Join our server on Discord

Favorite cancelled show...
Quote:Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn.
Where have you been? Tough Crowd is still on. I just saw a new episode tonight. They made fun of Jim Norton for dressing like a gay lumberjack.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hey Wise did you ever see Extreme Ghostbusters spin-off? I didn't think it was as good as The Real Ghostbusters but as far as expanded universe goes it was pretty good. Besides they actually got the voices from the original show which always helps to link it back to the original.

And now for a bit of useless trivia:
I'm pretty sure early on the original show was at first just called The Ghostbusters then Funimation (I think that was the studio) did a rip-off show involving two guys, a gorrila, a smartass talking skull phone and a... I guess it was a possesed version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the same name. (Which I admit I watched back when it was on not realizing it was just that: A rip-off to cash in on ghostbuster popularity.) I'm pretty sure that's why the name for the original show was changed to The Real Ghostbusters around the time the second season was produced.
I knew about that, though I've always wonder why the Real Ghostbusters' producers just didn't sue over copyright infringement. Seems like they had a pretty obvious case.
Quote:I'm pretty sure early on the original show was at first just called The Ghostbusters then Funimation (I think that was the studio) did a rip-off show involving two guys, a gorrila, a smartass talking skull phone and a... I guess it was a possesed version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the same name. (Which I admit I watched back when it was on not realizing it was just that: A rip-off to cash in on ghostbuster popularity.) I'm pretty sure that's why the name for the original show was changed to The Real Ghostbusters around the time the second season was produced.
Right, the Filmation Ghostbusters came before The Real Ghostbusters, and that's why they had to be called The Real Ghostbusters. I wanted to see Extreme Ghostbusters, but I was never able to find the right time and channel. I did buy the Extreme Ghostbusters Ecto 1 and Egon figure. When The Real Ghostbusters came back briefly (to Fox Family), I taped about 8 tapes worth of episodes. I've got "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me A Dream" (written by M.J.S.), both Boogieman episodes, "Citizen Ghost" (my favorite), "Flip Side", "Knock Knock" (the pilot), "Ghosts R' Us" (the first one aired), "Ghostfight At The O.K. Corral", basically, all of the necessities.
I know that you saw me.
Cool, thanks for setting me straight on the facts for that show. Actually it makes me happy for some dumbass reason that anyone but me remembers this stuff.

I've got a bought tape that has the "Murray The Mantis" episode and "Drool the Dogfaced Goblin" and a few other misc eps on some really old tapes that don't really work well anymore (taped during the original airing on ABC Saturday morning. I wish I had some file sharing equipment so I could transfer the Extreme Ghostbusters and post them somewhere for download. I've got most of the eps on tape. I'd have all of them except that for some odd reason after they were first aired two or three eps seemed to drop off the face of the earth. When it was being played I watched the series three times straight through (getting up at five a.m.) and they were just never played again. That happens with a lot of cartoon shows actually.
Quote:I knew about that, though I've always wonder why the Real Ghostbusters' producers just didn't sue over copyright infringement. Seems like they had a pretty obvious case.

It's possible that someone that had some control over the movie rights had given Filmation the go ahead to make there own series and the actual creators of the ghostbusters concept weren't involved in that decision. Then since it was legal they really couldn't do anything about it. That'd really chap my ass to have something I came up with suddenly turned into what Filmation did to it.
Quote:It's possible that someone that had some control over the movie rights had given Filmation the go ahead to make there own series and the actual creators of the ghostbusters concept weren't involved in that decision. Then since it was legal they really couldn't do anything about it.
That's a pretty good theory. Aykroyd came up with most of the concepts. I doubt that he'd let something like that happen. I've heard him in interviews; he really loved that movie, and he really believes in ghosts, really. :shock:
I know that you saw me.
ghosts? doesn't seem weird