Join our server on Discord

Ken was not ment to be a Digidestined?
Actually Nate, your wrong about the crests having to be inside the tags to function.

In the first season, Hikari becomes possessed by that digital spirit and explains all this to the children. You see, it was brought up when Taichi made a point that him and Hikari didn't have digivices when the digiegg came out of their computer.

It is here that the spirit tells them that a digivice doesn't have anything to do with evolving the monsters. Instead, it's only used to make the evolving process much easier. S/he also makes a point of saying it also applies to the crests.

So the power from the crests comes from within the children. This means Ken could have had Wormmon evolve anytime without it.
I understand that, however I believe it would be nigh on impossible to achieve the amount of power necessary to prompt the INITITAL evolution to a Perfect level Digimon. The Tags work in tandem with the crests to amplify the power, and each evolution leaves a trace amount of power behind -- thus even with the ecrests destroyed in Season 2, it should have remain possible for ALL of the Adventure Digimon to reach their Perfect forms if they were needed, because the children sacrificed only the material crests, not their attribute.

This leads to my other theory, which is that Crest powered evolution was not possible during Zero Two, regardless of whether they had had the Crest or displayed a huge amount of the attribute that fueled their partner's evolution -- it simply couldn't work. This could be for several reasons, however I lean towards the option that it is because the Crest powers had to move on in order to activate the Digimentals.

Anyhow, the Tag amplifies te Crest power, the Crest amplifies the capabilities of the Digivice, and the Digivice amplifies the children's power. Thus it was SIGNIFICANTLY easier for the Digimon to evolve in Adventure than it was in Zero Two, which is why the Jogress evolution was used -- it accomplished two things -- the first was that it gave the three "new" kids (Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori) their Perfect forms, their TRUE perfect forms, while sacrificing those of the other three. Ken simply got gypped out of it because he had to be the power source for Daisuke's partner.
makes sense
yes I think thats why he was evill
sabergatomon Wrote:Not to mention that Owikowa met him at his brother's funeral and knew that he was also Digidestined!

1--is "Oikawa" really that hard to spell?
2--I dont' think he knew Ken was Destined, I think he just knew Ken had the Spore in him. (side note--Milliniummon was the one who implanted it, so how did Myotismon and Daemon both know about it?)
Blackjack Gabbiani Wrote:2--I dont' think he knew Ken was Destined, I think he just knew Ken had the Spore in him. (side note--Milleniummon was the one who implanted it, so how did Myotismon and Daemon both know about it?)

Well first, off. Regarding Ken's being a Chosen, I agree with previous posts that stated criterias qualify him as one; the intimate bonding with Wormmon, etc.

And regarding Blackjack's stated quote above...I think that was somewhat a hole in the plot of how Vamdemon/Myotismon or even Daemon themselves were able to detect the Dark Spore in young Ichijouji. If I remember correctly, there was somewhat lack of explanation in the anime of how did those two know, and to me, the mystery of Daemon himself suddenly making his presence known along with his Nightmare Soldiers or Daemon Corps in one of 02's arc, until with the Demon Lord himself being beaten and banished to the Dark Oceans.

Those questions have been playing in my mind until this day whenever I remember or rewatch 02. All I can, perhaps hypothesize to fill that hole is maybe the Dark Spore implanted on Ken is a unique concentration of Dark Energy, which could be a small fraction but still a powerful fragment of Milleniumon's Evil Power. (Also read some articles regarding Milleniumon in the Wonderswan Games) Thus, it is akin to sugar when ants smell or detect, which perhaps the same goes to Vamdemon/Myo and Daemon themselves able to seek out the 'scent' or enticed by the Milleniumon's Dark Spore...

And like the saying there is no honor amongst thieves, so there's no love laws between two certain Digimon Demon Lords who were out to get a certain Dark Spore before the other one does.

Well, that's my cents. The above is just thoughts of I can think. Please feel free for correction/s, thanks!
that makes sense and also if daemon got it then he might turn into his beastal form (the normal daemon)
Wasn't there more information on this in the Japanese version of the show?
Anonmon Wrote:Wasn't there more information on this in the Japanese version of the show?

You know I hate the dub for 2 things
1. Laim jokes(there are so many of them that I think they cut out a lot of important things for them)
2. They cut too much importent stuf out

I wa interested in the dark ocean origins. Like in the episode where T.K. saves Kari and brings her back to the real world at the end of the episode they show some kind of dark giant digimon in the backgrounds and the narator saz Who Is this undersea master. They didnt explain who that digimon was or for what reason Kari vas puld into that world.
You're right BlackPhoenix, the Dark Ocean part was really incomplete, I thought they gonna have more episodes about this since like you said the figure of a dark digimon namely Dragomon appeared on the background, they leaved a lot of incognits about the Dark Ocean, but well that's how Toei works :?

