Join our server on Discord

Ken was not ment to be a Digidestined?
If you watch the episode when the D-Vice arrived at Ken's apartment him and his brother where both there. So how can we be 100% sure the D-Vice was ment for him?

I think that the D-Vice was ment for his brother, but when his brother died it had to choice a new owner and that was Ken.

So Ken (in my view) was never ment to be a Digidestined.

What are your views on this?
Interesting theory

one theory I had in mind was Lopmon's gender in all the realities

in adventure and frontier Lopmon was male, in tamers Lopmon is female

could it be when Lopmon digivolves? the world may never know
Tank Cop Wrote:If you watch the episode when the D-Vice arrived at Ken's apartment him and his brother where both there. So how can we be 100% sure the D-Vice was ment for him?

I think that the D-Vice was ment for his brother, but when his brother died it had to choice a new owner and that was Ken.

So Ken (in my view) was never ment to be a Digidestined.

What are your views on this?

Let's see -- The Digivice reacted to Ken before Osamu died, taking him to the Digital World where he helped Ryou defeat Milleniumon and was then hit by a Dark Spore while saving Ryou from it. Wormmon recognized Ken as his partner, and had the emotional affinity for him that all of the Digimon have had for their partner. I do not believe this would have happened if the Digivice were meant to be Osamu's and not Ken's. This sort of theory can lead to the question "What if other kids had gotten the Digivices?", and "What if the Chosen Kids weren't supposed to get the Digivices?", and even "What if they found the wrong Eighth Child?".

If Ken was not meant to be a Chosen Child, the Crest of Kindness would not have reacted to him. He would never have reached the Digital World in the first place unless he was a Chosen Child, Osamu would have gone and helped Ryou dfefeat Milleniumon. Most importantly, if Ken was not meant to be a Chosen Child, he would not have been one in the show. The people who wrote the story knew what they were doing when that happened.

So I think we can indeed be "100% sure" that the Digivice Ken received was meant for him and only him through three simple facts.

1) The Digivice reacted to Ken before Osamu died. It did not react in any way to Osamu when he placed it in the drawer.

2) Wormmon recognized Ken as his partner and had feelings (deeper than most partner bonds, but feelings all the same) for him as such.

3) Ken was revealed as a Chosen Child during the course of the show, which he would not have been unless he was indeed meant to be a Chosen Child.
I'm not trying to start anything, but a better question might be: If Ken hadn't joined the team, would he and Yolie have still gotten married?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
tank I'm sorry but nate's right
hikari about lopmon
adventure is male
frontier is male
jp. tamers is male
us tamers is female
wisemon don't know probally not

I know a lot about digimon
Not to mention that Owikowa met him at his brother's funeral and knew that he was also Digidestined! This is like beating a dead horse, or asking what would happen if D-O-G spelled cat.

SaberGatomon said it, and I'll say it again! Twisted
What happened to the crest of Kindness? WHy couldnt Ken use it to make Stingmon go ultimate? & why didnt it become an egg? Or was it the one that V-mon used to get that gold armor? & what happened to that egg after that one episode?
it's still in the wreckage(if there is any more) of the emperor's base
cause he got screwed out of another form in the show that's why he married yolie to make up for it plus he didn't have a tag too
the egg thing was over then I think
no
it dissapeared but left ken's creast behind

there 5 questions done in a very short time thank you come again
(1) What happened to the crest of Kindness?

Daisuke gave it to Ken. Note hoever that the Crest must be held within a Tag in order for it's power to be activated, and Ken was never shown with a Tag, hence:

(2) Why couldnt Ken use it to make Stingmon go ultimate?

As I said above, a Crest does not react to a Digivice unless it is within a Tag. However, Stingmon's Ultimate form has since been revealed -- Jewel Beemon. But we still wonder:

(3) & why didnt it become an egg?

It did not become a Digimental because it was not sacrificed with the others in order to protect the Digital World from itself.

(4) Or was it the one that V-mon used to get that gold armor?

Yes, V-mon's Digimental of Miracles was created by the power of the Crest of Kindness -- this, I believe, was why it was able to power Ken's base. Still, you ask:

(5) & what happened to that egg after that one episode?

It reverted to the Crest of Kindness (see above for information on that), and was given to Ken.

I do have an alternate theory, however it does not hold up well in the show continuity -- the Crest of Kindness was sacrificed in order to revive Wormmon in the Primary Hatching Grounds, and restore his memories of Ken in full. Please note that though I do propose this theory, I do not follow it.

I personally believe he continued to have the crest, and that it became necessary for him to have it converted to a Digimental at a later time, in order to battle someone who was posing as him, returned to his old state of the Kaizer. Because Tailmon could not use Armor Evolution, she was forced to "sit out" during the time the Neo Dark Towers were up, however her Digimental was accessible to all -- Ken was normally the one who used it, though, which resulted in Coatlmon.
his ultimate is either jewelbeemon or dinobeemon the 2nd is the jogress of xveemon and stingmon