Join our server on Discord

Is this a good thing?
*Sighs* I guess it might not be that bad when every puts it there own way, but I still don't like it much. I mean, it's not just the CG deal but...aren't the writers forgetting something? @_@

For four seasons now, they've been shoving the whole "Digimon and humans MUST work together" down our throats. For them to go and totally destroy that seems a bit strange on their part. But I guess they'll do anything to get their rantings back...
Each Digital World is different, and I happen to believe X-Evolution will be based on the Chronicle Manga, which means there probably WILL be at least two kids with Partner Digimon.

The fact that the information given so far about Diigmon X-Evolution was identical to the information given for Chronicle (Digital World created and maintained by Yggdrasil, which decided to delete Digimon to make a new Digital World) strongly points to this -- It may even be something similar to the .hack series, where the manga and animation supplement each other.

Right now I wonder, though, what should be made of the pic with a Leomon. So far the "odd" seasons have had a Leomon appear, so this may strongly indicate that X-Evolution will be the fifth season of Digimon. However, being completely CG raises the costs for pruducing the show, so it might also only be a OAV release.

We will find out more when the information comes, I suppose.
nate man, thats just being a dumbass.

chiaka (Writer for tamers) liked leomon and wanted to put him in tamers.

the fact that there is a picture of leomon means nothing.

thats just more dumbass fanboy conjecture.

and there IS NO season 5, this is a movie. it was announced a week ago so you people need to stop talking about 'how its gonna happen' its not known, and it wont be for awile, deal with it
Quote:and there IS NO season 5, this is a movie. it was announced a week ago so you people need to stop talking about 'how its gonna happen' its not known, and it wont be for awile, deal with it

I already had a hunch this was nothing more than 1. An OAV or 2. A movie. But even if nothing's known about it, that doesn't mean we can't wonder. x.-;

Besides, this is the newest digimon info out. Unless we use this, what else can we really talk about concerning digimon today? I mean, not trying to make it rude, but Frontier ended a very long time ago, so their isn't much stuff happening today.
First off: Coincidence or not, the fact remains that of the seasons we've had, 1 and 3 had Leomon. Secondly, I do not make "dumbass" conjectures, I make "smartass" conjectures, when I bother to make conjectures at all.

Now look here: One article says X-Evolution is an ANIMATION, it does not specify "movie", or "oav" or "series", simply animation, which is a large window for what it could be in specific. I have read this article, in the original before reading it translated, and I know what I am saying.

I have also read the article which defines it as "a full-length feature", or a movie. That is only a translated article.

Here's what I read originally (well, translated, but here it is):

Quote:Bandai to start new DIGITAL MONSTER project with full CG anime and game software for 2005.

Bandai has announced a new project for their DIGITAL MONSTER characters. At the project's center is "Digital Moster: X-Evolution" a new anime to be released in 2005.

"Digital Monster: X-Evolution" is a full CG created animation. The creators include Hiroyuki Kakudou (director of tv shows "Digimon Adventure" and "Digimon Adventure 02") as director, with Kazunori Itou (who worked on "Gamera" and ".hack") and Miwa Kawasaki (in charge of novelisarition for ".hack" and the script for "Air Master") as scriptwriters. Created entirely in CG, it will focus on "Digimon's" "digital" aspect.

Along with this animation new game software, cards, figures and such will be released. Nothing definite has been revealed about these, but a game based on "X-Evolution" will likely be released in 2005.

Maybe I misread it (my Japanese is not perfect), but my translation there doesn't exactly define it as a "full-length CG animation" but as a "full-CG animation". So it's possible that it MAY BE a TV anime, a movie, or an OAV series. It is clear, however, that Bandai hopes to jumpstart the market for Digimon with a flood of new merchandise next year, starting with the anime "Digital Monster: X-Evolution".

Now to comment on earlier people's words about how well season four of Digimon did -- it was performing as well or better than "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters" as it reached the last few episodes in Japan. Granted, those weren't the highest rated shows at the time, but the fact that in Japan it was about as popular as Yu-Gi-Oh may say something about how it did here. In Japan, Digimon held the 8:30 Sunday AM timeslot for about four full years, give or take a few weeks, and other than the late part of Tamers and beginning of Frontier, it held itself up in the ratings.

In America, Digimon came in at a bad time -- shortly before the first Pokemon movie, we started to see Digimon, and many people called it a rip-off or clone of Pokemon. Though I don't like to admit it, I was among those people. I initially refused to watch the show, and ended up watching it in reruns that winter on Fox Family (now ABC Family) while I was in Florida for a vacation. Seeing the File Island arc is what caught my interest, because these kids were out of place in the Digimon World, and the episodes actually had smooth continuity, which surprised me. I thought at the time all Japanese cartoons were like Pokemon, and so I got really interested in the series...

Anyhow, what ended up happening: After Disney acquired it, UPN aired it at whatever time the local station felt like, and then Disney put it on at 7 AM weekdays, on ABC Family. Here Digimon was on our Fox (lucky that was our UPN affiliate, I guess) at 6 AM, when no children in their right minds are up on a weekday. 7 AM is hardly any better, but at least it shows the effort to try and accomodate a kids show to a kids time. It almost airs zat a reasonable time now, except still -- kids like to sleep inon Saturday, because there are so few good Saturday Morning Cartoons anymore. I'm almost ashamed of what's happened since the days of Ninja Turtles and the like, but I can't do anything about it.

Ah well, a sigh for the days gone by is all I can give, for they are past and shall never hear me again.
well first off if anyone is a little confused they only stated this will be a full length CG movie not a seriers, but then again depending on how well htis is received but the viwers it could become a series. The questions is would such a series be welcome if its full CG?. Also what digimon should be in it? should we have some of the familiar digimon or should they jsut do something entierly by creating new unique digimon?.

Also question to Koibito, you pic there by your posdt of M
I doubt they'll make a full CG series. If they do, it won't be that long of a series (maybe 18 episodes at the most) because CG takes longer to do.

And the image is from the episode 348 "Tag Battle! Satoshi VS. Haruka?!" The image however, was altered just enough to make it look like they're about to kiss.
[quote]Technically there were humans if you count the Neanderthals in a few episodes of Beast Wars, but that
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
True, but they'd eventually evolve into humans. lol Actually my point was that they didn't look too bad for human-like characters.

Anyway this reference maybe obscure as hell but does anyone remember that Bonkers show that Disney did years ago? Well if you don't it was about a toon bobcat that joined the police force after his career went down the drain. In the show the humans subtly had a little less color content than the toons.

What I'm getting at is that if the did do a CG series with children (OAV, movie or otherwise) it may be good to give them a little bit of a visual difference than the digimon. Maybe by being subtly cel-shaded in the way Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner was done. (Main game not the anime cutscenes.) That way it gives the animators a bit of leeway in how to animate the children and avoid the "shiny" problems that come up with a lot of CG. This way it also emphasizes the point that the humans are from another plain of existence.

Otherwise I'd like to point out that Square has had success with photo-realistic people in The Spirits Within and Advent Children and the humans on Shrek, while not exactly photo-realistic did look really good so if there are humans in this new project then it might not be so bad if they're careful.
Quote:Anyway this reference maybe obscure as hell but does anyone remember that Bonkers show that Disney did years ago? Well if you don't it was about a toon bobcat that joined the police force after his career went down the drain. In the show the humans subtly had a little less color content than the toons.
Hey, I remember that show. I think Sippowitz was based on Bonkers' partner.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against