Join our server on Discord

This is so fucking depressing.
Quote:Well, that's what the good authors and artists do. Some authors put out the literary equivalent to stick figures. I doubt that they put too much of themselves into those. I put plenty of my own emotions and experiences into my writing.

I feel the exact same way. I've been known on occation to delete a twenty-thirty page fic just because I began to suspect it sucked. I could have gone back through it and fixed what was really wrong with it but I felt that if one part was bad odds are the rest blew too so might as well scrap the project and start from scratch. If a fic doesn't have that certain something that I feel people (or at least I) can empathize with I feel like it's a complete waste of space.
any artictic thing is hard look at me I only do little recaps for a tv show and I can hardly draw only edit gifs/sprites and it's hard sometimes so just keep trying and wise do you really want to be know as my weird guy friend cause currently the weird one's weirder than you
I was just kidding about the library. I'm brash, but never without a real purpose.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hey guys.
Quote:Well I just write it in here coz I know you will check the topic again, Zephyr, but you remember the Impmon thing? Well I will do it and it will be pleasuring.
Yeah... after all the time you're taking ,it better be pleasuring. (Just kidding :P .But I'm not sure about how much you like writing... I mean, you're either too perfectionist or you do prefer to do other things.)

Quote:Well, that's what the good authors and artists do. Some authors put out the literary equivalent to stick figures. I doubt that they put too much of themselves into those. I put plenty of my own emotions and experiences into my writing. Similarly, I also do some cartooning, it's nowhere near your level, but I put my own basic body proportions into my characters. I give them bold features (sharp teeth, claws, muscles, hard stares, etc.). The point is, for any kind of work, to even be considered for greatness, you have to have something that makes your work distinctive and persona
We might think that way, but most people think I'm a sicko for doing that, starting from my mother. Whenever I talk about an anime chara, she tells me: 'He's a chara!' 'He's a chara, so don't talk about him like if he was real!' 'Understand, he's a chara!' She especially hates Beelzemon: she says he's scary and evil-looking and won't budge no matter how many times I tell her that the winged shape is good...and that I do understand he's a chara (But I can still dream, can't I?). And BTW, she likes Gallantmon -_-U .

Quote:Clearly, you're not familiar with my work, otherwise you'd know that I wasn't being sarcastic. I think my brand of alternative rock inspired dialogue has more "fucking"'s per page than any other author's.
That's right. Guy-oriented het is something that doesn't call me. Even girl-oriented het rarely caters to my taste.

Quote:zeph while I don't like yaoi the parts I see are well drawn do you paint oh and hold on here's a lesson of the use of the F word http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fwordflash.html
Quote:I wish I hadn't clicked on that link and watched that movie. It wasn't exactly funny. It was stuff I already knew, but in its explanation, it took some of the magic and power out of the word. Now I'm f****** depressed. No, I'll make it magical again. I'll go to the children's section of my public library, and as loudly as possible...
I'm kinda scared to click on that link....
Oh,and sth I forgot:
Quote:In defense of the non-commenters, sometimes it's hard to find the right words, and sometimes you just don't feel like typing them.
Right, but some they do type ,and a lot, on other people's crap. That was my main point here.
*sigh* No answers.. You must indeed think I'm a sicko.
no answers where? if it's anywhere but the yaoi forum I'll reply
Quote:Yeah... after all the time you're taking ,it better be pleasuring. (Just kidding .But I'm not sure about how much you like writing... I mean, you're either too perfectionist or you do prefer to do other things.)

well I like writing but lately I was often very busy with different things. The story is halfway done, well more the plot things are done. And yeah, I am mostly afraid that I fail with my limited skill with English which makes me to a slow worker and very shy to release anything...
....I have something to tell you.
I've been looking back in my mind, looking for the origin of this problem. The problem was me.
I've looked in my motivation: Why do I post? For the comments? No, I want the people to see my work, that's all. Cuz I like it and I'm proud of it. I want people to experience what I've felt when I did them. I try to make beautiful pics, and I hope people enjoy the beauty I try to put in them. I love the comments, and I'm grateful for all of them, but it's not for the comments that I'm into this.
....now, can I ask you a favor?
If I ever start ranting about this again, can you please remind me of this post?
Because what I wrote here is my true way.
Please?
ok I'll remember that then and your art is good it's well painted and you don't really see that much
Geez im sorry for how late i posted this reply but im not a big fan of forums and dont use to visit em so often but i think it will be a little help if i tell u something. I found DaD when i was 14 years old and i started watching all the cool stuff thats in the site... I like drawing, so i decided to start up sending some stuff... (that was 2 years ago) So well i started up sending some pics that i made with lots of work and dedication hehehe. And all i could get were CRAPPY comments, just like the 1% of the comments were things like "well you should practice more" or "perhaps the next time", even a guy posted this: "Oh guys you are so cruel, let the dude get experience and stuff i know he still needs to practice a lot..." And well that hurts a little bit, to recieve nothing but bad comments. I first felt sad, but after some minutes i felt different... i felt a little angry and thought this: "Ok you fucking people, you will see how good i can become and u bastards will like my fucking art sometime!!! And u wont even remember my crappy work ever!" So there... i can say it helped me a lot, it encouraged me to work hard and practice, practice and practice... Now i must say i improved a LOT!! i take a look to my old pics and i Laugh my ass off. So dude please dont let that thing bother u... take it the other way, think "Ok you bastards, im gonna become better and you will like my art" cuz what really makes a good artist is his or her capacity to improve all the time learning by his mistakes and shit. And just listen to this: there are a lot of Stupid blind people that cant appreciate art. Well i dont wanna say im a really great artist but well i dont think im a bad one either... I dont even know if i have seen your work, u must have it over there on the site, i have mine over there on the site too, if ya wanna c, my name over there is ZIK (you dont have to go anyway and dont dare to go if you dont like yaoi hehehehe). I understand how u feel, you feel disappointed for the lack of comments and most of the comments u get arent what u expect, but dont let that bring you down, peeps here treated me like a big pile of shit and i didnt let it bring me down, by the other way, i used all the shit against me to become better. SO i wish u good luck dude and hope to c more of ur work around there. (buy a scanner whenever u can eh eh eh) I hope u check again this topic cuz if u dont... well im gonna get sad cuz i really wrote a lot of stupid crap over here. :-p