list as Hilary Duff, Christina Agulera (sp?), Kelly Clarkson, etc.. You can be a pop slut, or a dark rocker, but you can't be both.

hey now hold on there tho i dont quite like pop... still every one should get to have thier own oppinion and hell truth be told i dont like matalica (never heard much but didnt like what i did :\) *I listen to how well they can play and if the beat goes to the lyrics... and they cant butcher the gutar*

though on a diff. note i think i got my top ten down..

1) Arrowsmith

2)the red hot chile peppers

3) linkin park

4) simple plan

5) j5/ jurassic 5 (practaly the only rap i listen to)

6) kiss

7) puddle of mudd

8) queen

9) pink floid (dark side of the moon)

10) is a toss up between zztop and tom petty for ten
Quote:What makes you think that your taste in music is somehow more correct than other people's? Let everyone listen to what they want, I say. The attitude that black kids shoud stick to hip hop, white kids to rock and latinos to salsa is little more than racist. If there's any particular peace of "black" music (not that describing music by skin colour isn't completely ridiculous)
Your argument is sound; people should be able to listen to whatever they want. Right now, they don't have a choice. Either they listen to what the radio and their urbanized (not you, the crappy music culture) peers force upon them, or they become losers. If it was just the music, I wouldn't have a problem. Like I said though, the music affects the culture. I wouldn't even have a problem with that, except I despise seeing white kids dressing in clothes that were not designed for them, saying senseless catch-phrases that should've never left the Kentucky Fried Chicken they came from, and grind dancing to "Pony" when they should be banging their heads to "Come As You Are". That's the message, come as you are, be yourself. They're all a bunch of posers. It makes me sick, and it leaves me alone because I refuse to be a part of it. Sure, they play the field, but despite what they may tell you, they never keep it real.
Quote:So, you don't like hip hop. I don't like it much either. But that doesn't mean your opinion is somehow worth more than everyone else's. If it's rap the people want its rape the people will have
Freudian slip? You're right, that's one of the side effects when the music is all about getting laid.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
How can no one have said TooL yet? :?
Deaftones
Nirvana (I'm from washington so yeah go figure)
radiohead
pink floid
audioslave
and green day
rage aginst the machien
some robZombie

and .... bob marley