Join our server on Discord

fav bands?
yes I am a music freak... along with swords/knives/guns/cars/trucks/needles/ect ect.... short version= anything sharper than a soft boiled egg... you get the idea

anyway i like linkin park, orgy, simple plan... *sigh* mostly 90's rock or newer also like some rap but absolutly CAN NOT STAND JAZZ *cringes*
The Beatles! SCREEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!

Oh, and Barenaked Ladies, KISS, and to some extent, Marylin Manson (Not a band, but screwed up enough for several people).

It's not so much the music I respect (Which I do anyways) but the fact that these bands are fo' real, and not some corporate assemblage.
:) This could take a while. I'm going to need a sorting method. Alright, since I probably can't name them all, I'll name my favorites from each genre. These are in order of favorite to less favorite.

Grunge:
Soundgarden/Chris Cornell/Temple Of The Dog/Audioslave, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Stabbing Westward, Bush, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Soul Asylum, Puddle Of Mudd, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Punk:
The Offspring, A.F.I., Silverchair, Green Day, 311

Metal:
Metallica, Shinedown, Buckcherry, Godsmack, Powerman 5000

Metal Rap:
Rage Against The Machine, Disturbed, Korn, Drowning Pool, Linkin Park

Classic Rock:
Billy Joel, Tom Petty, R.E.M., Aerosmith, U2, Elton John, Boston, The Rolling Stones

Other:
"Weird Al" Yankovic
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I like most rock music and can't stand country or most pop but anime(game) music isn't that bad sometimes my music collection on my com is:

the song from viewtiful joe three versions(normal remix and intrumental
team dark's theme from sonic heros
shadow's theme from sonic adventure 2
kouichi's theme from frontier
eric idle's FCC song (basically a melodic F U quite funny)
both the us and japenese versions of the kingdom hearts song simple and clean (including the remixes)
a linkin park remix and song from the matrix I think 2
and the trigun end theme
so having no cds this is what I have quite varied isn't it (and no shock that some are rock)
lemme see...first off EVANESCENCE they are my favorite band ever!

3 days grace, hillary duff,kelly clarckson, avril lavigne, michelle branch, christina augulera, billy talent, AFI, fefe dobson,linkin park,good charloette, alexsisonfire, sum41, marlyn manson, simple plan, pink, nirvana, incubus, lacuna coil, nightwish, full blown rose, nelly furtado, smile empty soul, kittie, and our lady peace

i think thats all...there is probibly 20-30 more that i forgot...
Quote:3 days grace, hillary duff,kelly clarckson, avril lavigne, michelle branch, christina augulera, billy talent, AFI, fefe dobson,linkin park,good charloette, alexsisonfire, sum41, marlyn manson, simple plan, pink, nirvana, incubus, lacuna coil, nightwish, full blown rose, nelly furtado, smile empty soul, kittie, and our lady peace

i think thats all...there is probibly 20-30 more that i forgot...
What the fuck? Nirvana and A.F.I. (before "Sing The Sorrow") should never ever be on the same list as Hilary Duff, Christina Agulera (sp?), Kelly Clarkson, etc.. You can be a pop slut, or a dark rocker, but you can't be both.
I know that you saw me.
i'm neither...i like pretty much anything made after 1995 that isn't rap or hip hop, that includes both pop and dark rock...i'm even starting to be tolerent of rap and hip hop now too, give me a few years and i'll probibly like rap too...
Orbital, Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Autechre, Boards Of Canada, Ellen Allien, Kid 606, etc. I like electronic music. Doesn't seem like there's anyone else out there in the Digimon hentai community that does.

Also: Belle & Sebastian, Sonic Youth, Air, Stereolab, Bjork, Radiohead, Pavement, Buzzcocks, Beatles.

I shit on all nu-metal. Except for Linkin Park and the Mad Capsule Markets. They're pretty good. Also, all country music that's been played on CMT or anywhere on American radio at any time during the last ten years sucks. I like some country, but it's nothing like the crap that passes for music that's being pushed today. Same goes for hip-hop (stop calling it rap, people!), though there's a hell of a lot more creativity going on in the mainstream than there is in country (see Missy Elliot, Eminem, Dr. Dre, etc.).

Just getting into j-pop. Don't listen to hardly any classical, but do listen to jazz sometimes.
New bands: Rammstein and Nightwish, mostly. Rammstein because they always seem to find the right balance between hardness, harmony and rythm. Plus, some of their lyrics are actually pretty good. I hear they're marketed as a band for "I hate my mommy" teenagers in the US, which is really a shame, because they're more than that (even though they're, admittedly, not as much as some of the more hardcore fans like to think). Nightwish... just sort of sound good to me. ^^; Must be the "right mix between harmony/hardness" thing again.

There's a lot of classic rock I like too. To sum up my biggest favourites from there: The Simple Minds (a band from Scotland, had most of their successes in the late 80s AFAIK, not all of their songs are good but the ones that are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING KICK ARSE -- look out for "Hypnotized", "Up on the catwalk", "She's a river" and "Don't you forget about me"), U2 (mostly their early stuff), David Bowie (has done some pretty cool stuff, what else can I say?) and some of the late Beatles stuff (mostly stuff they did after getting hooked on drugs. I'd recommend "Helter Skelter", "Hey Bulldog" and "Get back".)

...that's it, I think. I tend to be more of a person who likes individual songs than entire bands though. ^^;
Quote:i'm neither...i like pretty much anything made after 1995 that isn't rap or hip hop, that includes both pop and dark rock...i'm even starting to be tolerent of rap and hip hop now too, give me a few years and i'll probibly like rap too...
Evil That's not right. This isn't just about what you like, not if what you like is undecided. This is a war :!: Alternative rock stations around the country are dropping like flies, being replaced by pop and laid hip-hop. It's changing the kids. Now all the whities are using smooth hip-hop slang that never should've been invented in the first place, because it sucks. It's changing the way they dress, turning them into sluts. I won't stand for my once proud suburban people being corrupted like this. The Offspring represent us quite well (I know their bio), and they've done everything in their power to not sell out despite their fame. For instance, they made every track on their latest album free for sampling (the entire tracks!) on MTV.com. A.F.I. falls under the lead singer's record label, and I really don't like you including them in that list.
I know that you saw me.