Join our server on Discord

"Angsty Teen's" and my hate of them...
Dude, I couldn't agree more.
Quote:Really, even the fact that you have a computer is a give-away. Unless you have something horrible, like a sister addicted to crack, and a mother and father who beat you with a shovel every night, it's looking to be China, Africa, India, Mexico, Middle East, Russia (and countries surrounding it), and people in ghettos in other non-predomenently poor countries by a long shot.
There are different kinds of hardships. I'm not poor, far from it, but I grew up without some of the things that money can't buy. Due to certain circumstances, mental and physical adversities, and some higher powers who were human, these things were out of my reach. They were dangled right in front of me, but I knew I could never grab them. The people in third world countries might have a vague idea of what they're missing, but they don't get it shoved in their face every single day (because they don't have TVs). Their dreams might be impossible, but it's because of where they are, not who they are. If you think this put me in the category of an angsty teen, you'd be wrong. I kept a humorous exterior although I was hurting on the inside. You know what? You don't want me to believe. Like I said before, if God exists, then he's been fucking with me for over a decade. If God exists, he owes me an explanation. I'm awaiting a visit from a burning bush, but I won't hold my breath.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
dude if you(or a relative) haven't did something horrible in the past then you'll get yours one day
Maybe God is constantly being distracted by various sports teams who keep bugging him to help their team win, and other stupid shit like that.

Hey, even if you're omnipotent, the human race can lag the shit out of you.

Oh, and I just remembered this: A Flash series on Newgrounds about a Goth chick...although the series has been becoming more popular for the hyperactive squirrel. But eh, here, check it if you want:

http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/ne...yours.html
you say that by having material possessions make up for the lack of emotional distress, then i say that you sir are perhaps the most vain and shallow person i have ever known. Perhaps you are right in saying that my overall condition is much better than the norm in those of the third world conutries, but that is not how pain is measured. mental anguish and suffering are not absolute qualities that you can assign a number to. They are comparative to your peers. The little african kid might not have enough to eat, he might be suffering from a worse disease than i am, but then, all his friends also suffer from the same conditions. He does not know of a better life, and does not comprehend the world from our perspective. Thus he accepts these physical conditions, because he is expected to, like his peers. By his understanding, the life he leads is normal, and so he does not suffer. However, by the standards of my peers, my life is, for lack of a better term, hell. I have these material possesions, but i am not allowed to enjoy them. I know of the pleasures these things can give me, because i see my friends enjoying them everyday, taking for granted their normal lives. I see their happiness, and my anguish contrast against their radiating joy. My sufferings are like a shadow, made only more pronounced by the joys of those around me.
Quote:you say that by having material possessions make up for the lack of emotional distress, then i say that you sir are perhaps the most vain and shallow person i have ever known. Perhaps you are right in saying that my overall condition is much better than the norm in those of the third world conutries, but that is not how pain is measured. mental anguish and suffering are not absolute qualities that you can assign a number to. They are comparative to your peers. The little african kid might not have enough to eat, he might be suffering from a worse disease than i am, but then, all his friends also suffer from the same conditions. He does not know of a better life, and does not comprehend the world from our perspective. Thus he accepts these physical conditions, because he is expected to, like his peers. By his understanding, the life he leads is normal, and so he does not suffer. However, by the standards of my peers, my life is, for lack of a better term, hell. I have these material possesions, but i am not allowed to enjoy them. I know of the pleasures these things can give me, because i see my friends enjoying them everyday, taking for granted their normal lives. I see their happiness, and my anguish contrast against their radiating joy. My sufferings are like a shadow, made only more pronounced by the joys of those around me.
I'm beginning to notice a "ditto" pattern. Your writing style is even similar to mine (it's closer than any other author I've seen). Maybe our beliefs somehow explain that.
I know that you saw me.
yea i noticed that while reading your frontier lemons, hope you finish off the series soon :)
Quote:yea i noticed that while reading your frontier lemons, hope you finish off the series soon
Oh yeah, it's going to be nice to have some backup on this board. As far as the series goes, the target completion date is September 2004. ChibiRenamon is a student too, so that might not be too many updates from now. I'm considering posting a set of "Spirit Poems" (similar to the themes that the frontier kids get in the Japanese version) in the meantime. So far, I've finished Kouji's and Takuya's.
I know that you saw me.
Wise, has it ever occured to you that perhaps it's best to make whatever you have work for you? It's not all sinshine and rainbows for me, either, but I'm not blaming it on "God". It's much betterr to help yourself than to just blame it on someone else like any half-assed moron can do. I'm not saying that everything is perfect on your side, or that you have it better than me (it's probably the opposite) but "God" isn't just going to fix you because you have a problem and someone else doesn't
Quote:Wise, has it ever occured to you that perhaps it's best to make whatever you have work for you? It's not all sinshine and rainbows for me, either, but I'm not blaming it on "God". It's much betterr to help yourself than to just blame it on someone else like any half-assed moron can do. I'm not saying that everything is perfect on your side, or that you have it better than me (it's probably the opposite) but "God" isn't just going to fix you because you have a problem and someone else doesn't
And you stare at me in your Jesus Christ pose, but you don't get it. I'm not blaming God; I'm not even believing. I haven't sulked forever in self-pity; I've fixed things. After years of fighting one battle after another, I can finally pass for almost normal. Even on the upside, I still don't believe, because it was all me. I'm just saying that I don't share your blind beliefs because of what I've gone through.
I know that you saw me.