Join our server on Discord

A Loss For Bush
Wisemon Wrote:That's true; I think I heard that about 90% of them aren't terrorists, but that doesn't mean that they're guilt-free. The army didn't just arrest random people with beards. They arrested random people with beards and guns. Then they arrested the random people who knew the random people with beards and guns. lol

If it were illegal for an American to own a gun, then Bush would lose at least 30% of his support base.

Quote:We are trying to help there little shit hole of a nastion and in return they are cutting the head's off non military US citiens!

Once again, Tank, you're showing a complete ignorance of current events. Once again, the detainees at Guantanamo are US citizens. The majority of them aren't even from Iraq. Dude, just stick to watching the Cartoon Network.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that it is only a minority of Iraqis who are actually kidnapping and beheading Americans. It's true that there is wide-spread resentment among the general populace (because this is the third or fourth time they've been invaded within the past 200 years), but the majority of Iraqi citizens just want for the occupying forces to stop treating them like children who need to be watched over constantly.
Here's the way I look at it. We're having a war. They are people, willing to blow themselves up, just so they can "die for a Alla." Tell me...you're talking about a people that would "willingly" kill themselves, just so they can drawback on us. Tell me...do you really think we should be worried? They're alive. Easy as that. Far as I know, they haven't even been tortured. Detained, yes, but not tortured.

They're may be innocents, but if they are innocents, then they should have nothing to worry about. Especially when they know that the true terrorists who are in there with them will eventually be confirmed guilty. Maybe not all of them, but at least a good part of them. So tell me...how is what we're doing wrong? Yes, we may be holding them against their will, but it is a neccessary procedure. If the one's in there haven't done anything wrong, then they will be weeded out and released back into society. It's as easy as that.
Quote:Dude, Tank was talking about people who become terrorists, and I think you know that. Don't throw the "Racism" label around willy nilly like that.
I think urban's right. I recall somebody thinking that Reagan was a great man. Any avid fan of Reagan is a fan of racism. The guy actively wanted to keep down minorities.

Quote:They're may be innocents, but if they are innocents, then they should have nothing to worry about.
That's possibly the most na
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Angeteen Wrote:Here's the way I look at it. We're having a war. They are people, willing to blow themselves up, just so they can "die for a Alla." Tell me...you're talking about a people that would "willingly" kill themselves, just so they can drawback on us. Tell me...do you really think we should be worried? They're alive. Easy as that. Far as I know, they haven't even been tortured. Detained, yes, but not tortured.

They're being held at a "camp". That ought to be the first clue that something is horribly wrong. And they're being denied all the benefits of the Constitution and the Geneva Convention. And, as we learned from the Abu Ghraib scandal, the government's not going to be honest if there are abuses happening at Camp X-Ray. And being alive doesn't count for much in these cases. Think of all the Jews that the Allied forces liberated at the end of WWII. They were alive, but that doesn't mean they were okay.

Angeteen Wrote:They're may be innocents, but if they are innocents, then they should have nothing to worry about. Especially when they know that the true terrorists who are in there with them will eventually be confirmed guilty. Maybe not all of them, but at least a good part of them. So tell me...how is what we're doing wrong? Yes, we may be holding them against their will, but it is a neccessary procedure. If the one's in there haven't done anything wrong, then they will be weeded out and released back into society. It's as easy as that.

Released? These are guys being held under the orders of Bush, the same man who turned Texas into the Prison capitol of the US. Their lives are in the hands of a man who has, throughout his presidency, shown an utter disregard for human life. He'll send people off to die halfway across the world, and will actually ignore the Geneva Convention. Face it. Unless Bush is stopped, we're all screwed.
funny I thought bush was screwed now
Quote:Dude, Tank was talking about people who become terrorists, and I think you know that. Don't throw the "Racism" label around willy nilly like that.

Yes I was!

I wasn't talking about the people there!

I was talking about the poeple that are the ones aganst the changes in that nastion!

We are trying to bring peace to these people and a better way of life with freedoms!

Before they had no freedoms and now that we try to help them all they can do is want to kill us!

