Join our server on Discord

Does music inspire your stories?
I listen to a lot of rap...

I do use music to help me write. The lyrics are not what help me directly, but rather the mood set by the BGM. For example, when I'm feeling like writing a mushy/intimate scene I listen to "Chingy - One Call Away" (I really wanna make out to that song, it really is a turn on...). When I want to write an action scene I'll turn on some Full Mode by N.O.R.E or anything else with a strong beat.
Quote:I listen to a lot of rap...

I do use music to help me write. The lyrics are not what help me directly, but rather the mood set by the BGM. For example, when I'm feeling like writing a mushy/intimate scene I listen to "Chingy - One Call Away" (I really wanna make out to that song, it really is a turn on...). When I want to write an action scene I'll turn on some Full Mode by N.O.R.E or anything else with a strong beat.
Sorry pal, but unless you're talking old school or metal rap, which you aren't, I think I can speak for everybody on this site when I say that rap, especially romantic rap, is very much hated around here.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hmm. I prefer compositions rather than songs. As I said, Uematsu is a good composer in my books, as is one called Jarre. However, it all depends on the tune, and also the words have an impact as well, as long as I can hear them clearly, not mumbled or screamed.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:I listen to a lot of rap...

Sorry pal, but unless you're talking old school or metal rap, which you aren't, I think I can speak for everybody on this site when I say that rap, especially romantic rap, is very much hated around here.

yeah I'm not a real big fan of it (I usally turn that chingy song)
Music's a definate insperation for my lemons. Unfortunatly I havn't posted one here in about a year and the one I did post I wrote while I was driking so it's not all that great. I just finished writing a lemon for www.yiffstar.com that was inspired while listening to behind blue eyes by the who. Ps if you do check out yiffstar I'm darkmole just to let ya'll know. There are also some pretty damn good writers that I'm trying to get to come to the DaD.
Nate Hunter Wrote:Definitely. My latest big project, "Digimon: Through the Looking Glass" starts by the power of music -- namely a popular song which hadn't been recorded at the time the story takes place. Taichi wakes up to HIKARI, the theme from Kingdom Hearts (sung by Hikaru Utada, who has a beautiful voice). Genki's evolution is driven by a three of pieces, Run Around (Season 2 Dub), Bohemian Rhapsody, and Nobuo Uematsu's "Other World" (Zanarkand Blitz Theme from FFX), reflecting the mood during various parts of the scene in which Genki tries to lead Kabuterimon in a chase (Run Around), turns to find Kabuterimon still attacking Yamato (Bohemian Rhapsody, the beginning of the song), to his rage-filled assault of Kabuterimoon (Other World), then the end (Bohemian Rhapsody again).

I can, given the right song, write almost any mood or setting. I use a variety of music, mostly Japanese stuff and old school rock and roll, but some other stuff as well. My selection helps me when I get a little blocked up on my ideas or even just scenes.

I find this quite interesting, because I've started writing a series that involves links to music files in the storyline as well (ah the power of writing in .htm files).

This series is actually more like a "Season 1 Continued" thing where, assuming 02 with Davis etc never happened, the original 8 kids are forced back into battle with with the reborn evil forces in the Digital World.

I must admit I didn't think of the music idea on my own, I've read another amazing fic for another series where the author used this method which I found quite powerful. I'm planning on posting maybe a third of chapter 1 here so I can hook some people into waiting for it because I think it's going to be great.

This should be a good sign since I normally think my writing is horrible, but I've got this entire series (easily enough if written into 30 minute episodes to fill a season, I am an avid Digimon Season 1 fanatic) pre-planned.

I got off topic there yes, but I believe that music is a powerful thing when used with writing. Music makes or breaks the mood for written work I've realized lately. I love the music in Season 1, and some of Season 2 which I'm going to incorporate into the series I'm writing at the correct times.

That being said, if someone could just point me to a nice collection of Digimon Season 1 music I'd be appreciative as I only currently have the Opening theme.