Join our server on Discord

A Loss For Bush
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5316401/

In a major blow to the Bush administration, the Supreme Court has declared that the detainees at Guantanamo have the right to challenge their imprisonment. This comes as a sharp blow for the Bush Administration, which has claimed that allowing the detainees access to lawyers "posed a threat to the president's power to wage war as he sees fit." Oh really? How awful!

On the downside, however, the detainees at Abu Ghraib cannot be granted the same rights because they are being held outside the SC's jurisdiction. But we're getting there.
Well, that's good...and bad.

On the one hand, it can finally be sorted out who really deserves to be in that prison. On the other, there might be terrorists using slick lawyers to beat the rap.

Well, such is the dillema of the democratic justice system.
I think you know where I stand politically, but even I see this as somewhat of a bad thing. Lawyers make almost every situation worse. Even if many of the prisoners aren't necessarily terrorists, at the very least, most of them were shooting (or would've been shooting) at our troops. I think that's enough to hold them.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
now we have to find some honest lawyers then it might work
Oh come on, this definitely isn't getting worse here! I don't like the idea of getting lawyers involved, but it's still a step in the right direction! Now these people are actually getting a chance for some -- gasp -- human rights!

I'm *very* happy about this. :D
Wisemon Wrote:I think you know where I stand politically, but even I see this as somewhat of a bad thing. Lawyers make almost every situation worse. Even if many of the prisoners aren't necessarily terrorists, at the very least, most of them were shooting (or would've been shooting) at our troops. I think that's enough to hold them.

Dude, this isn't Abu Ghraib we're talking about. It's Guantanamo Bay. Chances are, few among them actually committed a terrorist act.
Quote:Dude, this isn't Abu Ghraib we're talking about. It's Guantanamo Bay. Chances are, few among them actually committed a terrorist act.
That's true; I think I heard that about 90% of them aren't terrorists, but that doesn't mean that they're guilt-free. The army didn't just arrest random people with beards. They arrested random people with beards and guns. Then they arrested the random people who knew the random people with beards and guns. lol
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I say that there are all lucky to still be alive!

I mean if this was any other nastion those poeple would have all been killed by now!

What we have done to them they wouldn't think for a minute not to do worse to us!

We are trying to help there little shit hole of a nastion and in return they are cutting the head's off non military US citiens!

And now I am supost to feel bad about they hardship in a jail thats not even in US boraders?

Sorry to get so harsh but I can't feel anything but hate for these people that in my eyes don't deserve to live! Evil
Hurray for racism, eh, Tank Cop? :x Well, maybe I missed something, buuuuuuut... Just how did America try to help their "little shit hole of a nastion"? >_>
Dude, Tank was talking about people who become terrorists, and I think you know that. Don't throw the "Racism" label around willy nilly like that.

Tough I don't beleive for a second Bush went into Iraq for altruistic reasons, I still find the terrorst response disgusting, particularily since they're now turning on the natives of the land who are just trying to get thier lives back in order.