Tell me how much scene that makes?
Evil Twisted

Bush had a loss from the beginning. Giving Iraq its power back? Oh boy thats gonna last a "long" time... Prisoners held hostage still. Makes no sense at all. Can't change some things I guess. Americas always got to be screwing with someone. Or atleast it seems that way. :?
I don't like throwing labels around willy nilly either, but "their little shit hole of a nation" did sound pretty racist to me. Plus, there's this: "And now I am supost to feel bad about they hardship in a jail thats not even in US boraders?" Tank Cop obviously assumes that only people with a US passport are worthy of his sympathy and concern.

Quote:Tough I don't beleive for a second Bush went into Iraq for altruistic reasons, I still find the terrorst response disgusting, particularily since they're now turning on the natives of the land who are just trying to get thier lives back in order.
Quote:ush had a loss from the beginning. Giving Iraq its power back? Oh boy thats gonna last a "long" time... Prisoners held hostage still. Makes no sense at all. Can't change some things I guess. Americas always got to be screwing with someone. Or atleast it seems that way. :?
For some reason, everybody seems to be talking about Iraq now. I'm not exactly sure why. This is about the detainees at Guantanamo, right? Well, most of them are there, AFAIK, for being involved with that lil' place called Afghanistan -- y'know, the *other* one with bearded men and shrouded women. Iraqi detainees are, to my knowledge, mostly being kept in -- Iraq.

Quote:We are trying to bring peace to these people and a better way of life with freedoms!

Before they had no freedoms and now that we try to help them all they can do is want to kill us!

Tell me how much scene that makes?
It's you that's not making any "scene". I'm not even sure which "nastion" you're on about, Afghanistan or Iraq, but in neither case was the reason for attacking them "to bring them peace and a better way of life with freedoms". Afghanistan was attacked to catch Bin Laden, and the official reason to attack Iraq was to get rid of their weapons of mass destruction. Peace and a "better" way of life doesn't enter in to it. The thought that our way of life is best and all the others are inferior is pretty arrogant, too.
...oh, and it's "nation", not "nastion". Usually I'd put something like this off as a typo, but you've made this mistake every time you've used the word -- three times in two different posts.

Quote:They're may be innocents, but if they are innocents, then they should have nothing to worry about.

If the one's in there haven't done anything wrong, then they will be weeded out and released back into society. It's as easy as that.
...soooooo basically what you're saying is that the time in between their arrest and their release doesn't matter much, as long as they do get released. Well by that logic, all the jews that survived the concentration camps and were freed at the end of WW2 should've stopped their whining ages ago. After all, they were alive and released back into society. Who cares about the time before they were released, right? :?

Quote:So tell me...how is what we're doing wrong? Yes, we may be holding them against their will, but it is a neccessary procedure.
You fail to see the actual problem. It's not holding them that's the big issue here. If you're at war, you're gonna have prisoners of war -- it's fucked up, but I can accept that. BUT! These people are not only held, THEY'RE BEING DENIED ALL THE RIGHTS GRANTED TO THEM BY THE CONSTITUTION AND THE GENEVA CONVENTION!

Some time ago, some people came together and said "Okay guys, let's forget about all this hitting each other over the head with clubs, we'll be civilised from now on. Let's write some laws that will grant everybody some justice, some equality, some common decency. Let's be civilised and make the world less fucked up." So, they wrote some documents to keep people from being too unjust to each other. And in most cases, this worked fine.

But what we have here is Bush coming along and saying: "Ah, fuck them common decencies and stuff, y'all. We'll just a-lock them sand niggers up and do whatever we like. Never mind that we're complainin' the hell out of them Iraqers for violating the Geneva constitution while a-doin' it ourselves as much as we like. 'cause, after all, we're better than everybody else and we can do whatever we want. Yee-haw!"

THAT is the problem. Bush violating and thus putting down these basic laws of civilisation. It's not just infuriatingly hipocritical (sp?), it's also dangerous because it re-establishes the old Machiavellian idea that human decency doesn't matter on the playing field of international politics, but that you can do whatever you want to the guy next to you -- as long as you're stronger than him. *That's* what's so incredibly fucked up here.
I hate to sound self-centered, but nobody wants to comment on what I said? I guess my Bush backing microcosm wasn't remotely entertaining or offensive to anybody.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Weeeelll, since you asked:

I think trying to define traits by association is really poor reasoning. Saying that people who like Reagan are racist because he might have been (Which is scary considering his approval rating) is like saying that 90% of physchologists are woman-hating drug-fiends for their reverence of Freud.