Hey Nate I was reading your post and this part:

Quote:I personally believe he continued to have the crest, and that it became necessary for him to have it converted to a Digimental at a later time, in order to battle someone who was posing as him, returned to his old state of the Kaizer. Because Tailmon could not use Armor Evolution, she was forced to "sit out" during the time the Neo Dark Towers were up, however her Digimental was accessible to all -- Ken was normally the one who used it, though, which resulted in Coatlmon.

Kinda reminds me of the first Drama CD of Season 2 Toei released in Japan. As much of you know the Drama CDs are stories based on the seasons of Digimon but is only in Audio.

Anyhow the first Drama CD which is called Digimon 02: Michi E No Armor Shinka, starts 2 months after MaloMyotismon's defeat meaning that is during Valentines Day, Davis trying to get chocolates from the girls emulated Matt by singing and playing the bass, when that failed he emulated Izzy by trying to fix a computer but with really bad results. :P

Anyhow, after seeing how emulating Matt and Izzy didn't worked Davis went to the edge of Impersonalize Ken's Digimon Emperor Persona since he thought that the girls loved the evil guy style, he even went to the edge of kick Veemon to make the act more real, but he took that too serious and it took Ken's convincing & the power Puttimon to stop Daisuke from relucantly beating up Veemon to get into character, But while this happened a digimon called Pukumon talked Boltmon into causing the chaos at Ginza, later on and I don't know how, Pukumon produced a control spear forcing the 02 gang to use the armor digieggs but when Joe got knocked over the team, their D-Terminals ended mixed ended in the following order:

TK with Kari's D-Terminal
Davis with TK's Terminal
Yolei with Davis' Terminal
Kari with Cody's Terminal
Cody with Yolei's Terminal

This gave origin to Mambomon, Saggitarimon, Rinkmon, Butterflymon and Pteramon respectively

all this 5 armor digimon plus Puttimon defeated Pukumon but in the end the poor Davis ended like how he started, without girls ga ga over him.

That Drama CD was mostly comedy and is pretty obvious seeing all the things Davis did in his attempts to win girls :P

But my point Nate is that the last part of your post remainded me of this CD since you mentioned in that part Ken battling someone who posed as him, in the Drama CD he had to convince Davis who was posing as his Digimon Emperor persona; then comes that Tailmon's digimental was accessible to all, thing that sorta happened in this Drama CD since TK ended with Kari's D-Terminal allowing Patamon to digivolve to Mambomon.

Now and on another note, the Digiegg of Miracles sure had produced a lot of debate around the fans of digimon but mostly the fans of Davis, a lot of Davis' fans think that Davis conserved the digiegg of Miracles and even say that Davis has the crest of Miracles when the truth is that there's no crest of Miracles, since as we all know the crests are based on the virtues and Miracles isn't a virtue since you can make a miracle happen at own will, you need to have fate or hope which is the same in my opinion so a miracle can happen, but a lot of Davis' fans think that Davis is the almighty powerful digidestined of all, no offense to the fans of Davis or anything but is true, I had seen a lot of fics where Davis had been God modded beyond the limits, or what do you think of Davis with the powers and abilities of Goku, Hyo Azakura, Yusuke Urameshi, YuGiOh and even some Final Fantasy style powers combined? obviously this results also in Veemon as a powerful mon, and as example there is a fic where ExVeemon took a full attack from BlackWarGreymon and he didn't dedigivolved, I mean come on, ExVeemon is just a champion level while BlackWarGreymon is a mega and everyone knows that BlackWarGreymon's dramon destroyers are really effective on dragon digimon, hence the name Dramon destroyers.

I don't have anything against the fans of Davis or fans of Veemon, but I think that all that god modding really erases the real character Davis was on the series.

Now and returning to the digiegg of miracles and as it that was mentioned here already, after Kimeramon's defeat the digiegg of Miracles turned into the crest of kindness, Azulongmon was who created the digiegg of miracles trough the crest of kindness, I read this on a very reliable site, (I'll post the link here when I find it), now as all of you know supposedly the Movie of Digimon we got here on America is out of continuity but this is not true at al; you see if we give the third part of the USA movie a continuity that would be after the gang defeated Ken, since at that time they were on summer vacations so after defeat Ken the team surely took a break resulting on TK and Kari going to America to visit Mimi while Davis and the others were on the beach and Ken still was out of it on his house sorting his thoughts and having all those memories, and that give us the reason why Ken didn't appeared in the movie.

Now Angemon and Angewomon going to mega wasn't precisely out of continuity, it was just a temporary evolution they needed to do in order to recreate temporary the golden digimentals, while Magnadramon created the digiegg of Fate, Seraphimon re-created the digiegg of Miracles to help Flamedramon and Gargomon to fight the corrupted Cherubimon.

Well that is my theory about the movie to give it a continuity within season 2, now and about Ken not meant to be a digidestined, I disagree too since it was explained already when Osamu took the digivice it didn't reacted, not even a glow, and as soon Ken touched it, the digivice reacted.
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions