Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you like Kari?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.21%
33 70.21%
No
29.79%
14 29.79%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you like Kari?
I don't remember Izumi saying "I know just how you feel".
It was after they spent the night in Nefertimon's castle. Izumi had spent the night searching with Takuya for the fractal key. Takuya had said, "I like you...as a friend," and proceeded to fall asleep. The next morning, the gang revealed the results of their search. Bokomon said something like, "It was a disappointing night for me," and that's when Izumi had her line. Personally, I believe that Takuya wouldn't try anything with Izumi because of Junpei, possibly because of friendship, but more likely because of fear. I wrote as much in my series.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:It was after they spent the night in Nefertimon's castle. Izumi had spent the night searching with Takuya for the fractal key. Takuya had said, "I like you...as a friend," and proceeded to fall asleep. The next morning, the gang revealed the results of their search. Bokomon said something like, "It was a disappointing night for me," and that's when Izumi had her line. Personally, I believe that Takuya wouldn't try anything with Izumi because of Junpei, possibly because of friendship, but more likely because of fear. I wrote as much in my series.

Well, i can understand Takuya telling Zoe that, seeing as, in the beginning, whenever he was teamed up with her, she'd eventually flip out at him, thinking he was a perv, or something (I haven't seen the show too much, but I do remember that much)
I don't think I've seen that episode yet. I don't remember any Nefertimon in episodes 1-38...
*Pulls out an encyclopedia, puts on a pink belt, and speaks in a bokomon voice* Nefertimon apeared in episode 46 "To Make The World Go Away"
*closes book* So that's why you never seen her in 1-38, she was in 46.
All this is thanks to the digimon encyclopedia website.
Up to 45 now. I seriously think that Takuya's reason for not going out with Izumi are more friendship for Junpei. We have to think about who JUNPEI is: A guy who has a harder time making friends than even us, because up until partway through the season he didn't really even know what a friend is. We at least know, we just have to find people for whom our relationship meets the definition of friendship. Recall Junpei's flashback of doing magic tricks before a rainstorm. Takuya didn't see the flashback, but he sees this part of who Junpei is, and therefore doesn't sever his friends sole tie to any possibility of romance.

Damn, that was overanalyzed.

And now, more reasons to hate Hikari. She has the Crest of Light and speaks for the Light DigiGods. WTF kind of person does that?! Once again we encounter Kari's #1 bitchiness indicator: She is not merely selfless in the sense of always acting for others, but in the sense of having NO inner self.

Then in 02 she is thrust into a position of being on the "Leaders' Council" with TK and occasional shouting from Davis. This forces her other-oriented personality to develop a self, but it is a diseased self mostly there to play the role of Chosen Child of Light. She mainly thinks of herself in that way and by extension her close friends and family such as Taichi and Takeru. Other than that, her duty to the Chosen supercedes her sense of being fair and kind to Daisuke.

Witness my powers!
Overanalizing? No that's a logical explanation of Takuya not going out with Izumi.
Quote:Up to 45 now. I seriously think that Takuya's reason for not going out with Izumi are more friendship for Junpei. We have to think about who JUNPEI is: A guy who has a harder time making friends than even us, because up until partway through the season he didn't really even know what a friend is. We at least know, we just have to find people for whom our relationship meets the definition of friendship. Recall Junpei's flashback of doing magic tricks before a rainstorm. Takuya didn't see the flashback, but he sees this part of who Junpei is, and therefore doesn't sever his friends sole tie to any possibility of romance.

Damn, that was overanalyzed.
Yeah, you're probably right, and that wasn't overanalyzed. Trust me, I've gone deeper on that puzzle.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Realey