Join our server on Discord

This is so fucking depressing.
Hey.I don 't like to rant much,but I'm really pissed about this.
As most of you know,I like to draw and people tell me I'm good at it.I can't do much posting,cuz I have to scan at cybercafes and such,so I try to give my best while posting.Actually,I try to give my best at every pic I draw.That is a challenge,and challenges are the excitement of life.
But then again,I find it so absolutely depressing that my pics get comments from few people around,and some are like :'not so bad';'good pic' and the like.Not that I am complaining,but then I see just next to me people who draw a pencil doodle and gets comments like 'You're absolutely great whatever you draw!' 'You're definitely one of the best artists I've seen!' and such.And boy,I'm usually generous when it comes to commenting,so you can't say they do to me what I do to others.And I 've seen many of these people who never comment anybody's pic,so that people is not returning anyone's favor either.
Ah well,guess it might be my usually rotten luck.But boy it sure lets me down.I'm very grateful to all comments I've had,but I've always wondered why I scan my best stuff and get a few comments while others put any crap and lots of people love it.
Wouldn't you feel like crap in my case?I really don't think I'm being unfair in any way.Though I really shouldn't compare to others,I'm mad!
Hmm, since I am one of the repliers it seems to be my fault too.
Well I really like your pictures, but I never reply in a way like you mentioned. I use to say what I think, and when something is crap I will tell it.
I say, I couldn't draw like you in no ways and so I think you can be proud of your pictures. Well I will try to make more suiting comments in the future.
And don't take it personal when others get comments like "awesome" they are just friends then, though I know it is depressing.
But I know such feelings, since my lemon I did get compared to "Se la Veemon". It's fine to hear how much crap your work is compared to the one of the great authors. (no offence against Jodan, btw. he is really a good author)
But I hope you get my point. I am still not really ready to show anyone of my works. Maybe my story but not on the DAD, coz a non yiffy one doesn't belong here. But I might do a Beelzemon/Gallantmon one soon with a scene of Impmon inside too...

Well I just want to say, keep on your work and I know I appreciate it and make much better comments in the future.
*shakes head*No,no,AV,there's absolutely nothing for you to amend.I didn't mean it that way.You sure are one of my most faithful fans,and I like you just the way you are.My basic point here is: I upload my best,and get few comments; other people scans crap,and lots of people tells them they're geniuses(You must have realized by now that I am talking about a certain someone). I hate forcing people to do things,and even if I asked for nicer comments, would that make anything better? That's sth that must come from the people's hearts,not forced cuz they think they must.
And like I said,I am grateful to all the people who comment.But I have noticed that whenever I post a pic,I get about 100 visits in the first days.Either these people are there to laugh at my work,or they enjoy it without even telling me a thing.

Quote:But I know such feelings, since my lemon I did get compared to "Se la Veemon". It's fine to hear how much crap your work is compared to the one of the great authors. (no offence against Jodan, btw. he is really a good author)
Boy,that's horrible.When I comment on people's work,I always keep in mind the skill level.If a vet artist/author puts crap,that should be blamed.If a novice one messes up,that can be forgiven.But a vet artist that scans doodles just for the heck of it,it's inforgivable(People are wishing to see good stuff and they meet THAT...though in sb's case seems to be forgiven Evil )
Ohhhh....anyway,we could be chatting for hours about this....but thank you for trying to make me feel better.Please don't feel any guilt from what I said,cuz I didn't mean it for you.Just remaining the way you are is the best you can do for me.
you're art is well drawn but I try not to look at it too much (seeing as itis mostly guys sorry) bt it is pretty good anyway
I just avoid the Artist's section altogether, because I might see something that I didn't want to see, but I know how you feel. I just put up a teaser for a lemon that I spent 400 hours writing and proofreading (I have O.C.D. with my writing), and so far UnknownH is the only one who's given me a comment. Then again, Lord Archive also put something up, and he hasn't gotten anything, so I guess I should be grateful. In defense of the non-commenters, sometimes it's hard to find the right words, and sometimes you just don't feel like typing them.

Alright, I have occasionally ventured into the Artist's section, and I've seen a few of your drawings. I think they're very good. I'll agree that Beelzemon is pretty cool, and your style, mostly your use of pastels (the shades, not the utensils), captures him in a very unique way. He looks less crude and cartoonish. He looks grander, like he's destined for something great. In fact, I'd say the pictures most closely resemble something out of a Greek mythology book for children (I'm not a Bible person). It took me a while to come up with the words for these comments, and I'm only saying them once, so if you think they suit you, feel free to copy and paste into a document of comments. That's what I'm doing with my writing comments.

I fucking appreciate the unnecessary expletive in your topic title.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hmmm...reading Unknown H's tells me that people would like my stuff better if I drew girls or hetero stuff....I only do that at my comics,but they're just drawings, not paintings.

Quote:I just avoid the Artist's section altogether, because I might see something that I didn't want to see, but I know how you feel. I just put up a teaser for a lemon that I spent 400 hours writing and proofreading (I have O.C.D. with my writing), and so far UnknownH is the only one who's given me a comment. Then again, Lord Archive also put something up, and he hasn't gotten anything, so I guess I should be grateful. In defense of the non-commenters, sometimes it's hard to find the right words, and sometimes you just don't feel like typing them.
Well, I avoid the Author's section for the same reason. I like yaoi,so I know that every yaoi is gonna end up in Reverse Parallels,so I just look there.
When I comment,I just write the first things that come to my mind when I look at the pic. Is that so difficult?

Quote:Alright, I have occasionally ventured into the Artist's section, and I've seen a few of your drawings. I think they're very good. I'll agree that Beelzemon is pretty cool, and your style, mostly your use of pastels (the shades, not the utensils), captures him in a very unique way. He looks less crude and cartoonish. He looks grander, like he's destined for something great. In fact, I'd say the pictures most closely resemble something out of a Greek mythology book for children (I'm not a Bible person). It took me a while to come up with the words for these comments, and I'm only saying them once, so if you think they suit you, feel free to copy and paste into a document of comments. That's what I'm doing with my writing comments.
Oh,thank you. They're really nice words, but they're for myself, so I don't mind where are posted. I think he might look nobler cuz it's seen through the vision of my love (artists and authors reshape the world mixing the reality with their own soul....That's why I talk of a chara as if he was a real person O_o ).

Quote:I fucking appreciate the unnecessary expletive in your topic title.
You're fucking welcome. Though I fucking know it's fucking unnecesary, it's a word I fucking like to use fucking regularly. I'm fucking sorry if it offended you.
*pats on Wisemon
well, I don't mind Yaoi. I don't see anything wrong with it. ^^

Well I just write it in here coz I know you will check the topic again, Zephyr, but you remember the Impmon thing? Well I will do it and it will be pleasuring.

Yeah it is an yaoi one, so deal with it, for those who hate the stuff. Nobody will force to read it.
Quote:I'm fucking sorry if it offended you.
Clearly, you're not familiar with my work, otherwise you'd know that I wasn't being sarcastic. I think my brand of alternative rock inspired dialogue has more "fucking"'s per page than any other author's.
Quote:artists and authors reshape the world mixing the reality with their own soul....That's why I talk of a chara as if he was a real person
Well, that's what the good authors and artists do. Some authors put out the literary equivalent to stick figures. I doubt that they put too much of themselves into those. I put plenty of my own emotions and experiences into my writing. Similarly, I also do some cartooning, it's nowhere near your level, but I put my own basic body proportions into my characters. I give them bold features (sharp teeth, claws, muscles, hard stares, etc.). The point is, for any kind of work, to even be considered for greatness, you have to have something that makes your work distinctive and personal.
I know that you saw me.
zeph while I don't like yaoi the parts I see are well drawn do you paint oh and hold on here's a lesson of the use of the F word http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fwordflash.html
I wish I hadn't clicked on that link and watched that movie. It wasn't exactly funny. It was stuff I already knew, but in its explanation, it took some of the magic and power out of the word. Now I'm f****** depressed. No, I'll make it magical again. I'll go to the children's section of my public library, and as loudly as possible...
I know that you saw me.